PDA

View Full Version : Aren't you overreacting?

Lass4r
12-19-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm referring to the vast amount of complaints over rather trivial things which supposedly are completely gamebreaking. In pretty much every thread there is someone who complains that the MP is complete BS and is broken and not worth playing because of this and that annoyance which completely destroys the enjoyment of the game.
This to me sounds like a vast overreaction, and a tad drama queen-y.

I'm enjoying the improvements to MP, and it remains my favorite MP. I love the new modes, and small stuff like the inconsistency of mute (it's called lag) in no way turns me away from the game. I realise these things add up, but the bugs are nowhere near gamebreaking to me. Complaints like "there are too few new maps" are much more substantial, and I can understand those. But bugs doesn't do much damage to my enjoyment of the game.

Do you agree? Or do you not enjoy MP anymore?

marq08
12-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Lass4r:
I'm referring to the vast amount of complaints over rather trivial things which supposedly are completely gamebreaking. In pretty much every thread there is someone who complains that the MP is complete BS and is broken and not worth playing because of this and that annoyance which completely destroys the enjoyment of the game.
This to me sounds like a vast overreaction, and a tad drama queen-y.

I'm enjoying the improvements to MP, and it remains my favorite MP. I love the new modes, and small stuff like the inconsistency of mute (it's called lag) in no way turns me away from the game. I realise these things add up, but the bugs are nowhere near gamebreaking to me. Complaints like "there are too few new maps" are much more substantial, and I can understand those. But bugs doesn't do much damage to my enjoyment of the game.

Do you agree? Or do you not enjoy MP anymore?

I enjoy multiplayer when I can play with my friends on the same team as them even if there are only two of us.

When they fix that I'll come re-read

Lass4r
12-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Fair enough, I can see how that puts some off. I don't know anyone who plays AC online so that is indifferent to me.

Ferrith
12-19-2011, 11:04 AM
I have no idea about the improvements, but checking both MP, AC:B and AC:R, I'd say that AC:R MP is a lot more easier. And my knowledge about AC MP ends here.

At first I had thought it would be kind of serious game-play, but when I see people dive into haystacks one after another, killing each other, I find it hilarious. I can't even take seriously my own deaths. Is it supposed to be this way? I don't know.

Lass4r
12-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Really? you don't think its murderous enough? xD Interesting to see an outsiders point of view though =)

PryingTuna85649
12-19-2011, 11:35 AM
The game is good and there have been improvements. But many people are still upset about issues in ACB never being fixed and seeing the same thing in ACR. I did notice an improvement when I started playing ACR, but there were still problems. The whispers don't work for me and the contract system has problems. I opened ports, as is Ubisoft's constant answer to connection problems, but that only made the problems immensely worse. It also gave me problems I never experienced before. So I closed the ports and everything is back as it was, for better or for worse. *shrugs* Haven't played since then, though, because I just haven't been in the mood to deal with getting frustrated.

It's not that I don't enjoy the game...I do immensely. I'm just a perfectionist with it and when screwy things happen (often or not), I get frustrated. So I've tucked it away for a bit in order to recharge my ACR batteries.

laserjock2003
12-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I don't know what it is about AC:R, but it has failed to capture my attention as AC:B did. Maybe it is just the shiny object syndrome, but not even double XP weekend was enough to lure me into the Animus.

I really want to get interested in it again, but something is just off. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is broken.

lRushdown
12-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by PryingTuna85649:
The whispers don't work for me and the contract system has problems.

I'm still convinced that whispers are totally a myth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. I've tried turning the volume up to speaker-blowing levels, turning all of the sound effects other than music down, etc and I've yet to hear a damn whisper in this game.

orangebionic
12-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Well, there are few things quite annoying, tbh, and its dissapointing that patch complitely missed them.
I think ppl should feel free to voice their frustration because of that on forum , which serves this purpose as well, but , there is so many histerical posts of ppl probably on their"men period", writing just a freaky river of crybaby-ing, that i feel many times exactly like OP.

The line between well thought negative feedback( backed by knowing the game issues), and kiddy-like scream "OMFG is brokendont buyitglitchy crap iwantmymoneyOMFG" seems to be non-existent for some ppl.

E-Zekiel
12-19-2011, 12:46 PM
I think most are overreacting, yes. But that's the "cool" thing to do on the internet.

Originally posted by PryingTuna85649:
The game is good and there have been improvements. But many people are still upset about issues in ACB never being fixed and seeing the same thing in ACR. I did notice an improvement when I started playing ACR, but there were still problems. The whispers don't work for me and the contract system has problems. I opened ports, as is Ubisoft's constant answer to connection problems, but that only made the problems immensely worse. It also gave me problems I never experienced before. So I closed the ports and everything is back as it was, for better or for worse. *shrugs* Haven't played since then, though, because I just haven't been in the mood to deal with getting frustrated.

It's not that I don't enjoy the game...I do immensely. I'm just a perfectionist with it and when screwy things happen (often or not), I get frustrated. So I've tucked it away for a bit in order to recharge my ACR batteries.

