PDA

View Full Version : Support for Laptop Cards (ATI X1400)

mrbadexampl1977
07-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Is there any chance that with the release of 1946, probably the last in the IL-2 series, we will get some support for laptop cards? I have a 1.86 Core duo with 2GB RAM and the ATIX1400 - plenty powerful enough to run the game and yet I still see lagging and time skips when I play. I have a desktop with a 128 MB card (AGP) and this NEVER happens. Anyone think there is a chance this will be resolved ?

mrbadexampl1977
07-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Is there any chance that with the release of 1946, probably the last in the IL-2 series, we will get some support for laptop cards? I have a 1.86 Core duo with 2GB RAM and the ATIX1400 - plenty powerful enough to run the game and yet I still see lagging and time skips when I play. I have a desktop with a 128 MB card (AGP) and this NEVER happens. Anyone think there is a chance this will be resolved ?

VW-IceFire
07-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Sounds more like a configuration issue than a support issue. The X1400 looks to support all of the features that it needs to support for it to work with IL-2 but its not terribly powerful so you may want to think about tweaking some settings. Turn off anti-aliasing, turn down the game settings...stay away from Perfect mode...see what impact that has on performance.

You may also want to check and make sure you're running updated drivers as drivers can be the lynchpin between acceptable framerates and terrible performance.

Also keep in mind that CPU performance is just as important and if you've for whatever reason forced your laptop into a battery saving mode then the CPU will not be at full tilt and won't give you acceptable frame rates. The IL-2 series is almost equally heavy in CPU and GPU requirements.

mrbadexampl1977
07-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks - will take your advice but the only thing I haven't tried in your list is turning off anti-aliasing. If anybody knows whether OPEN GL or DirectX is better for this graphics card that would be great.