PDA

View Full Version : some burning questions

stugumby
11-06-2004, 07:58 AM
1. How do you get rid of the floating reticle in no cockpit view, its interfereing with my gunnery/target acquisition.

2. I saw a b-17 d over the owen stanleys and its tail planes were off set 35 degrees in a turn then slowly clicked back into level? glitch or just too much beam black.

3. How does one find an enemy carrier in quick misiions, i could see them in ctrl f2 in the water but never found them, even trailed the kates till i ran out of gas. found mine but how to tell which one was home sweet home??

4. is there a crayon level guide to paging files, im not computer savvy yet but just dangerous, mine is set to 950mb, i have 512 ram and a ge 5200 at 128mb and after some driver issues im up and running ok.

5. the dude in the rear of the beufighter, does he have a mg or just along for the ride???

Cippacometa
11-06-2004, 08:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stugumby:
1. How do you get rid of the floating reticle in no cockpit view, its interfereing with my gunnery/target acquisition.

2. I saw a b-17 d over the owen stanleys and its tail planes were off set 35 degrees in a turn then slowly clicked back into level? glitch or just too much beam black.

3. How does one find an enemy carrier in quick misiions, i could see them in ctrl f2 in the water but never found them, even trailed the kates till i ran out of gas. found mine but how to tell which one was home sweet home??

4. is there a crayon level guide to paging files, im not computer savvy yet but just dangerous, mine is set to 950mb, i have 512 ram and a ge 5200 at 128mb and after some driver issues im up and running ok.

5. the dude in the rear of the beufighter, does he have a mg or just along for the ride??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. You can't.
2. Known graphic bug.
3. Look at carriers (yours or enemy) with Ctrl-F2, then open the map: the varrier will be exactly in the centre of the map.
4. ???
5. He is here for the ride.

3.JG51_BigBear
11-06-2004, 08:37 AM
1. The planes have reflector gun sights and there is no way to get rid of the floating reticle. Try hitting shift-f1 if you haven't already. This stabilizes the pilot's head.

2. Its a bug. I think I already saw it reported in Oleg's Ready Room

3. If you have the minipath turned on under the dificulty settings, and you hit the "M" key, a path will appear that you can follow to the Carrier.

4. I have no idea what you're talking about.

5. Yes he is along for the ride. I believe in real life he was a navigator/observer.

Hope this helps.

rodion_zero
11-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Since no one apparently understood question number four, here's my attempt to answer it:

Since user-level tweaking of virtual memory settings ain't exactly for kindergarten level (hence the "crayon" comment), I strongly suggest you DO NOT mess with them--leave Windows to manage them and instead, invest HEAVILY on more RAM for your PF. The only time you should mess with virtual memory size is:

1. You've already messed up your Windows install 100 times before and are used to reformatting it in case you corrupt the virtual memory after messing with it.

2. You want to move the virtual memory to another drive (hopefully a permanent non-removable media) in the hopes of isolating your PF install from the swapspace to minimize stuttering (many people do this in FALCON4 circles), and again, you know exactly what you are doing.

3. You are a Windows techie and you know exactly how much hard disk space should be allocated based on your REAL RAM (after 10 years of working with virtual memory and 4 different versions of Windows, even I can't even figure out this magic number yet).

Again, stop fiddling with virtual memory and BUY MORE RAM. End of story.

-RODION

stugumby
11-06-2004, 12:32 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

thanks one and all for answering my post, im not a computer genius yet, still working on it over time i guess. Also was the val a floater in landing, tried to land home after bombing pearl harbor and just couldnt get it to touch down, 3rd try i ended up in the drink... oh well back to new guinea