PDA

View Full Version : Plantronics Audio 90

BaldieJr
11-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Headphones aren't the most comfortable, but the microphone is top notch. I recomend this thing for sure. Testing the in-game comms, the mic sounds exceptional. In TS2 its clear as crystal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I almost bought the Altec Lansing AHS-502 because of the headphones (they look very comfortable), but the passive noise cancelling mic killed it for me. Anyone got one? How does the mic perform?

RedSpar
11-20-2004, 10:43 AM
I have a set of Altec Lansing AHS-502's

The mic works great - better than any I have used before in a headset. Audio quality is also superb, especially in the bass range. My only gripe is the headphone are tight. There is almost too much pressure on the headstrap that pushes the headphones together, so after awhile your head can get a little uncomfortable.

I have only had them 2 weeks, so maybe I just need to break them in more.

Bikewer
11-20-2004, 11:31 AM
I've been using a Plantronics DSP-500 for about a year for almost all my gaming. Thing comes with a built-in sound card of sorts, and the sound (and the microphone) are great. Very directional too, which is a huge help in WWII online, as you can hear which way that enemy armor is coming.

Snakeyes2050
11-21-2004, 04:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BaldieJr:
Headphones aren't the most comfortable, but the microphone is top notch. I recomend this thing for sure. Testing the in-game comms, the mic sounds exceptional. In TS2 its clear as crystal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
[snip]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Audio 90 works great for me. As you say, very clear comms on TS2 and the sound is good too. When I got my new PC, I bought another set for it. You can't go wrong for the price.

PF_Coastie
11-21-2004, 07:56 AM
I have the AL AHS-502's and I love it. The mic has incredible quality sound. The headset is also very good for a $35 headset. I agree with above poster that it is a bit snug at first. But a little extra bending on the upper head strap will fix that.

I think these are so much more comfy than the typical round foam earpieces. They use to make my ears raw after a while. These I could wear all night!

Paul_K
11-21-2004, 10:57 AM
By coincidence I bought a Plantronic Audio 90 headset yesterday, prior to seeing this thread. Reasonably priced, very comfortable, inline volume control and microphone mute button and most importantly, excellent for listening to music with. One of the best PC-related buys I've made. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Targ
11-21-2004, 01:18 PM
I used the Audio 90's for a long time and they are great headsets. However the mic tends to go bad after a while and after three pair I bought a pair of SENNHEISER PC150's. Much better than the audio 90's and can be found for $40 dollars on the net. I would avoid the PC155 USB though, great headset but they are the same as the PC150's and the only difference is the price and the USB.

BaldieJr
11-21-2004, 01:25 PM
SENNHEISER PC150 looks to be exactly the headset I was looking for. I wish I had asked before making a purchase.

Oh well. I'll get a pair of those next year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Targ
11-21-2004, 01:30 PM
The Audio 90's are still a great set of headphones. Just be really careful with that cord!

fordfan25
11-21-2004, 02:44 PM
what a small world hu? i just got a pair a few days ago for hl2. first set of Hphones iv ever used. got them for 20 bucks and was not expecting anything great from them. to my suprise thay sound almost as good as my 80 doller set of logitch speakers. the only problem i have with them is thay tend to make my ears hot after an hour or so. the base is suprisingl good and the mid and highs are very clean at all but the very highst volumes. like i said i bought them for HalfLife2 but have comp-letly switched to them for PF. makes a big deffernce in sound, man when you get hit from behind by enemey shots and the volume is up high it will dang sure make you jump. my corsair has never sounded better lol. the only real grip i have with them and this might extend to all headphones is some times its hard to tell were a sound is comeing from compaired to even my 3 piece speaker set. i started to get the counter strike versions but couldnt see spending 60 bucks on them.