PDA

View Full Version : New Stuntman Game Coming Out!

DriverKid
08-20-2007, 07:34 PM
I just saw the advertisment on TV. Looks like it'll be a sweet game! I'm gonna get it when it comes out.

driver_madness
08-21-2007, 04:08 AM
I'm starting the game is turning more arcadish.
and unrealistic, it still looks good. But not as realistic as reflections would do it.

InsaneDriver06
08-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Stuntman Ignition, much like the first Stuntman, is a very restrictive game, where you're constantly being told where to drive, how to drive, how fast to drive, and if you don't get it right, you get penalized for it. Not my idea of a fun driving game, though I hear there's improvements in the difficulty level compared to the first game.

I prefer either open map driving or track racing.

InsaneDriver06
02-22-2008, 12:50 PM
According to the latest March 2008 issue of Game Informer, Stuntman Ignition didn't sell too well, so it's publisher, THQ, decided to cut it from their roster, no more Stuntman from THQ. Same thing happened to that game with the alien attacking earth, forget the name of it.

And the HDDVD (Toshiba) versus Sony's Blu Ray War has ended after Warner Brothers pulled support from HDDVD for Blu Ray. They offer close to 30 percent of all DVD's on the market, so Toshiba decided to pull the plug on HDDVD before losing anymore money.

I'm not interested in either format, but I'm glad a winner has emerged so they can see about lower prices in the next five years before I would even consider it, but it MUST play regular DVD's for me to buy it and the price has to be that of a regular DVD, not 29.99 as it is now.

kalle90
02-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:
According to the latest March 2008 issue of Game Informer, Stuntman Ignition didn't sell too well, so it's publisher, THQ, decided to cut it from their roster, no more Stuntman from THQ. Same thing happened to that game with the alien attacking earth, forget the name of it.

Destroy all humans http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif It was great but I wasn't excited about 2nd one. Like I never was excited about Stuntman

Somehow it's sad we ended up in one format domination again, but Blu Ray clearly was better in every way. HDDVD was just hanging in. I just don't hope I have to buy all DVD's again. Like Simpson case says "You might be able to complete you Simpsons DVD collection just before next format comes out"

I instantly got disturbed when I read it.

DriverKid
02-24-2008, 09:39 PM
I played the Stuntman: Ignition demo on Xbox Live, not actually that fun. The stunts are nearly impossible, and you need to do the stunts multiple times to actually beat them without doing crappily. The "On Ice" stunt is impossible, as it's too icey, and the drift turns are impossible to do in the right place. It took me many times to pull off the "Aftershock" stunts, and they were unrealistic. When the firetruck gets hit by a piece of volcanic rock, your driver doesn't even care, and he's the fire chief! Overall I give it a 4/10. A good idea for a new game, but the game is overall too hard, and needs an improvement on the actual movies themselves, and maybe even a way to watch them.

InsaneDriver06
02-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah, the Stuntman series was a good idea held back by closed environments. Should've offered a game with stunts in an open world, rather than just a movie set all the time.

I was rooting for HDDVD, but Blu Ray's blue case does look better than marroon IMO, but HDDVD's price was better from what I saw. Toshiba is now out probably a billion dollars... I saw one bookstore Borders already cleared out their shelf space for HDDVD. Completely empty. I wouldn't want to be a consumer who just bought an HDDVD player.

FutureVenturer
02-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Why is it that, in terms of everything Sony, including both the PS3 & Blu-ray, those supporting the 360 (or the 360 & Wii) can't admit that atleast Blu-Ray is unique. Blu-ray was here before HD-DVD. As far as I'm concerned, Toshiba copied Sony, but failed miserably. Sony deserves to win. Microsoft will now have to decide whether there should be a HD-DVD player inside the future 360s, or, more likely, a Blu-Ray player for the 360 to help the 360 drive more in its own units. And because the PS3 will last for 10 years, which is probably a lifespan longer than the Wii & 360, it'll win the 7th generation. I'm not saying this because I hate the 360 (I'll be getting one for my birthday, which is coming up on the 28th), but I just can tell this by how the strategy of all three companies are, at this point.

Other than that, Stuntman is a very linear and hardly ever unique nor innovative approach to games. As a result, it failed to deliver. And there will be no more sequels coming for it. What a foolish idea it was for Reflections to take up such an idea. It didn't even prove enough to help D3. From learning this, I hope that Reflections will never stray from its main franchise (whatever that ends up being throughout its entire existence).

PennySillin
02-26-2008, 05:20 PM
I heard that announcement the other day about Blu Ray winning. How do they figure, isn't PS3 lagging way behind the other consoles. And other blu ray players are $1000, yikes. I guess movie sales are what did it then...?

