PDA

View Full Version : A RPG Assassins Creed...

mancitycon
09-22-2011, 11:13 AM
i thought of it today, i dont know how ubisoft could make it but they would figure it out somehow, just an idea dont dont give out abuse if you think it 'stupid' or 'impossible' . they could make an assassins creed RPG, a bit like fallout and elder scrolls for instance, you could be walking around with your own made assassin and you do missions for people, at the same time you have side missions ect... you could level up, gain attribute points for skills, have skill trees and perks. just an idea, maybe a good one i dont know

Blind2Society
09-22-2011, 11:20 AM
It's an interesting thought. I'm not exactly sure I'd mind it. I'm a little on the fence. I guess I think AC should stay where it is and Bethesda/Obsidian should just give us another Fallout soon.

eagleforlife1
09-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I was actually thinking the same thing yesterday. I think it's a good idea.

kriegerdesgottes
09-22-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm not really into RPGs. I see games like Fallout and Mass Effect and I want to like them because they look interesting but I just can't get into it when I feel like I have to tell the story instead of being told a story. Having to pick what happens next pulls me out of the immersion so I personally hope Ubisoft never goes that route.

ZzFinzZ
10-01-2011, 01:40 PM
That would be very interesting. A leveling system, almost like AC1 when you have to regain your assassin rank, would be cool.

AssassinVulpy
10-01-2011, 01:54 PM
As a main game, no.

As a spin-off, yes an RPG would be cool. ^^

itsamea-mario
10-01-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure ubisoft are allowed to brand weapons.
As far as military conflicts go I'm fairly sure they're pretty neutral, thered be a few problems since they ship worldwide, the amercans might not approve when they find a piece of grenade shrapnel with an AC logo embedded into the side of a burned out hummer.

Blind2Society
10-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Ummm, what? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

reini03
10-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
I'm not sure ubisoft are allowed to brand weapons.
As far as military conflicts go I'm fairly sure they're pretty neutral, thered be a few problems since they ship worldwide, the amercans might not approve when they find a piece of grenade shrapnel with an AC logo embedded into the side of a burned out hummer.

Hahahah, that's hilarious http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Did you just confuse a Role Playing Game with a rocket launcher? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

itsamea-mario
10-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Yes! Precisely!
You see I'm a complete and utter moron and I had no idea what the OP was talking about!

reini03
10-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Well, I guess I didn't get your sarcasm then.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
I did. I thought it was quite obvious actually.

or were you being sarcastic too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

reini03
10-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:

or were you being sarcastic too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually not. I probably just didn't think about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Anyway, back on topic, I also think that an AC RPG could be pretty intrresting if done well. But then there'd probably a lack of story the AC series are known for...

Saqaliba
10-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I think you will find that AC:R will be more RPG than its predecessors. By the looks of the Den Defense it seems that the Recruit system is going to be on a whole other level - kinda like plotting a war. A little bit of RPG in the heat of live-action free-rome.

thekarlone
10-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by AssassinVulpy:
As a main game, no.

As a spin-off, yes an RPG would be cool. ^^

Totally agree.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Saqaliba:
I think you will find that AC:R will be more RPG than its predecessors. By the looks of the Den Defense it seems that the Recruit system is going to be on a whole other level - kinda like plotting a war. A little bit of RPG in the heat of live-action free-rome.

Den Defense looks NOTHING like an RPG. Perhaps you are thinking of Real-time Strategy or Turn-based Strategy games? Like StarCraft, WarCraft, Civilization, Total War, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, etc.

But I would compare den defense more to the Tower Defense genre, which is where you set up units (normally towers, but it can also be people or creatures that stay in the same spot the whole time) that defend against on-coming hordes of enemies. Tower defense games are frequent on casual gaming sites such as miniclip.com, onemorelevel.com, and addictinggames.com

Blind2Society
10-01-2011, 10:40 PM
But then there'd probably a lack of story the AC series are known for...
This^ which is why I said this v

Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I think AC should stay where it is and Bethesda/Obsidian should just give us another Fallout soon.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Bethesda is giving us Skyrim just around the corner, along with UbiSoft's Christmas present of Revelations.

Fallout 4 would be coming in 3 years I'd guess. 3 or 4.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 10:45 PM
3 or 4 years? I would have to cryogenically freeze myself after AC3 then.

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 10:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:

or were you being sarcastic too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually not. I probably just didn't think about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Anyway, back on topic, I also think that an AC RPG could be pretty intrresting if done well. But then there'd probably a lack of story the AC series are known for... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wait, what? Why would you think that an RPG would have LESS story? RPGs are known for being much longer than most single-player games.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm basing it off of the length of Oblivion -> Fallout 3 which then branches off to New Vegas and Skyrim.

