PDA

View Full Version : Would you believe I have actually found a REAL FW190 A8 BUG

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Posted it in Olegs Forum too so they might fix it.

Noticed on the FW190 A8 that the secondary effects of Yaw, I.E Roll, is modelled the wrong way round.

The Application of the rudder causes the Aircraft to yaw . This yaw means that the wing on the outside of the turn is moving faster through the air, while the inside wing moves slower. This speed change generates more lift from the outside wing and less from the inner, causing the aircraft to roll in the direction of the turn. The application of rudder then, causes first a yaw, followed by a roll.

The FW190 A8 on FB it is the other way round the advancing wing drops not rises as it should do.

Tried the IL2 and that is modelled correctly.

Would have emailed it direct to them but can't find the address to do it anymore........anyone got it?

Well /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Posted it in Olegs Forum too so they might fix it.

Noticed on the FW190 A8 that the secondary effects of Yaw, I.E Roll, is modelled the wrong way round.

The Application of the rudder causes the Aircraft to yaw . This yaw means that the wing on the outside of the turn is moving faster through the air, while the inside wing moves slower. This speed change generates more lift from the outside wing and less from the inner, causing the aircraft to roll in the direction of the turn. The application of rudder then, causes first a yaw, followed by a roll.

The FW190 A8 on FB it is the other way round the advancing wing drops not rises as it should do.

Tried the IL2 and that is modelled correctly.

Would have emailed it direct to them but can't find the address to do it anymore........anyone got it?

Well /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 01:08 AM
And what would you know??? Anyone would think you are some sort of aircraft engineer or somthing??!! hehehe!!!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/aeroart/images/hunhunter-texas_sig2a1.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 01:11 AM
Rumour has it, i even reduce the years ive been messing it up now as over 25 seems bad /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

But I digress, an update

I tried it again it works correct with spins and stalls enabled, but it i tried to emulate the room i noticed it in and works the opposite way in a room with them Disabled and it was a couple of planes I tried, they all seem to have the roll effect reversed when stall and spin is disabled..

weird, dont know if this is a bug or the way they modelled the spins and stalls out, either way it is incorrect

Ah well i have done my bit and let em know /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Message Edited on 08/22/0312:12AM by Taylortony

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 01:16 AM
The E-mail address for bug reports, and the bug report form was in the readme.

It's il2beta@1c.ru

248th_Vgamer
C/O IL-2 Sturmovik Division
248th VFS
http://www.248th.com

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 02:33 AM
-- The E-mail address for bug reports, and the bug report form was in the readme.

Thanks. I can't get any of them to stall or spin when spins and stalls and are disabled. BUG!!!

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 03:41 AM
dont forget p39 mig3u and the yaks are the same way, hopefully they will be fixed and no stupid manuevers stickyanking from a/c and impossible manuevers when on thier six

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 06:59 AM
Taylortony wrote:
- Rumour has it, i even reduce the years ive been
- messing it up now as over 25 seems bad /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
-
- But I digress, an update
-
-
- I tried it again it works correct with spins and
- stalls enabled, but it i tried to emulate the room i
- noticed it in and works the opposite way in a room
- with them Disabled and it was a couple of planes I
- tried, they all seem to have the roll effect
- reversed when stall and spin is disabled..
-
- weird, dont know if this is a bug or the way they
- modelled the spins and stalls out, either way it is
- incorrect
-
- Ah well i have done my bit and let em know /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
-
-
-
-
-
- Message Edited on 08/22/03 12:12AM by
- Taylortony

An aircraft engineer playing with spins and stalls off. Oh, the irony!

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 06:23 PM
A.K.Davis wrote:

An aircraft engineer playing with spins and stalls
off. Oh, the irony!

Hehehehe i didnt realise it was off but with the probs at UBI COM rooms are a bit scarce these days, i actually like em on /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Did you know that modern Russian combat jets actually have a button, so if you mess it all up and get it out of the flight regime you hit it and it is designed to restore the Aircraft back to straight and level mode /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I know some pilots at work could do with one of those taped permanently in /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif