PDA

View Full Version : Here Here Oleg

Richters
06-25-2005, 08:01 PM
I am a private pilot and these planes fly much more real now than ever. The clouds look great also. Did anyone notice the change in some of the country side. Granted, I do not fly all the planes, but the ones I do work well. Even the stalls work much better. I can actually predict a break before it happens. From this alone, some new maneuvers are possible. This flight model in my opinion is the best so far. Bring on BOB. It will be a blast!

carguy_
06-25-2005, 08:50 PM
I hope you enjoy this new FM.Not much will change from now.

1C is putting all resources on work on revolutionary graphics. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bearcat99
06-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Im no pilot but im feelin you... this post is a breath of frsh air...... Tell us... what exactly do you like about the new FM if you can put it into words? Have you flown any taildraggers? What about energy retentions.. how does that feel?

joners
06-26-2005, 06:09 PM
I think you mean, "Hear, hear"

Richters
06-28-2005, 08:50 PM
I was hoping someone would notice how I spelled €œhere€ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Slow flight and stalls are much more predictable. Roll performance at slow speeds are much more realistic. Take offs require much more precise control to keep the plane on the centerline especially with a tail dragger. Ground handling has been stabilized and is much more realistic. Engine torque and P factor are more realistic. Added weight (bombs more fuel) are affecting the CG either making the plane nose heavy or tail heavy which is truly shown on aircraft performance especially while in cruise flight. Small rudder inputs are much more responsive at slow speeds. Slips and skids work much better (Try some Dutch rolls and you will see what I mean). The neatest thing is when you reduce throttle, the plane yaws to the proper direction. There is much more detail in this model. I really do like the new clouds also. Nice touch!

timholt
06-28-2005, 09:24 PM
I agree with Richters. I fly aerobatics as a hobby in real life and 4.01 is the closest emulation of stick and rudder input for aero's yet - in my humble opinion.