New Vegas was developed by Obsidian, with little Bethesda involvement besides the use of materials from Fallout 3. It released close to 3 years after Fallout 3. Skyrim is releasing 4 years after Fallout 3, which released 4 years after Oblivion. This makes me thing that Bethesda is following a basic 4 year dev cycle with their own games, leaving Fallout 4 an estimate of 3-4 years until release.

I think that New Vegas was effectively made to fill the gap that Skyrim leaves, and also provide some more story and such.

I wonder where Fallout 4 will be? Same Western US, or maybe somewhere else? South-east maybe?

Animuses
10-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I was hoping for the commonwealth or maybe New York.
I do hope Obsidian and Bethesda develop it.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
I was hoping for the commonwealth or maybe New York.
I do hope Obsidian and Bethesda develop it.

I haven't finished New Vegas myself yet, but what I have played of it I love.

I heard that Obsidian's stories are pretty top-notch. I'm downloading one of their recent games, Alpha Protocol. I heard people have criticized the combat of it, but I picked it up for 2 bucks in a Sega Steam Sale. 90% off, pretty awesome :P

Animuses
10-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I faced the fact that I like New Vegas more than Fallout 3. Better story, better companions (BOONE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif), better weapons, and it's also more closely associated with the previous Fallout games (which I haven't played, but I am interested in the story).

Blind2Society
10-01-2011, 11:06 PM
I've done 2 1/2 playthroughs of new vegas and I can't wait for the next. Especially since it will be on the new engine which should clear up all the game breaking bugs. Honestly though I really hope you're wrong about the whole 3 to 4 years. As for the setting I don't really mind much, I just want a new wasteland to explore! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Animuses
10-01-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm so excited about the new engine for Fallout 4.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm wrong about the 3-4 years thing too, I'm just going based on patterns.

And I like New Vegas better also, don't think that since I have a Green Paladin instead of an Orange Ranger in my sig means I like Fallout 3 better :P

Animuses
10-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Fallout 3 doesn't have Boone, so I like New Vegas better by default.

Blind2Society
10-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I think I enjoy both of them somewhat equally. However, the Capital Wasteland felt much more explorer friendly. As for companions I only ever have one for doing their quests. Other than that I'm the lone wanderer. Sometimes I do like to have ED-E with me though, especially after LR. I'll leave it at that to avoid any spoilers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

reini03
10-02-2011, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Wait, what? Why would you think that an RPG would have LESS story? RPGs are known for being much longer than most single-player games.

True, but the AC games do have a lot more in-depth stories. RPGs usually don't.

Calvarok
10-02-2011, 03:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Wait, what? Why would you think that an RPG would have LESS story? RPGs are known for being much longer than most single-player .

True, but the AC games do have a lot more in-depth stories. RPGs usually don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's kinda not actually true. The average RPG is like Mass Effect. There is an insane amount of detail, an insane amount of character lines, and a whole lot of content. Compare Oblivion or Skyrim to any Assassin's Creed game.

The Mass Effect Wiki has 337 more pages than the Assassin's Creed Wiki, even though the Mass Effect Series only has two games released, while Assassin's Creed has 3 main games and 3 spinoffs, not to mention Project Legacy, which is a NEVERENDING stream of new lore and wiki entries. But Mass Effect still has more pages.

I'm not trying to harp on too long about this, but really, it's unusual for a good third person action adventure stealth game to have even a slightly in-depth story.

It's expected for a good RPG to have an in-depth and very long story.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Wait, what? Why would you think that an RPG would have LESS story? RPGs are known for being much longer than most single-player .

True, but the AC games do have a lot more in-depth stories. RPGs usually don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's kinda not actually true. The average RPG is like Mass Effect. There is an insane amount of detail, an insane amount of character lines, and a whole lot of content. Compare Oblivion or Skyrim to any Assassin's Creed game.

The Mass Effect Wiki has 337 more pages than the Assassin's Creed Wiki, even though the Mass Effect Series only has two games released, while Assassin's Creed has 3 main games and 3 spinoffs, not to mention Project Legacy, which is a NEVERENDING stream of new lore and wiki entries. But Mass Effect still has more pages.

I'm not trying to harp on too long about this, but really, it's unusual for a good third person action adventure stealth game to have even a slightly in-depth story.

It's expected for a good RPG to have an in-depth and very long story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Calvarok's right. RPG's are made to have a good story, because people want to play the "role" of the character they're playing.

Action adventure games only really need action and adventure (duh), so there's no real requirement for any good storyline and so it's quite rare for an action adventure game to have one.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
On note of an RPG Assassin's Creed, what about an MMO like one?

Choose a side, Assassins or Templars? :P

I wonder how that would work out..

Blind2Society
10-03-2011, 01:57 AM
AC MMO....this (http://nooooooooooooooo.com/)

LightRey
10-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Blind's got a point.