PDA

View Full Version : AC2 graphics.

sanjose_911
03-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Iam just in the middle of Ac2 pc version and I wonder If its me but the graphics of Ac1 were so photo realistic at times that I finished the game 3 times without being able to stare at the realism, it was along with Crysis the best game graphicwise. However Ac2 is a big dissapointment for me, not storywise but graphically. I dont know how to explain it but the desing style is completely different from the first one and now I just dont have the feeling of realism anymore, it looks kind of, ehm, cartoony. Especially Venice. Also the buildings in the distance have blurry textures, which wasnt tha case of the AC. Storywise is the game obviously a big improvement. Only the graphics bothers me.

El_Sjietah
03-29-2010, 01:49 PM
It's not Ubi's fault the people back then were fond of silly outfits in bright colours.

monkeyuncle8
03-29-2010, 04:05 PM
well it may be the lack of shaders you are seeing, because in AC1 there were so many they didn't even bother to retexture a building they just used a different color shader. And I think the people look a little cartoony also, especially in the eyes

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
well it may be the lack of shaders you are seeing, because in AC1 there were so many they didn't even bother to retexture a building they just used a different color shader. And I think the people look a little cartoony also, especially in the eyes

considering games like mass effect,the people mesh`s are awful in AC,they really show up in the present day desmond scenes.
worthy of 1990 at best.

ps..buildings are superb,reflections etc,again superb,characters and the floor tiles are truly awful and repetitive.
bloody same broken pots everywhere http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Heelflip
03-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Is anybody getting planar surfaces where shadows look pixelated? When you watch from above people enter the "pixelated planar surface", you can see the exact line where shadows change from not-so-blurry so-so precise to blurry pixelated shadows.
This is visible if you go to the top of that building where you landed with flying machine in Venice and look down on the side of the sea, the line is near the bridge at the left. Just wait for some citizens to walk by under you and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Or maybe it's only me that's experiencing this thing. It doesn't seem like a graphics issue though, just some weird programming of where shadows look more precise and where less.

Atkamon
03-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Heelflip:
Is anybody getting planar surfaces where shadows look pixelated? When you watch from above people enter the "pixelated planar surface", you can see the exact line where shadows change from not-so-blurry so-so precise to blurry pixelated shadows.
This is visible if you go to the top of that building where you landed with flying machine in Venice and look down on the side of the sea, the line is near the bridge at the left. Just wait for some citizens to walk by under you and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Or maybe it's only me that's experiencing this thing. It doesn't seem like a graphics issue though, just some weird programming of where shadows look more precise and where less.

It's not just you, everyone can see that... Basically there is a "circle" around Ezio in which textures and shadows and graphics are the best. On the outside of the circle everything is less detailed, shadows, building textures, people, everything. This is to increase performance, because if it would render everything in full detail, the game would be very slow... The problem is, that this "circle" is kinda small, and you can clearly see the difference between the high and low quality areas...