PDA

View Full Version : Yusuf

medcsu11
06-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Anyone want to bet that there will be a power issue with this guy?
Always, ALWAYS seems to be the story line in movies/games when someone steps into another turf with a higher "rank" and that person has to take a step back.

kriegerdesgottes
06-22-2011, 01:05 PM
I thought that at first but it doesn't really look like the case here in this game. From what I read, Yusuf is just surprised that Ezio has never heard of the hookblade when he shows up and he shows it to him. I guess we will find out more about their relationship when the game comes out. I would like to see Yusuf with his hood on. I kind of like the look of the Ottoman assassins.

MXiMike
06-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Ezio is the Grand-Master of the entire order, in his time period at least. I don't see why there'd be any power-struggle imo. Unless Ezio starts to mess up things or fail assassinations(doubtful..) then his leadership may be questioned.

medcsu11
06-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by MXiMike:
Ezio is the Grand-Master of the entire order, in his time period at least. I don't see why there'd be any power-struggle imo. Unless Ezio starts to mess up things or fail assassinations(doubtful..) then his leadership may be questioned.

He comes a very long way and says "hey guys I'm the Grand Master" in a time period that doesnt leave voice messages to alert a sector that a boss is coming and also one that doesnt have a picture identifier.
Yeah...I could see many reasons for a power struggle.

L0rdeKing
06-22-2011, 01:44 PM
I think yusuf will be like Malik from AC1 or Machiavelli from ACB

MXiMike
06-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Ever heard of pigeons? You know the birds that carry messages for the assassins. How in brotherhood you arrange things with other countries all over Europe? Ring a bell?

medcsu11
06-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Ever heard of pigeons? You know the birds that carry messages for the assassins. How in brotherhood you arrange things with other countries all over Europe? Ring a bell?

Ok Ill make this easier. You are leading an area for awhile (we assume). In walks someone claiming (carrier letter or not) to be something when he doesnt know about an invention you consider to be a norm. This would create a potential power struggle anywhere.

MXiMike
06-22-2011, 02:15 PM
This is all opinions, stop trying to state things as facts. Word spreads, IMO Ezio is practically a legend among the assassins after freeing the entire of Italy from the Templars rule. I bet Yusuf will recognize Ezio the moment he first sees him. You also seem to be confusing the fact that they are on the SAME side here..... Yusuf is and will be leader of the Ottomen sect of assassins, but Ezio is the of the entire order. Unless Yusuf turns out like Al-Mualim, What do they have to fight over...?

medcsu11
06-22-2011, 03:16 PM
This is all opinions, stop trying to state things as facts. Word spreads, IMO Ezio is practically a legend among the assassins after freeing the entire of Italy from the Templars rule. I bet Yusuf will recognize Ezio the moment he first sees him. You also seem to be confusing the fact that they are on the SAME side here..... Yusuf is and will be leader of the Ottomen sect of assassins, but Ezio is the of the entire order. Unless Yusuf turns out like Al-Mualim, What do they have to fight over...?

I never stated anything as fact. By that thought pattern you were stating your opinion as fact as well.
It is a discussion, a discussion about an opinion. I really hope it doesnt turn out this way but there is always a potential in the world of AC. Although the demo shows them to be pretty solid so we'll see. Constantinople is a city under a massive wave of change. The city is under new management on all facets so it may be a (and I would love this) chaos filled environment.

Calvarok
06-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Ezio has sent Assassins to Constantinople before. They know about him. Anyway, Game Informer said it will be a friendly rivalry. So there.

CRUDFACE
06-23-2011, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Ezio has sent Assassins to Constantinople before. They know about him. Anyway, Game Informer said it will be a friendly rivalry. So there.

Yeah, that's what I've ben thinking. I mean, there will probably be some of the more "tense" moments between them, but yusuf, in the trailer at least, seemed pretty cool. then again, that was during a time when half the game was done.

I have to admit though, he looks pretty cool, his vambraces are cooler, and...he's got a bandana!

Eric_490
06-23-2011, 02:36 AM
You guys realize that Ezio is "The Mentor" right?

"The Mentor"= Grand Master Assassin leader of entire worldwide brotherhood.

Every Assassin in the entire world knows who he is.

MXiMike
06-23-2011, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Eric_490:

Yeah, pretty much what i was getting at.

Blind2Society
06-23-2011, 05:37 AM
From what we saw it almost seems their relationship will an evolved version of the relationship Ezio shared with Federico. Only now, Ezio is the wiser andis somewhat hesitant. At least that's what came to mind when I first saw it.

