PDA

View Full Version : Storm parameters for each uboat

morriem
05-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Need some help here.....Version 1.4b details indicate that Storm Parameters can be modified for each type uboat. I looked through all 77 pages of the basic.cfg parameters, but could not find any weather (Storm Conditions) for each type of boat. What do the Storm Condition parameters affect, anyway; I was hoping you could modify the max wind conditions for using the deck gun. It is very irritating to see the wind jump up to 7 or 8 meters/sec when you are approaching a merchant or convoy, with your decks still clear, ie. no waves breaking over them, and unable to use the gun.

Even with a pitching deck, firing the deck gun at the lowest point in the pitch is still very effective. Id rather be using it and taking my chances with missed rounds than being prohibited.

As for being unable to use the flak gun, with its elevated position, that seems to be an unreasonable restriction.

So, if any of you out there have modified the Storm Conditions, per the v 1.4 patch, could you provide some details on what it accomplishes and where it can be found.

Lt.Sr. Gunther Kals, my weapons officer, would be very appreciative...

Sabastian_Healy
05-23-2006, 02:36 PM
The deck gun bounces off its "home" position in rough waves. Hence why your still making a shot when the pitch is going down, going up your'e over shooting. I find a good capatin will stand on the deck with the crew and help the WO with range with range finding {they tend to set the range to far out most times when your within close range}, and instead of ordering shots thru the larges magification, I set back the magnification till I can see the tip of the gun barrel in my sight. When the gun barrel is at its home position {drops and holds steady} I'll order a shot and using the bearing markers in the scope, Ill order manual adjustments to the guns position {left or right} as not all shots go stright to the center of the bearing markers. Take note of how many degrees off center the shot goes, adjust accordingly with the reference marker and use the new marker {not dead center} to targe stratigic points on the enemy ship. Of course when the sea is too rough, you dont want to throw men overboard and thus must use eels.

Hope that helps,

Oblt. Sabastian Healy

bunkerratt
05-23-2006, 03:07 PM
program files /ubisoft/silenthunter3/data/submarine/nss_uboat what ever type boat you need to change http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.giffind the line storm conditions= change the 7 to 19 and the 0.1 to 0.9

bill268
07-26-2007, 02:29 PM
I went into those files as well and didnt find that "STORM CONDITIONS" line. bill268

Foehammer-1
07-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Mind you, this is <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">NOT</span> the file you should be looking at:

[Unit]
ClassName=SSTypeVIIC
HumanPlayable=YES
Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Uboat7/NSS_Uboat7
UnitType=200
MaxSpeed=17.0
MaxSpeedSubmerged=7.6
Length=67.4
Width=5.3
RenownAwarded=130

[Salvo]
1=1,3,2,4