I think what causes this is connection issues with other players. Have you ever played in the same room as another player, simultaneously? Or perhaps over webcam while streaming video?

I have noticed from playing with a friend that we don't always see the same players in a match. Not that we see DIFFERENT players - but sometimes, one of us (usually him, not me) will not see some of the players, and I will. When I kill said invisible player, he sees me killing nothing. When killed by said player, he sees me go through the death animation as if I'm going insane and reacting to nothing.

Our theory is that what causes these contract errors is when the game is TRYING to give you this player that's legitimately in the match, but running into errors because *you* cannot see said player, so it cannot give you the contract for that person.

Crumplecorn
12-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Hmm, the game lags at almost AC:B DLC3 levels.

Abilities like smoke/mute are unreliable. Don't even get me started on knives.

The contract assignment system is a joke. I think it is actually worse than AC:B's.

My dude kills the wrong thing way more often than used to happen. And sometimes won't stun.

That's just off the top of my head.

End result: I quit out of 90% of sessions I play, in my endless quest to find a relatively BS-free round (and when I do it is still an awesome awesome game which is why I stick with it).

But yes, when you can't kill anything because your abilities don't work, because they magically dodge, and in the end because you don't even have a contract (or they die seconds after being assigned), yes, it is pretty gamebreaking.

Ripe Claw
12-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I'd rather the game only have 1 map and work properly. I can't understand the too few maps problem, but completely understand people's issue with less than par programming. People see things different. I also see more threads whining about how they are sick of people whining than I see threads filled with people whining. In conclusion, these threads that just point out that people whine (we all know that) are less constructive than people pointing out bugs/flaws. At least those threads let the people that make the game know that there is potentially something to fix in the game. These threads are asking the programmers to fix people. That is slightly out of their hands.

Lass4r
12-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:

The contract assignment system is a joke. I think it is actually worse than AC:B's.

My dude kills the wrong thing way more often than used to happen. And sometimes won't stun.

End result: I quit out of 90% of sessions I play, in my endless quest to find a relatively BS-free round (and when I do it is still an awesome awesome game which is why I stick with it).

But yes, when you can't kill anything because your abilities don't work, because they magically dodge, and in the end because you don't even have a contract (or they die seconds after being assigned), yes, it is pretty gamebreaking.
I don't think I've had anything near as much trouble as you then. My mutes and smokes work 90% of the time. What is the problem with knives?

Originally posted by Ripe.Claw:
I'd rather the game only have 1 map and work properly. I can't understand the too few maps problem, but completely understand people's issue with less than par programming. People see things different. I also see more threads whining about how they are sick of people whining than I see threads filled with people whining. In conclusion, these threads that just point out that people whine (we all know that) are less constructive than people pointing out bugs/flaws. At least those threads let the people that make the game know that there is potentially something to fix in the game. These threads are asking the programmers to fix people. That is slightly out of their hands. I haven't really seen much positive threads as all... must have missed them. I agree though that a working game is far more important than many maps, but as far as I'm concerned the game is working fine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif But it's clear many have different views.

Collinwood01
12-19-2011, 05:43 PM
If youre not having any real problems then you are one of the lucky few. I would say this to that effect, If youre playing and doing well and your seeing the other team doing odd things like killing or stunning an NPC or jumping somewhere where you would be like "What was he thinking?"(I could go on and on) then they are probably having the problems that you are not having. Im not knocking your skill or theirs Im just saying this MP will do some off the wall stuff! I sit in amazement of the things my persona does and say "Thats not what I wanted to do at all!" or "Why would I want to do that?"(like the game has a brain and can answer.) Anyway, I dont think people are overreacting. I think you are one of the lucky ones, so enjoy it.

Lass4r
12-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Collinwood01:
If youre not having any real problems then you are one of the lucky few. I would say this to that effect, If youre playing and doing well and your seeing the other team doing odd things like killing or stunning an NPC or jumping somewhere where you would be like "What was he thinking?"(I could go on and on) then they are probably having the problems that you are not having. Im not knocking your skill or theirs Im just saying this MP will do some off the wall stuff! I sit in amazement of the things my persona does and say "Thats not what I wanted to do at all!" or "Why would I want to do that?"(like the game has a brain and can answer.) Anyway, I dont think people are overreacting. I think you are one of the lucky ones, so enjoy it.
Well, it's not that I don't have issues, an ability that used to work fine often fails me, and I see people jumping all over the place occasionally. Just now I played a game where everyone was just standing still and the round was broken so I had to quit and find a new one. But I don't think it annoys me as much as others. Having said that, I OFTEN rage at the game, but I see BS in most games I play so it doesn't really make a huge difference.

I can't know how bad others have it though, of course. But at the moment I see no reason to shout at Ubi for screwing us over and just sitting on their asses all day not taking time to test their game. I feel like most of the issues are lag based and the ones that aren't are tolerable.

Collinwood01
12-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Thats what it comes down to is tolerance. Some expect more from the game than others. Im sure its hard to find a happy medium. I would just like to see things that are put into the game and I think, are supposed to work a certain way, work the way they are supposed to. I could be wrong, no doubt! I could be jealous. Absolutely. I want to be able to do what others can do. Like, stop me with a smoke bomb. I wish I could stop someone with a smoke bomb. When It works, I get so excited, I almost forget what button to push next! lol

obliviondoll
12-19-2011, 06:16 PM
I realise these things add up
For some people, the small things add up enough to be game-breaking.