El_Sjietah
06-23-2011, 06:20 AM

They know his name, but they don't know his face. It's not like nowadays where you can look someone up on Facebook and know exactly what he looks like. If there isn't at least some suspicion or requirement of evidence when Yusuf and Ezio first meet, I'll be thoroughly disappointed. Then again, it would be a nice continuation from the amateurism shown by the Assassins in AC2 and Brotherhood compared to AC1.

tjbyrum1
06-23-2011, 06:35 AM

Lol.

Deus Ex Machina

Blind2Society
06-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Then again, it would be a nice continuation from the amateurism shown by the Assassins in AC2 and Brotherhood compared to AC1.
That would be so disappointing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

On a somewhat related note

[all at once] Vittoria agli assassini! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif It's not a football game for cryin out loud. That whole part of the game was way too childish.

DarthEzio55
06-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Then again, it would be a nice continuation from the amateurism shown by the Assassins in AC2 and Brotherhood compared to AC1.

[all at once] Vittoria agli assassini! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif It's not a football game for cryin out loud. That whole part of the game was way too childish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol atleast you get a trophy/achievement for completing that sequence http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

crash3
06-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Im guessing that Yusuf could go down that Al Mualim route where he turns out to be a traitor

I tcould make for a good storyline as he is just as powerful as ezio and so far all we have seen is the assassins utterly destroying the templars, it would be a cool twist to see the assassins actually suffer a crippling defeat just as we think that ezio has killed all his enemies

SupremeCaptain
06-23-2011, 01:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

[all at once] Vittoria agli assassini! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif It's not a football game for cryin out loud. That whole part of the game was way too childish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I absolutely hated that "Vittoria agli Assassini" part. They are suppose to be assassins, they shouldn't be fricken' telling the world who they are.

Blind2Society
06-23-2011, 02:42 PM
The only words Ezio should've said to Cesare throughout the entire game was "Then I leave it in the hands of fate."

Think of how bad it would've been if, in the ACB cinematic trailer they all said Vittoria agli assassini jus tbefore they attacked. Why did they think this was a good idea for the game? I felt like I was watching a Disney movie for christmas' sake. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif For the love of god Ubi, do not do anything like that again.

Sorry for hijacking the thread I'm done now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chamboozer
06-23-2011, 02:48 PM
I agree, the 'assassin' mottos and battle cries were cheesy beyond belief, during the assassin initiation ceremonies I actually felt embarassed to be playing the game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

MXiMike
06-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I didnt think the initiation ceremony bits were that bad. The Victoria agli assassini! bit was bad bad bad.

iN3krO
06-23-2011, 03:36 PM
if it was The victoria agli Mercenari! i would be ok but assassins? that's be stealthy no?

Crash3 love your idea however ubisoft won't do such a thing cuz they won't do anything from Ac1 (AcB is not anymore assassin's creed :P, it's now mercenary's creed hahaah)

Eric_490
06-24-2011, 06:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric_490:

They know his name, but they don't know his face. It's not like nowadays where you can look someone up on Facebook and know exactly what he looks like. If there isn't at least some suspicion or requirement of evidence when Yusuf and Ezio first meet, I'll be thoroughly disappointed. Then again, it would be a nice continuation from the amateurism shown by the Assassins in AC2 and Brotherhood compared to AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, I think if you were Yusuf and a bearded 52 year old man walked up to you wearing assassin robes bearing multiple assassin symbols and the seal of Masyaf and carrying a crossbow, duel hidden blades, a sword, a short sword, and not to mention an assassin hood, and he said I am Ezio Auditore, you would have a hard time not believing him. Furthermore, Yusuf no doubt knows Ezio is coming to Constantinople, being as he is the master assassin of the entire city and would theoretically receive orders directly from The Mentor.

albertwesker22
06-24-2011, 06:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric_490:

They know his name, but they don't know his face. It's not like nowadays where you can look someone up on Facebook and know exactly what he looks like. If there isn't at least some suspicion or requirement of evidence when Yusuf and Ezio first meet, I'll be thoroughly disappointed. Then again, it would be a nice continuation from the amateurism shown by the Assassins in AC2 and Brotherhood compared to AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, I think if you were Yusuf and a bearded 52 year old man walked up to you wearing assassin robes bearing multiple assassin symbols and the seal of Masyaf and carrying a crossbow, duel hidden blades, a sword, a short sword, and not to mention an assassin hood, and he said I am Ezio Auditore, you would have a hard time not believing him. Furthermore, Yusuf no doubt knows Ezio is coming to Constantinople, being as he is the master assassin of the entire city and would theoretically receive orders directly from The Mentor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus, didn't Ezio start up the Assassins guild in Constantinople? I could swear there was a contract in Brotherhood for the recruits to set up a base of operations in the city. So i'm pretty sure Ezio is well known in Istanbul.

