PDA

View Full Version : Have a little faith.

RedTerex
03-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Ok guys, so there are some bugs, game crashes and other glitches.
SH3 is a highly technical game, with bang on graphics and emersive gameplay all run in the back gorund by millions of little program signals, codecs, scripting etc etc...the more complicted something is...the more likely it will break !!

'BUT' and 'So' and other linking words....Please have a little faith, SH3 is brand new, just released and a few parches are required..we have already had one patch that fixed a lot of things..give the devteam chance, they have not all packed up and gone home.

They read these forums and collate our complaints, problems, bug issues and all.

Be convinced NOW that SH3 WILL be fixed to the origianl idea of 100% super gameplay for your total enjoyment.

The Devs WILL NOT let you down.
I can feel it in me ocean, sea er...water...yes thats it in me water !

chin chin !

Monkeywho
03-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Dear RedTerex,

I totally agree with you.

Right now I feel that there are some bugs in the game and then some improvements that also need to be made. Problem is sometimes I can not quite sure what is a bug and what is an improvement. Example being: Torpedo Tube Open / Closed option, but no sound effect, or effect at all being seen in manually setting tube open / closed.

Therefore a couple of questions Red.
1.) Is there one list / place for a BUG list? That is problems that one finds with the the game that is really a bug. i.e. as when some of my men didn't change into raincoats during the storm. (Only happened once), or my Sonar station Port Eng. Telegraph meter being screw. Showing Full back, when I am actually going 1/2, or 3/4 back when forward standard.

2.) Is there a place to post an improvement list for the Dev team?

Such as: Interior periscopes actually being down when not up. . manual rigging for lights. The UZO in 3d display being at 180' if I have been viewing it at 180. . and other such things. Lots of small things that I won't list here.

I figured it would help the DEV team if we have one place to post BUGS or serious mistakes / problems with the games right now affecting major gameplay and improvements that are minor, but would seriously help improve overall enjoyment / immersion with the game.

Let me know what you suggest. Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Devs have done a great job so far! We need to give them time to get all this user feedback and apply it to making a few patches and, I hope, an eventual awesome add-on with wolfpacks and fully modeled interior sub! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Darnitz
03-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Faith? This is Ubisoft, not some competent game developer that gives a **** about customers. For Pete's sake EA has better customer support!

RedTerex
03-24-2005, 08:59 PM
In answer to your queeries.

1. A lot of problems are being posted in the Community help section.
The Devs read this section as well !
To get your men into oilskins in a storm simply re-select them from the F7 window ie put new men in the bridge by manualy dropping them in, they will then ALL be wearing oilskins ie wet weather gear..if its wet n windy of course !

Not familiar with the telegraph fault, having never seen or heard of it,hope I never will too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif so I wont comment.

2. again the community help is where a lot of questions arrising from bugs etc are being posted.

"Interior scopes down when not up ??"
not sure about this one...
there are 2 scope if thats what you mean
one via F3 the other via 'o' on your keyboard !

I think its only common sense that most of our issues with SH3 WILL be addressed by the development team in the future.

hauitsme
03-24-2005, 10:08 PM
I know there are bugs, glitches, etc, in a new game. That's to be expected. Not this many. Not the seriousness of some.
What's this announcement of SH4, when SH3 isn't even done yet? Where are all the things the Devs SAID were in the game MONTHS ago? You & me, along with dozens of others here, were here then. I've never liked being lied to, and never ever will. If they weren't lies, what would you call them? Remember the 'Daily Questions' thread? Very few 'unknown at the time' questions were answered, and they were vague answers at best when they did reply, or they answered previously answered questions.

Faith? I used to have it. How can I get it back? I DO WANT IT AGAIN!

I want this 'GAME' to be what it was being billed as. No, wait. I want this to be the 'SIM' it was being billed as. But so far, it's only a public Beta everyone had to pay to test.

RedTerex
03-24-2005, 10:25 PM
I dont agree that we are beta testing SH3.

I will agree that a lot of bugs have come to light that have obviously been missed.

I tend to think now Hauitsme that we have a lot of these problems because of the restructuring that went on for the dynamic campaign, the inclusion of seagulls ( nice touch and I do like it but..er...yeah well !), sub pens, detailed harbours and loads of other stuff.

It seams the focus was taken away from a lot of issues to add all of this.

I dont feel lied to but I do feel that a misrepresentaion of some things we were promised has materialsed quite unfavourably with a lot of people..me included.

So all we can do is voice our complaints, but also to have faith that these complaints will be heard and rectified.

Frederf220
03-24-2005, 11:13 PM
"This is Ubisoft, not some competent game developer that gives a **** about customers."

UBI are not the game developer, they are the producers.