PDA

View Full Version : is assassins creed brotherhood a sequel to AC2

kaiachi
10-15-2010, 02:54 PM
I've heard it said before that ACB(Assassins Creed Brotherhood) is not a sequel to AC2. well It looks a whole lot like a sequel and if it walks like a duck than it probably is.

faka-me
10-15-2010, 02:58 PM
it is a sequel but not ac3 because your still playing as ezzio and obvs its not called ac3 it called acb

breakdown89
10-15-2010, 02:59 PM
quack? lol, but in all seriousness, yes.....it is a sequel to AC2.

Zire1022
10-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by kaiachi:
I've heard it said before that ACB(Assassins Creed Brotherhood) is not a sequel to AC2. well It looks a whole lot like a sequel and if it walks like a duck than it probably is.
the game feels more like a stand alone expansion then a full on sequel like ac2 was to ac1, its a expansion with the add-on of multilayer.

ninjasownu
10-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Zire1022:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaiachi:
the game feels more like a stand alone expansion then a full on sequel like ac2 was to ac1, its a expansion with the add-on of multilayer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
With that logic halo 2/3/reach is an expansion of halo 1.

Evan52395
10-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Zire1022:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaiachi:
the game feels more like a stand alone expansion then a full on sequel like ac2 was to ac1, its a expansion with the add-on of multilayer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
AC2 was an expansion? In what sense? It was an entirely different game with new mechanics. I think you have your definitions mixed up...

itsamea-mario
10-16-2010, 03:56 PM
He's saying that AC2 was a full on sequel, not an expansion.
he's also saying that ACb is an expansion.
which its not. its a money making scheme.
i mean its just another game, a bit like vice city to GTA3 or reach to halo 3.
just more ezio really.

(and more money ofc)

Evan52395
10-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
He's saying that AC2 was a full on sequel, not an expansion.
he's also saying that ACb is an expansion.
which its not. its a money making scheme.
i mean its just another game, a bit like vice city to GTA3 or reach to halo 3.
just more ezio really.

(and more money ofc)
You're making it sound like making money is a bad thing. If we're getting what we paid for I'm sure everyone is fine with it, and if they're making money then that's good because they can continue their games. What, you want them to go broke?

itsamea-mario
10-16-2010, 04:11 PM
i know, im all for mo games, and i'm sure if i was in there position i would want to pump out as much merchandise as possible so i could get a new car.

but anyway, its a sequel to AC2, but not a big part of the AC story.

extrememuffin
10-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
i know, im all for mo games, and i'm sure if i was in there position i would want to pump out as much merchandise as possible so i could get a new car.

but anyway, its a sequel to AC2, but not a big part of the AC story.

***SPOILER***
considering we already know that Desmond is going to be collecting artifacts then im going to have to say its a huge part of the AC story

EzioAssassin51
10-17-2010, 12:57 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif The artifact info is from the achievements and tophies so people know.

What itsame said it exactly right. It is also said to be like AC2 on a second disc (a dev said that somewhere). They said this because they realised they could make an entirely new game out of Rome, it being so big!

tyrce111
10-17-2010, 09:43 AM
I hope they release an ACII and ACB game bundle because it's prety much like a 2 disk game!

And I also hope they release an ACI, ACII, ACB and AC3 game bundle.

gazzagb
10-17-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm thinking AC:B is more AC2.5, continuing Ezio's story from AC2, but not continuing with the entire AC plot with Desmond, which will be continued in AC3.
AC3 will be in a different time period too. I'm hoping it's set in London (maybe during the Industrial Revolution), I reckon it would be brilliant!

EzioAssassin51
10-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by gazzagb:
I'm thinking AC:B is more AC2.5, continuing Ezio's story from AC2, but not continuing with the entire AC plot with Desmond, which will be continued in AC3.
AC3 will be in a different time period too. I'm hoping it's set in London (maybe during the Industrial Revolution), I reckon it would be brilliant!

No, it is continuing with Desmond, probably more than any other game seeing as he will be doign things like collecting artifacts and he got a new outfit and there is a present sequence 1 and no doubt more!