And a lot of comments focusing on one particular small issue aren't doing so because that's the only problem, but because that problem pushed them over the edge.

Crumplecorn
12-19-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't think I've had anything near as much trouble as you then. My mutes and smokes work 90% of the time. What is the problem with knives? Even more sensitive than mute, so any lag at all breaks them. As awesome as they are now, I'm thinking of switching them out for mute or charge, because it's a pure dice roll whether you'll survive using them on a pursuer.

deadly_thought
12-19-2011, 07:56 PM
short answer no

metalgearso1971
12-20-2011, 04:01 AM
I am one of the few (I think) who actually prefers ACR over ACB. That's for personal reasons I won't be sharing here though. Let me just share that ACR is a tad easier for me, and therefore I enjoy it more.

What I actually dislike about ACR is the horrendous aiming system. I AM pointing at my target but still an NPC is locked.

Lag is horrendous too at times, especially when for me I threw my smoke on time but the guy still kills me.

It's also weird I sometimes can't select any persona when I join a lobby, and have to shut down the game completely to be able to play again. This btw is happening since I purchased the Ancestors Pack.

But besides those bugs and issues, I really enjoy the game. I just hope the patch will fix some (to be honest, all of them) of the issues.

Dellers
12-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by metalgearso1971:What I actually dislike about ACR is the horrendous aiming system. I AM pointing at my target but still an NPC is locked.

Lag is horrendous too at times, especially when for me I threw my smoke on time but the guy still kills me.
Aiming, yeah. I'm aiming at an enemy, but since there's a haystack 10 meters to the right that's what I'm locking. 3...2..1...RIP Dellers. At least 50% of the times I'm trying to do ANYTHING in this game, the game thinks I'm doing something else. Like walking with a crowd, and my character jumps into a haystack and eveyone knows who I am. F*ck that!

Lag is just like in Call Of Duty, in that some players lag. You just cannot do anything against them, because they have this fantastic one way lag of up to a few seconds at times. Like it takes 30 milliseconds for them to get the info from you, and it takes 0,5 to several seconds for them to send it to you.

Also, for me the fact that the available abilities until level 20 sucks is almost game breaking. No matter what I do, the level 50's can counter it. Basically they can always use a smoke bomb, and unless they're sleeping I cannot kill them whatsoever. Getting close (no matter who's walking into who) --> Smoke bomb. From a distance --> thrown smoke bomb. If using the knives: still smoke bomb. Tripwire: smoke bomb. Hopefully I will get to 20 in a couple of days, ranking up just takes insanely much time against all these guys with good abilities + they get 2x the points for similar kills.

Worst thing: "Waiting for player selection" (or sometimes "waiting for rematch"). 4/5 games I try joining won't get any further. Annoying. Never had ANY trouble joining or finding matches in Brotherhood.

BeCk41
12-20-2011, 07:43 AM
three words: haterz gonna hate
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0025.gif

metalgearso1971
12-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Beck41: Who is hating here?

TheMute88ORL
12-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Great game; needs work. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

rocketxsurgeon
12-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:

Completely agree here.
Everything listed is pretty much what i have an issue with.

I'd like to ask what the OP consideres small or minor issues.

The lag isn't a minor issue in the slightest, neither is the flawed party system.

luckyto
12-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by BeCk41:
three words: haterz gonna hate
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0025.gif

yep

the games fun. everything needs improvement, but it is fun

PryingTuna85649
12-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I think most are overreacting, yes. But that's the "cool" thing to do on the internet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PryingTuna85649:

I think what causes this is connection issues with other players. Have you ever played in the same room as another player, simultaneously? Or perhaps over webcam while streaming video?

I have noticed from playing with a friend that we don't always see the same players in a match. Not that we see DIFFERENT players - but sometimes, one of us (usually him, not me) will not see some of the players, and I will. When I kill said invisible player, he sees me killing nothing. When killed by said player, he sees me go through the death animation as if I'm going insane and reacting to nothing.

Our theory is that what causes these contract errors is when the game is TRYING to give you this player that's legitimately in the match, but running into errors because *you* cannot see said player, so it cannot give you the contract for that person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've played with friends, but I've never had the experience of me seeing another player and a friend not. I've really only played in a party with friends in ACR once, but did it all the time in ACB...never experienced an invisible player before. I have had friends say that I appeared to be skating, though that happened only once with my regular group. Happened a few times when in matches with Rainin, but I think he's on the opposite coast as me (don't know how much location has an effect on connection, but it seems like it could).

I do know, though, that when I've been in Deathmatch before, I've seen every player in the match. Like in Rome in the last minute, EVERYONE is having a massacre by the fountain. I don't tend to see invisible players...and this is with my NAT being orange. With the ports opened, NAT was green, and I saw more skating around. Prolly would've had invisible players eventually if I left them open longer. *shrugs*