Eric_490
06-24-2011, 07:12 PM
I think your right Albert, I recall that mission.

scope2005
06-25-2011, 06:07 AM
The assassin recruit missions from ACB pretty much confirms that the whole assassin order is interlinked worldwide, and each regional area isnt just its own organisation.

Ezio is basically the "Al-Mualim", of his era. In fact as I recall "Al-Mualim" actually translates from arabic as "The teacher" - or "The Mentor". Just like Ezio's title. The whole Order will know his name, and if not at least the regional leaders.

If Ezio was going on a pilgrimage to Masyaf and Constantinople then it would surprise me if he didn't send word in advance so he would have the full support of the local agents of the brotherhood.

El_Sjietah
06-25-2011, 02:11 PM

Lol, I think if you were Yusuf and a bearded 52 year old man walked up to you wearing assassin robes bearing multiple assassin symbols and the seal of Masyaf and carrying a crossbow, duel hidden blades, a sword, a short sword, and not to mention an assassin hood, and he said I am Ezio Auditore, you would have a hard time not believing him. Furthermore, Yusuf no doubt knows Ezio is coming to Constantinople, being as he is the master assassin of the entire city and would theoretically receive orders directly from The Mentor.
It would still be stupid to not ask for proof. Unless they indicate they met each other before.

albertwesker22
06-25-2011, 02:15 PM

It would still be stupid to not ask for proof. Unless they indicate they met each other before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since the Assassins are linked in Europe, it would only make sense for the various guilds to have meetings at various points. Ezio might not have met Yusuf himself, but i'm sure he would have met Turkish Assassin reps.

El_Sjietah
06-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
Since the Assassins are linked in Europe, it would only make sense for the various guilds to have meetings at various points. Ezio might not have met Yusuf himself, but i'm sure he would have met Turkish Assassin reps.
Then those reps would still have to be present to validify Ezio's identity.

albertwesker22
06-25-2011, 03:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:
Then those reps would still have to be present to validify Ezio's identity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reps could say "Ezio is Italian, about 50 years old, has golden eyes" Thats pretty distintive. Besides, Ezio has been the mentor for 8 years, he must have an item on him or something to prove his identity.

Blind2Society
06-25-2011, 03:27 PM
First impressions are kind of a big deal. The first impression anyone would have when meeting Ezio would be, damn I'm not messing with that guy. That, along with the badass robes with all the assassin insignias, the Italian accent and his age. Yusuf would be pretty hard pressed not to realise who it was in my opinion.

Calvarok
06-25-2011, 06:09 PM
The Assassins had a battle cry there because they had basically taken over the entire city, and they had a super-powerful artifact that could turn an entire army against each other in their grasp. These were the LAST of Cesare's followers, and they knew that micheletto had been captured. They revealed themselves to drive Cesare out once and for all.

There was nothing more childish about their battle cries or initiation ceremonies than Al Mualim's obvious evilness and intense melodrama, or Altair saying "My blade sees for me, it cuts through the darkness".

They had absolutely ZERO reason to be stealthy.

Maybe the Assassins couldn't show any emotional investment in a fight under Al Mualim, but that was several hundred years ago. Pretty much as soon as Altair took over, they began to allow themselves to actually be human, so that they don't ever become so bitter and disilusioned that they turn against the creed, as Al Mualim did.

AC1 was full of characters that had enormous poles up their backsides, and a young Assassin who takes them extremely seriously for some reason. AC2 and ACB is full of interesting and diverse characters, and a young to middle-aged assassin who learns from them and teaches them.
And knows that sometimes there's nothing better than a victory cry.

Blind2Society
06-25-2011, 06:19 PM
You are soooo lost. Go watch a Disney movie.

Calvarok
06-25-2011, 09:04 PM
You are soooo lost. Go watch a Disney movie.

Well that's nice. Disney at least knows how to create interesting characters, and a lot of the time they do incredibly brutal things to them.

Notwithstanding, there was no way the assassins could have lost that fight, the only reason Ezio was there was because they all wanted to see Cesare fully pushed out of Rome, once and for all. It was the culmination of years of work. Nothing wrong with a battle cry or two.

Blind2Society
06-26-2011, 08:13 AM
There is something very wrong with a battle cry or two and that whole last part of the game was devoid of any intelligence what so ever.

I think I'll end the derail there. I do apologise for that.

Calvarok
06-26-2011, 01:57 PM
There is something very wrong with a battle cry or two and that whole last part of the game was devoid of any intelligence what so ever.

I think I'll end the derail there. I do apologise for that.
I fail to see how it was devoid of intelligence.

