PDA

View Full Version : MS Force Feedback and MS Vista

Wobbiebait
11-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Are any of you using the MS Force Feedback stick on a new machine that runs Vista and if so does it work? I am having issues (no feedback) and am hoping I don't have to go back to XP to use my joystick. Thanks in advance for your input!

Cheers!

Wobbiebait

Bearcat99
11-13-2007, 04:04 PM
I see you have gotten no responses.. I am going to move this to the tech forum with shortcuts here and to the GD. I dont use Vista so I cant say...

rafaellorena
11-13-2007, 04:26 PM
im my vista the ffb2 works fine =) ... no issues

leitmotiv
11-13-2007, 06:29 PM
WHEW!!!

BoCfuss
11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
MSFF2 and Vista work fine for me. Of course FFB Pro will not work in Vista without heavy modification.

Wobbiebait
11-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks so much for the input guys! I have found that the force feedback is not working correctly since getting a new machine with vista. There is some recoil when I fire some guns (it is much less than before), but no pre-stall shudder. I cannot access the game controls. It says I do not have enough resources even though I have new Dell XPS with tons of memory! Any ideas? I have reinstalled software, but still no good... UGH! I am thinking about going back to XP because I need my force feedback! Thanks in advance for the advice!

Xiolablu3
11-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BoCfuss:
MSFF2 and Vista work fine for me. Of course FFB Pro will not work in Vista without heavy modification.

CAn you elaborate Bofuss?

Why exactly doesnt it work?

I use a Soundblaster Live! for the gameport in XP, and its always worked fine...

Kamikaze_239
02-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Wobbiebait,
For me, FFB2 works perfectly, you just have to plugin your joystick and then you have to put the install CDROM into your CD bay.

Follow on-screen instructions, and it <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> should </pre> work perfectly in Vista.

BoCfuss
02-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoCfuss:

CAn you elaborate Bofuss?

Why exactly doesnt it work?

I use a Soundblaster Live! for the gameport in XP, and its always worked fine... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vista does not support gameport. You would have to turn the MSFF Pro into a USB device.

bolox00
02-14-2008, 04:30 AM
this link might be of use to 32bit vista users with a gameport
http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?b...ate_ascending&page=1 (http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=Vista&message.id=13336&view=by_date_ascending&page=1)

can't vouch for it as i'm still on xp but may be of use to someone

Bearcat99
02-19-2008, 10:31 PM
What you are looking for is here at this link (http://www.download3k.com/Games/Tools-Editors/Download-Pinnacle-Game-Profiler.html). Works great... has a GUI.. is only $19. Works in XP-64... I imagine it will work in Vista too. I set up my stick exactly like I had it in XP using the MS software... comeplete with a MACRO to set my RCU in the console when I am hosting.