PDA

View Full Version : Hosting through a router.

Devils_Knight_
04-19-2005, 01:32 AM
Hi. I'm trying to host a game through ubi.com, but noone connects. I have opened ports 21000-21010. and still noone joins. Has anyone actualy hosted through a router before? how?
thanks...

strelnik_Sipi
04-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Nope you cant. Download Hyperlobby.

Troll2k
04-19-2005, 06:13 AM
There is a flaw in the Ubi game service that has not allowed hosting from behind a router since Forgotten Battles 1.22.

Since they have made no attempt to fix this I can only assume that a fix is not on their "to do" list.

Bearcat99
04-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Im curious.... I see this is your first post here.. how long have you had the sim and what version do you have? 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 or PF stand alone.

Hit the Sturmovik Essentials link in my sig in any case. There are a lot of good sites and all sorts of stuff there. Including Hyperlobby. Make sure you hit every link. Check out Uberdemon's software and Shft E's VAC and the QMT in particular... not to mention the DCG and/or DGEN.. and go through Airwarfare.com with a very fine toothed comb. There is so much good stuff there from Luckyboy's guide to Tully's stick set ups.... and any and everything in between.

Welcome aboard. Sign into the who we are thread on the top page of the GD forum please if you havent already. Take a look at the others who share your passion for WW2 aircraft.

Oh.. and to host through a router on HL you will need to open up the following ports:

Hyperlobby 20999-20999
Hyperlobby 1698 - 1708
Teamspeak 8767
Ventrillo 3700- 3790

In case you dont know TS and Vent are comms programs. Hyperlobby is the place to fly. It is safe.. about as safe as any other place to do a flight sim.... and theres a heckuva nice bunch that hangs out there as well.

Clan_Graham
04-19-2005, 08:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Im curious.... I see this is your first post here.. how long have you had the sim and what version do you have? 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 or PF stand alone.

Hit the Sturmovik Essentials link in my sig in any case. There are a lot of good sites and all sorts of stuff there. Including Hyperlobby. Make sure you hit every link. Check out Uberdemon's software and Shft E's VAC and the QMT in particular... not to mention the DCG and/or DGEN.. and go through Airwarfare.com with a very fine toothed comb. There is so much good stuff there from Luckyboy's guide to Tully's stick set ups.... and any and everything in between.

Welcome aboard. Sign into the who we are thread on the top page of the GD forum please if you havent already. Take a look at the others who share your passion for WW2 aircraft.

Oh.. and to host through a router on HL you will need to open up the following ports:

Hyperlobby 20999-20999
Hyperlobby 1698 - 1708
Teamspeak 8767
Ventrillo 3700- 3790

In case you dont know TS and Vent are comms programs. Hyperlobby is the place to fly. It is safe.. about as safe as any other place to do a flight sim.... and theres a heckuva nice bunch that hangs out there as well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bearcat...could you please post a link for info on how I would go about opening those ports for Hyperlobby.
Thanks M8.

Devils_Knight_
04-20-2005, 04:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Im curious.... I see this is your first post here.. how long have you had the sim and what version do you have? 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 or PF stand alone. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have forgotten battles AEP 2.04, Pacific fighters 3.04 and the merged one 3.04m. I'v had them for about 3 months or so. Before that I played Combat Flight sim 3 for ages. And before that there was many other flight sims.
I have used Hyperlobby, guess I'll have to use it more. And thanks for the port numbers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Bearcat...could you please post a link for info on how I would go about opening those ports for Hyperlobby.
Thanks M8. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And Clan_Graham, to open ports you need to go to the router settings. Click here (http://192.168.0.1)
Or go to Portforward.com (http://www.portforward.com)