PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

bigsouth1981
12-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Just a few questions,............. IVE BEEN PLAYING IL2 FB FOR A GOOD FEW WEEKS AND WAS WONDERING....

1) DOES THE AIRCRAFT ALWAYS TURN SLIGHTLY TO THE RIGHT WHEN YOU LEAVE GO OF THE JOYSTICK?? ( JOYSTICK IS FULLY CALIBRATED IN WINDOWS AND GAME SETTINGS ARE DEFAULT)IS THIS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE TRIM SETTINGS AND FLIGHT CHARACTERISTICS. NB: SOME AIRCRAFT ARE WORSE THAN OTHERS IN FORGOTTEN BATTLES, IN STURMOVIK IT DOESNT SEEM TO HAPPEN AT ALL.

2) IN FB CAN YOU USE THE AMERICAN PLANES WITH AMERICAN AIRFORCE INSIGNIA AND COLOURS??

3) DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYWHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD A SPITFIRE OF ANY KIND???

REGARDS..........................., ANDY

LeadSpitter_
12-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Just a few questions,............. IVE BEEN PLAYING IL2 FB FOR A GOOD FEW WEEKS AND WAS WONDERING....

1) DOES THE AIRCRAFT ALWAYS TURN SLIGHTLY TO THE RIGHT WHEN YOU LEAVE GO OF THE JOYSTICK?? ( JOYSTICK IS FULLY CALIBRATED IN WINDOWS AND GAME SETTINGS ARE DEFAULT)IS THIS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE TRIM SETTINGS AND FLIGHT CHARACTERISTICS.

yes 109s seem to turn to the right spits and russian ac seem to turn to the left, most US aircraft seemed perfectly centered and they are the ones with adjustable trims ailerons elevator and rudder. Theres noway to get them all centered perfectly even the ac with rudder and aileron trim the clicks are to much and center ball doesnt mean the ac is really centered. Theres many broken gauges in the pits and the artificial horizon gauges are off.
They have programs for device link on www.simhq.com (http://www.simhq.com) to tell if your ac is really perfectly centered or not

NB: SOME AIRCRAFT ARE WORSE THAN OTHERS IN FORGOTTEN BATTLES, IN STURMOVIK IT DOESNT SEEM TO HAPPEN AT ALL.

it was the same in sturmovik some aircraft did not have adjustable rudder or aileron trimtabs but they were centered by ground crews

2) IN FB CAN YOU USE THE AMERICAN PLANES WITH AMERICAN AIRFORCE INSIGNIA AND COLOURS??

yes most us aircraft do not have a mat LOGO marking but its on the default skins themselves.

3) DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYWHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD A SPITFIRE OF ANY KIND???

you need to buy AEP "aces expansion pack" which includes many spitfires there are no download planes for this game like the microsoft flightsims and cfs. the only thing you can download is skins at www.il2skins.com (http://www.il2skins.com)

PF has more spitfires carrier based seafires you need to purchase all the 2 addons for FB called AEP and PF

PS I hope you buy AEP "aces expansion pack" and PF " Pacific Fightes" and join us online at hyperlobby.

bigsouth1981
12-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the advice, one thing though, if i say fly a p51 mustang in FB quick mission, i can only have it eithe russian or german colours, how can i change it to american??

Chuck_Older
12-07-2004, 07:47 PM
In the Quick Mission Builder, on the far right, there's a series of buttons. Click the one next to the lines you chose your plane on. This brings you to the customisation screen. Change skins, pilot skins, squadrons, and nationality here