PDA

View Full Version : OT - Canada wins gold

jensenpark
01-04-2005, 08:36 PM
okay, I know it's off-topic, but there are alot of fellow Canucks from our boad out celebrating tonight.

Our Team Canada Juniors won gold at the World Junior Hockey Championship, beating Russia 6-1 (okay, the Russians still make better sims though).

Well done guys! And congrats to our Russian friends on taking the silver.

jensenpark
01-04-2005, 08:36 PM
okay, I know it's off-topic, but there are alot of fellow Canucks from our boad out celebrating tonight.

Our Team Canada Juniors won gold at the World Junior Hockey Championship, beating Russia 6-1 (okay, the Russians still make better sims though).

Well done guys! And congrats to our Russian friends on taking the silver.

VW-IceFire
01-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Fair trade...Russians make better sims, we beat them at Hockey http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Thank god for hockey on TV!!

JR_Greenhorn
01-05-2005, 12:05 AM
All that's been going on just up I-29 from me. I heard a lot of talk around town while it was going on, but I hadn't heard the results yet.
I suppose most of the locals only follow the USA team.

Chivas
01-05-2005, 12:08 AM
The Canucks played well. They hit hard and didn't give the talented Ruskies much room.

MO_JOJO
01-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Well done, Canada!!! Break out the Molson XXX.

Who needs the pros.... I wish they'd all (esp. basketball) go on strike.

M.R.Maiornikov
01-05-2005, 12:51 AM
Well i can only congratulate canada on wining the gold, althaugh our team (russian) played well, canada's defence did a very good job covering alexander ovechkin and evgeny malkin and that's why they won.

JG52_wunsch
01-05-2005, 05:22 PM
they won gold because they were the better team.start to finish.cheers.

heywooood
01-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Great tournament - what I saw of it...Us only showed US team games....when will we get over ourselves??

Good job to Team Canada Juniors, Hopefully we will see all of these young players from all of these great teams in the NHL or its replacement league soon.

georgeo76
01-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Ha-key? Hack-ee? Is that like a sport or something?

Crimea_River
01-05-2005, 06:56 PM
YeeeeHawwww

steve_v
01-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Congradulations to Canada.

Saw Belarus take the US behind the woodshed. Painful. Hopefully, the NHL strike will be settled by next season and there will be more televised games. Went to see a local minor league club for my birthday last month. Had a good time.

meh_cd
01-05-2005, 07:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JR_Greenhorn:
All that's been going on just up I-29 from me. I heard a lot of talk around town while it was going on, but I hadn't heard the results yet.
I suppose most of the locals only follow the USA team. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait wait... you mean... YOU LIVE IN FARGO?!