The fact that they could stand together and have a battle cry was symbolic of how things had changed. Used to be that Cesare was standing like this at the gates of Monteriggioni, but now the Assassins have taken his entire city from him and are forcing him to his OWN gate.

Another thing to note is that in that time period, it was still common for armies to have battle cries. Looking at it from a modern perspective, you might think: "Blah blah blah Disney blah blah blah Lame", but to Cesare, it was the Assassins showing that they are an army now, and that they are going to take him down.

I'm not saying that Brotherhood had the best story ever, or anything. I prefer the AC1 ending. But the way it was presented was much better than the ending of either AC1 or 2. The victory cry as the Assassins finally had the upper hand, the army coming to help... or to arrest Cesare, Cesare's final attempt to regain his glory (after a rather amazing escape, if you read the database) and his unwillingness to believe that he could be defeated, after everything going his way for so long... it was framed a lot better than the endings of AC1 and 2.

But AC1 and 2 are more impactful, I will admit. That's why I like that Revelations seems to be taking us to new territories, and opening up as to what Ezio thinks of the world, and helping him find his ultimate purpose.

Blind2Society
06-26-2011, 03:33 PM
At the risk of being scolded by a mod, I fail to see how you retain any of your own intelligence after having said that.

Anyway, all I read was the first line of your post and I can say that this discussion is going no where. I whole heartedly disagree with you, and from the previous times I have made threads and posts on the subject I will venture to say that most people here agree with me, not you.

Now I'm serious, end the derail, I disagree end of story.

Eric_490
06-26-2011, 03:38 PM
I didn't find it weird or cheesy.

Just as I dont find it weird or cheesy when a squad of US Army Special Forces says HOOAH! They're supposed to be stealthy, doesn't mean they cant yell a battle cry or some sort of motivational shout.

Calvarok
06-26-2011, 03:49 PM
At the risk of being scolded by a mod, I fail to see how you retain any of your own intelligence after having said that.

Anyway, all I read was the first line of your post and I can say that this discussion is going no where. I whole heartedly disagree with you, and from the previous times I have made threads and posts on the subject I will venture to say that most people here agree with me, not you.

I'm continuing to talk to you, because I'm interested in what you have to say about my opinions. I've presented logical points to you, and I'd like to see how you react to them. This is called debating.

We haven't actually reached a point where you can say "we just disagree". You've not stated your reasons for your belief. So could you please read my post and reply thoughtfully, or just refrain from responding to my opinions with "you are wrong, period"? If you're rather not discuss it, say that immediately.

Blind2Society
06-26-2011, 03:55 PM
What part of

Did you not understand?

To your point, I have posted my feelings on this matter many times in many places. I may have even made a thread about it. If you want to know my opinions, look it up. We are derailing the thread and this is the end of it!

Calvarok
06-26-2011, 04:02 PM
What part of
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Did you not understand?

To your point, I have posted my feelings on this matter many times in many places. I may have even made a thread about it. If you want to know my opinions, look it up. We are derailing the thread and this is the end of it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You did not say anything about not wanting to continue.

You continued to state your opinion, yes. And if you had read my post, you would have found that I agreed with you that Brotherhood's ending was not as good. I also laid out why that was not because of a simple victory cry. Anyways, back on track.

Dagio12
06-26-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't find the battle cry at the end of brotherhood to be so cheesy is deserves this much attention. For me, if I really wanted to sit down and think about it, it kind of makes sense in the sense of the story and what it represents ( as Calvarok mentioned in his earlier posts).

Per wiki encyclopedia - "A battle cry is a yell or chant taken up in battle, usually by members of the same military unit often aimed to invoke patriotic or religious sentiment. Their purpose is a combination of arousing aggression and esprit de corps on one's own side and causing intimidation on the hostile side."

seems fitting to what was going on in the story to me. cheesy or not this was something very popular and common from the middle ages and on (maybe not so much in modern time but...), and seeing as how its clear that there wasnt any need for stealth, it seemed appropriate. I couldnt care less if it was there or not tbh.

Lets not get so worked up bc some people didnt like one line in the game that was actually very appropriate IMO.

ON TOPIC, I will agree with what blind2society said in regards to Yusuf and Ezios first impression. A tight knit group like the assassins are sure to have a pretty good idea about who Ezio is and what he looks like. And lets be honest... he should look pretty obvious to anyone who is high ranking in the assassin order.

Having said that, its totally possible that Yusuf may have a tiny bit of animosity towards Ezio, but im thinking probably not as they are fighting for the same cause and seem to be pretty buddy buddy in the demo. But who knows what kind of crazy twists and turns the story may throw at us.