PDA

View Full Version : Patch and key code a no go...

Drilling_857
03-17-2005, 04:40 PM
S! all, as I was unable to get on the community help forum(which I could earlier) I will post this here for all the help I can get...Aaaarg.

Install the game no probs, run it no probs...Great...then install the patch, again no probs. But when I went to run the game I got the invalid key code. I did the retry, reboot, run from CD, run from the start menu and no good. It seems others had no probs with the patch so any help would be great.

Drilling

Drilling_857
03-17-2005, 04:40 PM
S! all, as I was unable to get on the community help forum(which I could earlier) I will post this here for all the help I can get...Aaaarg.

Install the game no probs, run it no probs...Great...then install the patch, again no probs. But when I went to run the game I got the invalid key code. I did the retry, reboot, run from CD, run from the start menu and no good. It seems others had no probs with the patch so any help would be great.

Drilling

Drilling_857
03-17-2005, 06:16 PM
follow up...need some help here please,

figured I would do a complete reinstall and start over as it worked before the patch but...yep, you said it...a no go. The funny thing is after doing it over from fresh I never got the reboot window like the first time to enter the key code...must be that Starforce ****. This really sucks as I have never had any probs with any games and if I cant get this resolved by the end of the weekend it is going back for a refund.

S! Drilling

Drilling_857
03-17-2005, 06:16 PM
follow up...need some help here please,

figured I would do a complete reinstall and start over as it worked before the patch but...yep, you said it...a no go. The funny thing is after doing it over from fresh I never got the reboot window like the first time to enter the key code...must be that Starforce ****. This really sucks as I have never had any probs with any games and if I cant get this resolved by the end of the weekend it is going back for a refund.

S! Drilling