PDA

View Full Version : what other addons ?

Sharpe26
03-15-2006, 08:59 AM
what other intermediary addons are they talking about on the main page? Do we have to fork out dough again for stuff we already have or does this include stuff like the Pe-2 for example? can someone shed some light on this plz?

major_setback
03-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Which thread/post do you mean?

VW-IceFire
03-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Sharpe26:
what other intermediary addons are they talking about on the main page? Do we have to fork out dough again for stuff we already have or does this include stuff like the Pe-2 for example? can someone shed some light on this plz?
If your talking about the line I'm thinking your talking about then it means that they are including everything upto 4.04m.

There are three other addons coming.

- Pe-2 (all Pe-2 types flyable with a campaign for them)
- IL-10 Manchuria
- VVS '46

While the third one I'm not looking forward to nearly as much...I think it will have a Korea like feel to it in terms of the gameplay so I think it'll be a unique experience.

Chuck_Older
03-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Everyone thinks that all the "patchs" we get are just that: "patches". I think you'll find that in reality, we have gotten "updates" and "add-ons" as far as UbiSoft is concerned as well as "patches". 4.03 springs to mind- not a patch, although everyone here calls it that

They don't have to speak our UbiZoo language

Skycat_2
03-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Intermediary addons have been the big patches like the recen 403m with all the planes.

Pe-2 is not included on the DVD. Otherwise the product description would mention it. Pe-2 is intended as a major expansion product, remember.

tagTaken2
03-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
Everyone thinks that all the "patchs" we get are just that: "patches". I think you'll find that in reality, we have gotten "updates" and "add-ons" as far as UbiSoft is concerned as well as "patches". 4.03 springs to mind- not a patch, although everyone here calls it that

If it's free, it's a patch.

Tully__
03-15-2006, 06:00 PM
While all of the patches have contained at least some minor tweaks, some of the larger ones were released as free addons with lots of extra content rather than patches to fix faults. The tweaks included were incidental. It is the patches that are referred to in that announcement as "intermediary add-ons".

WarWolfe_1
03-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by tagTaken2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:

If it's free, it's a patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Capitalism!