InsaneDriver06
02-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by FutureVenturer:
Why is it that, in terms of everything Sony, including both the PS3 & Blu-ray, those supporting the 360 (or the 360 & Wii) can't admit that atleast Blu-Ray is unique. Blu-ray was here before HD-DVD. As far as I'm concerned, Toshiba copied Sony, but failed miserably. Sony deserves to win. Microsoft will now have to decide whether there should be a HD-DVD player inside the future 360s, or, more likely, a Blu-Ray player for the 360 to help the 360 drive more in its own units. And because the PS3 will last for 10 years, which is probably a lifespan longer than the Wii & 360, it'll win the 7th generation. I'm not saying this because I hate the 360 (I'll be getting one for my birthday, which is coming up on the 28th), but I just can tell this by how the strategy of all three companies are, at this point.

Other than that, Stuntman is a very linear and hardly ever unique nor innovative approach to games. As a result, it failed to deliver. And there will be no more sequels coming for it. What a foolish idea it was for Reflections to take up such an idea. It didn't even prove enough to help D3. From learning this, I hope that Reflections will never stray from its main franchise (whatever that ends up being throughout its entire existence).

Have a nice Bday.

Yeah, Stuntman was a neat idea poorly executed with frustrating, highly restrictive gameplay that isn't much fun. Unless it becomes an open world game, I'll never consider the Stuntman games worth much playtime.

Actually, Microsoft hasn't packaged ANY HDDVD player with the console yet, it's a separate unit that sells for under 200 bucks. They also said they're willing to support Blu Ray format if the consumers demand it. The 360 only has a DVD player, but that's all I need.

I own a 360 and don't care who won really, as I'm not interested in the format till the prices become reasonable and from what I've seen, HD is overrated on many so called "HDTV's". I have a standard TV that looks better than the HD set downstairs, which is a Samsung with a muddy look to it in the pixels, probably best to avoid Samsung. Sony and Panasonic have some nice HD sets.

I think SONY paid out a lot of money to buy Warner Bros. alliance, and abandon HDDVD, but who knows?

PennySillin
02-26-2008, 07:43 PM
yea I got burnt out on buying movies and games a while back, I've got like 40 movies I never watch (they're good movies), and the last few games I bought all sucked so I figured time to give up on gaming and focus on other stuff in my life.

I'll still play games once in a while, but most games don't seem to offer much more than any other game, or enough for me to bother wasting $60, or even buying a new console.

I'm glad I grew out of it, videogames have been a collosal waste of my time looking back, I could've been outside playing sports or making friends, instead I just stayed home all the time doing the same routine over and over, knowing I was bored of it, but not being motivated enough to do anything else. I was a real pos

I'd just rather be social. Anyway, thats my rant for the day

FutureVenturer
02-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FutureVenturer:

Have a nice Bday.

Yeah, Stuntman was a neat idea poorly executed with frustrating, highly restrictive gameplay that isn't much fun. Unless it becomes an open world game, I'll never consider the Stuntman games worth much playtime.

Actually, Microsoft hasn't packaged ANY HDDVD player with the console yet, it's a separate unit that sells for under 200 bucks. They also said they're willing to support Blu Ray format if the consumers demand it. The 360 only has a DVD player, but that's all I need.

I own a 360 and don't care who won really, as I'm not interested in the format till the prices become reasonable and from what I've seen, HD is overrated on many so called "HDTV's". I have a standard TV that looks better than the HD set downstairs, which is a Samsung with a muddy look to it in the pixels, probably best to avoid Samsung. Sony and Panasonic have some nice HD sets.

I think SONY paid out a lot of money to buy Warner Bros. alliance, and abandon HDDVD, but who knows? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you, InsaneDriver06. I really appreciate it.

If there was any franchise or game that I'd consider better in a similar approach to that of Stuntman, it'd have to be TrackMania. This franchise allows you to create your own courses in many unique ways. It can be thought of a stunts since you can have a track that goes from the ground to the air and comes back down, causing a car to go upside down at one point. Restricting the Stuntman game(s) to only being focused on movies was a big issue because this keeps players from having an sandbox or emergent gameplay. Therefore, until we can see any game focused on stunts with a whole city or world in which you can have many different possibilities to see, there won't be any good games along the way of this concept, which are mostly linear.

Originally posted by PennySillin:
yea I got burnt out on buying movies and games a while back, I've got like 40 movies I never watch (they're good movies), and the last few games I bought all sucked so I figured time to give up on gaming and focus on other stuff in my life.

I'll still play games once in a while, but most games don't seem to offer much more than any other game, or enough for me to bother wasting $60, or even buying a new console.

I'm glad I grew out of it, videogames have been a collosal waste of my time looking back, I could've been outside playing sports or making friends, instead I just stayed home all the time doing the same routine over and over, knowing I was bored of it, but not being motivated enough to do anything else. I was a real pos

You shouldn't abandon video games just because you can't find any more good games. In fact, if buying them is such a pain in the ***, I'd suggest you rent games for the hell of it, which is a lot less expensive (you can play 15 games or more per month, and a 4-year game plan can save you over $900, all by subscribing to GameFly). I've had experience with GameFly, so I know how it feels. However, sometimes you may need to switch from the game you were hoping to play next (since another player might have gotten a hold of it and hasn't returned the copy yet) to some other kind of game.

