PDA

View Full Version : Fast walk

Inorganic9_2
01-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Just checking really: does fast walk (officially - i.e. red arrow) reveal you to your target? I'd say no as it's low profile, but I thought I'd check. (I know some characters are really obvious when they fast walk though)

DannyStrong
01-04-2011, 09:14 AM
fast walking (holding down A but not the high profile trigger) is considered low profile and it won't mark you with a red arrow.

However you walk real funny while fast walking and you will stick out, so you shouldn't do it in a direct line of sight of your target, he WILL notice you.

I typically use it when I am closing in on my target and a crowd moves in front of me or I will do it as I walk behind an obstacle to get a little boost.

Rainie
01-04-2011, 09:25 AM
You don't get the red arrow on your head but if your target knows what to look for it can help them identify you from the rest of the crowd

obliviondoll
01-04-2011, 09:41 AM
No red arrow, no decrease on your detection meter, but even if your target doesn't know the difference in animations, you'll look out of place moving faster than regular NPCs - if you're catching up from behind, and your target sees you doing so, they'll know something's up.

Do it in short bursts, and it looks similar to when NPCs do it.

stitchlessdeath
01-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Not sure if NPCs fast walk, I know they run a little to catch up to their group if the fall behind, but I don't think they fast walk

Inorganic9_2
01-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Thought so. Thanks everyone!

@Rainie: the question came from one of your videos actually. In the "my favourite spot in Mont St Michael" video, you spot a Hellequin with a red arrow over her head and I wasn't sure if she was fast walking or had just stopped running.

Rainie
01-04-2011, 10:54 AM
I think she was running up the stairs but stopped when she got to top and I was in the line of sight. If you slow down and stop walking the arrow goes away once you get to silent again...but I already saw her so she deserved a punch in the face http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Inorganic9_2
01-04-2011, 11:42 AM
...and the moment's hesitation as she tried to figure out which thief was you made sure she got it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Rainie
01-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Haha yea, hesitation is a bad thing. If you're not sure who your target is, go to a blend group and watch from there. NPCs don't stop moving unless they are in a stationary blend spot. If you stop close to your target you risk getting stunned if they've seen you

Quitetingly
01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
Haha yea, hesitation is a bad thing. If you're not sure who your target is, go to a blend group and watch from there. NPCs don't stop moving unless they are in a stationary blend spot. If you stop close to your target you risk getting stunned if they've seen you

not true. an npc will always stop a second before walking to a blend spot. they walk. they stop for a second, then they walk directly towards the spot they are going to. its an important trait to copy

Inorganic9_2
01-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:

I suppose the whispers and walking right up to your target do kind of give it away. I like the idea of milling around in another NPC group while you wait for them to slip up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

tallinn1960
01-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by stitchlessdeath:
Not sure if NPCs fast walk, I know they run a little to catch up to their group if the fall behind, but I don't think they fast walk

They do fast walk every now and then. They do even circle around pointlessly. Sometimes they even run (althouhg I never yet have seen a NPC doing a fast run). Alone or in a group does not matter. However, whatever they do, they are just doing it for a few seconds, then they change.

Rainie
01-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Quitetingly:
not true. an npc will always stop a second before walking to a blend spot. they walk. they stop for a second, then they walk directly towards the spot they are going to. its an important trait to copy

They will stop just before a blend spot, true, but not like 3 feet a way and not for more than a second. Also I've noticed that when they do the stop and walk into the blend spot they turn slightly to get into position, never really in a straight path. Also it's important to see how they walked up before they stopped, some players will fast walk until then or even run. And yes the whispers do help since if it is your pursuer and they stop within short distance the whispers get really loud...it drives me nuts lol

Jack-Reacher
01-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Use the Hellequin as much as possible, her fast walk animation is almost exactly the same