PDA

View Full Version : In the furtherance of historical accuracy

Daiichidoku
08-23-2006, 08:50 PM
please, Oleg, model into all other types in game, the "190 fuel leak bug" and "38 compressability"

faustnik
08-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Daiichidoku:

190 fuel leak bug

I consider it an "oil leak", so, it's all good for realism. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pirschjaeger
08-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Fuel leaks bug me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Fritz

ImpStarDuece
08-23-2006, 10:05 PM
please, Oleg, model into all other types in game, the "190 fuel leak bug" and "38 compressability"

The Mossie already has the "190 fuel leak bug". Get a 190 behind you and watch your fuel leak!

Seriously though, I can get a fuel leak in the FB Mk VI and watch the fuel needles TICK down from full to empty in less than 2 minutes.

Daiichidoku
08-23-2006, 10:25 PM
yes, i know..i also know the "bug" is contagious, was only in the 190 initially, but after a (or some) patches, it spread to the 205 Veltro, F4Us, P 38s, P 47s....

AFAIK, it does not effect spits, japanese....or...russian planes

Frequent_Flyer
08-23-2006, 11:03 PM
yes, i know..i also know the "bug" is contagious, was only in the 190 initially, but after a (or some) patches, it spread to the 205 Veltro, F4Us, P 38s, P 47s....

AFAIK, it does not effect spits, japanese....or...russian planes Don't leave out the P-39

The-Pizza-Man
08-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daiichidoku:

The Mossie already has the "190 fuel leak bug". Get a 190 behind you and watch your fuel leak!

Seriously though, I can get a fuel leak in the FB Mk VI and watch the fuel needles TICK down from full to empty in less than 2 minutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are multiple fuel cells modelled damage wise? So a leak in one will only drain the fuel that was in that tank.

F19_Olli72
08-24-2006, 06:18 AM

AFAIK, it does not effect spits, japanese....or...russian planes

Yes it does, at least japanese. Recently i was shot up in a Zero on Zekes and i could literally see the fuel gauges tick down very quickly. Didnt even last a minute. Granted, the Zero didnt have fueltank protection but since you stated it doesnt exist in japanese planes...

Happens in Betty as well. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Charos
08-24-2006, 06:48 AM
AFAIK, it does not effect spits,

The Spitfires atomic pile is not cooled via a water jacket like in earlier prototypes.
Production models are ram cooled from the atmosphere - the higher the speed the cooler the core temperature.

The http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif made me do it.

BiscuitKnight
08-24-2006, 06:55 AM
What's this bug?

Gitano1979
08-24-2006, 07:37 AM
P-38 compressibilty in high speed dive was a real problem, so dive breaks were added in P-38L... so it's not a bug.

LEBillfish
08-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Actually I'm not sure of what "fuel leak bug" you speak of, yet most planes in the sim I'd assume including the Japanese had multiple fuel cells. Though it is possible on some planes that they were all interconnected and not fused, in the case of Japanese planes (and again assume it was the same for all) you had to manually switch from one tank to the next. In fact, that switching from tank to tank was one of the initial flaws in the real Ki-61 as the switch would malfunction and not switch to another tank......and 300 miles out to sea that is a bad thing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

So I'd guess just about all planes even WITHOUT leak sealing technology (IJN planes, IJA had self sealing tanks)....Only the cell hit should empty, the rest fine...........

Now granted that makes for some difficulties in realism in that we don't have switchable tanks, so in reality if hit say in one wing the plane full it should be severely out of balance. In kind it would take determining all the NUMEROUS capacities each plane had, as evolution and specials made for quite a few variations.

The easiest way? A simple percentage evenly distributed over the number of tanks. Naturally there is always the final fuel line as well which feeds the engine and would drain it all, yet that issue easy, it being an instant engine killer in that it is likely the engine would be starved.

That the bug?

berg417448
08-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Gitano1979:
P-38 compressibilty in high speed dive was a real problem, so dive breaks were added in P-38L... so it's not a bug.

Not at lower altitudes. This has been discussed and well documented on these boards before.

In fact...P-38's were used as dive bombers successfully as long as the dive didn't begin above 20,000 feet:

http://p-38online.com/exp.html

Gitano1979
08-24-2006, 08:55 AM
nice link, thx berg!

more accurate infos are always welcome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Daiichidoku
08-24-2006, 09:34 AM
to clarify, the fuel leak bug started when, after a patch that corrected a tendency for the 190 to catch fire easier than a doob at a rasta party, it was found that indeed, the 190 was not a flying zippo anymore
however, even slight hits from rifle-caliber weapons would sometimes (all too often) produce a thin, wispy black/grey smoke from anywhere along the fuselage, although usually in the engine, and sometimes the cockpit area...followed by, after about 1 or 2 minutes, or less, a complete voiding of its fuel tanks, even when full from take off only 5 minutes previously
this is not to be confused with the regular "fuel leak", of streaming white mist, as one would expect

no other plane in FB did this, until later, after another patch, now it is on several planes

maybe its not so much a "bug" as it is a "feature", to go with "super rolls" "200m radius lethal a.c. explosions" et al

F6_Ace
08-24-2006, 12:47 PM
I think it was discovered that the 190 was doing too well on the WC stats table so [another] Achilles' heel was introduced.

I've had the fuel leak bug in the other planes listed also. Don't expect it to be fixed, though.

BiscuitKnight
08-25-2006, 01:41 AM
to clarify, the fuel leak bug started when, after a patch that corrected a tendency for the 190 to catch fire easier than a doob at a rasta party, it was found that indeed, the 190 was not a flying zippo anymore
however, even slight hits from rifle-caliber weapons would sometimes (all too often) produce a thin, wispy black/grey smoke from anywhere along the fuselage, although usually in the engine, and sometimes the cockpit area...followed by, after about 1 or 2 minutes, or less, a complete voiding of its fuel tanks, even when full from take off only 5 minutes previously
this is not to be confused with the regular "fuel leak", of streaming white mist, as one would expect

no other plane in FB did this, until later, after another patch, now it is on several planes

maybe its not so much a "bug" as it is a "feature", to go with "super rolls" "200m radius lethal a.c. explosions" et al

Thanks, I've heard of this bug a few times since coming here, couldn't understand it. Now I do.