You also have to acknowledge the fact that many new sandbox/emergent games are making their way out. Look at GTA IV. It simply will be a breathtaking experience. Definitely. And Crysis is a unique, emergent game, which, unlike most FPS games, which are so linear, can allow for many different possibilities and even has a paradise setting (much different from that of many FPS games' settings). These games are just a taste of how great games are going to be.

Maybe the problem is not that you like video games, but it is simply that you don't manage your time wisely, which therefore causes you to not have time for other things. Like it or not, you're a gamer and giving up the privilege to play games can really be a regretful thing to do for someone who's known the industry's games' and genres well. I, too, have been spending more time than I should for my interests on video games, but I don't feel it's right to completely give up this hobby and interest. In fact, you'll find that within a few years, games will be so big, that you simply won't be able to stray from them. I guarantee you that more people will be inclined to become a part of the video game culture soon.

kalle90
02-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by PennySillin:

I just few months ago (Just before buying Halo3 and Xbox360 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif) saw myself on other eyes laying on bed and playing, which I have been doing for like 15 years, and about 3 last years mostly alone. I started to thought how stupid I am. 100s of euros and hours to games.

I bought Halo3 and 360 as I'm huge fan and just wanted to see what happens and if it will be best game and if console could bring new life to gaming. Halo3 was great, but not worth the enormous hype like few games are, and 360 is meh, in a few years there will be other minor console. Package certainly wasn't worth the 500€ and now Im thinking if I should go back to original Xbox. There's just Dead Rising, Oblivion and Splinter Cells I'm interested of now but I still haven't bought any of them. I started the 1 month free Live trial and I played like a week of it having Xbox shut down all the other time.

Still, few things beat ocassional Halo or NHL multiplayer parties. That's why I'm keeping the old Xbox, casual fun. Next console generation is really exciting, will it be complete end to my tolerance for this whatever, or something amazing. I have my doubts.

J_Frumpleberg
02-27-2008, 08:17 PM
My other account doesn't seem to be working (pennysillin), so I'll just post on my back-up.

I remember, ever since I played Driver 2 to no end, and still played it knowing I was bored with it, thats the point when I started really wasting my time with games.

Its sad looking back at the lost years in front of a TV, but at least I realized I was wasting my life away.

Now thats not to say a lazy day here and there aren't appreciable, but doing it every day sucks. I'll still play games from time to time, but not all the time.

I spent so much time sitting home being bored, not having a job or hanging out with friends even, I barely even swam in the pool in the backyard! WTF! I wish I could go back in time and slap myself. Thats life though.

InsaneDriver06
02-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Renting games is the way to go instead of buying them, UNLESS it's a Driver game, GTA, or something that really lets you explore a world in ways you could never do in REAL life, like flying for example, or leaping off a skyscraper, parachuting, etc. Those are the reasons I play games, enter another world for %60 bucks, or 20 if you wait awhile.

It's a waste of time, yeah, but in the grand scheme of life, everything could be considered "wasting time", but only if it doesn't contribute to your main goal/career in life.

Driverman2006
02-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by J_Frumpleberg:
My other account doesn't seem to be working (pennysillin), so I'll just post on my back-up.

I remember, ever since I played Driver 2 to no end, and still played it knowing I was bored with it, thats the point when I started really wasting my time with games.

Its sad looking back at the lost years in front of a TV, but at least I realized I was wasting my life away.

Now thats not to say a lazy day here and there aren't appreciable, but doing it every day sucks. I'll still play games from time to time, but not all the time.

I spent so much time sitting home being bored, not having a job or hanging out with friends even, I barely even swam in the pool in the backyard! WTF! I wish I could go back in time and slap myself. Thats life though.
What?!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif You're Pennysillin?! You lied to ALL of us if that's true.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif You don't work at Reflections afterall.

J_Frumpleberg
02-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I made the pennysillin account to talk to the fans on the same level without people asking me questions all the time, stir up the conversation a little

j/k yea, I was just bored, saw the site in my favorites and couldn't remember the password to my older account

InsaneDriver06
02-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by J_Frumpleberg:
I made the pennysillin account to talk to the fans on the same level without people asking me questions all the time, stir up the conversation a little

j/k yea, I was just bored, saw the site in my favorites and couldn't remember the password to my older account

I remember reading Pennysillin' said he was actually Matt_John from the Atari Forums.

"Talk to the fans"? Kidding again, right? No big deal, it's unlikely Reflections would log in to comment without "REFLECTIONS MEMBER", or something to prove they are part of the team.