PDA

View Full Version : ***SPOILERS???*** 2012 Artifacts

TheSpectator
12-02-2010, 03:36 AM
As some of you may know when you leave the animus and explore Monterigioni their are 5 artifacts (medici cape, feather chest etc) that you can collect and are displayed on a shelf inside the sanctuary. Other than an achievement for getting the first artifact their does not seem to be any purpose,reward or motivation of any kind to collect the remaining artifacts.

So I was wondering if any of you guys know what these artifacts are for because if i know these devs (and after 3 games I'd think i'd have some clue) they wouldn't just put them in for nothing.

zalitzo
12-02-2010, 03:45 AM
i think there just there not just for the trophy but to give somthing to do instead of just running around with desmond in 2012

Sparty2020
12-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by zalitzo:
i think there just there not just for the trophy but to give somthing to do instead of just running around with desmond in 2012 This. Unfortunately this is the first useless thing the devs have added to the game. Aside from a sense of satisfaction and nostalgia they serve no actual purpose and aren't even viewable after the ending.

TheSpectator
12-02-2010, 04:01 AM
It just seems really out of character for the devs to do this, too out of character..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Redfeather1975
12-02-2010, 04:15 AM
I think the person who put the flags in AC1, snuck these artifacts in.
They are evil.
I spent forever looking for that book!
Hoping once the set was complete, that Desmond would rise into the air and become an angel. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

obliviondoll
12-02-2010, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Redfeather1975:
I think the person who put the flags in AC1, snuck these artifacts in.
Nah, the AC1 flags were Patrice, he's not with them any more.

And he was doing it to make a point to gamers, which is a legitimate one - collection quests don't HAVE to give you anything on completion. The developers can easily say the collection itself is all the reward you should need.

Possible they're doing a less annoying version of the same statement this time round, but more as a "reminder" than AC1's harsh lesson.

I still haven't got all those flags, by the way. Am still playing, and occasionally still finding one or two.