PDA

View Full Version : Avatar PC, Graphical glitches at startup

Ascention
02-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Hello everyone,

I was after the movie really excited to start playing the game, bought it and installed, no problems with errors or dlls untill I got to the starting screen... MASSIVE graphical glitching all over the screen, lines and colors of all sorts.. I have been trying to find solution via google but it seems Im the only one with the problem.. any ideas?

Some basic system info:
(tried it with all patches, no effect, reinstalling no effect)

Windows 7 64 bit
Ati radeon x1950xt 256mb direct x9
6gb ddr2

This is first time I got this problem.. Other new games work fine, so no idea whats wrong (I tried changing all settings ingame to lowest possible, no change)

Help would be great!

FoRTiFiedMinD
02-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Hey Asention. I believe that your problem could be your Direct X. You've got 9 and all of the new games out now are atleast 10. Most of the really really new ones are out with 11 now. So update your Direct X and if your card isn't compatible with that, then it sounds like you need an upgrade dude. Sorry. Best of luck to you.
Fortifiedmind

HODriver2010
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Actually, Windows 7 x64 comes with DirectX 11, so DirectX 9 at least must be downloaded and installed manually.

His video card is optimized for Shader Model 3.0 and DirectX 9c.

"AMD’s DirectX 9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7. Please be aware that none of the new Windows 7 graphics driver (WDDM 1.1) features are supported (as the Windows Vista level graphics driver is limited to WDDM 1.0 level support)." - Official ATI Driver's Page

It sounds as if there could be a conflict between the graphics calls in the game, and the graphics drivers for windows 7 x64. In this case, I would have to recommend updating your video car to a minimum of DirectX 10, if not one of the new DirectX 11 5000 series cards. Without knowing more about your system and what the primary uses are, or your budget, that's all the advice I can give.

The game runs with OK performance for me with my archaic HD 2600XT PCIe based card though.

Insomneac
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
He shouldn't have to update his video card.

His card is supported by the game.

dave120358
02-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Hi
I'm having the same problem with the set up/options screen. I have managed to start playing the game and it runs fine but there is a similar problem when radar is activated using the 'tab' key...that's also really blocky/pixelated and unviewable.

I have directx 9.0c with asus 1600x graphics card.