PDA

View Full Version : palazzo ducale di venezia

Matt_156
01-13-2010, 08:13 PM
is there no way to get on top/inside the courtyard of the palazzo? apart from the mission with the flying machine. i've been trying to infiltrate it for days but can't find a way in!

the amolang
01-14-2010, 03:34 AM
I was just thinking of making a thread about this! It's been bugging me.... I almost did it, and I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I still haven't been able too... It's quite annoying, cause the guards in there are the only ones safe from my wrath http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Abeonis
01-14-2010, 04:26 AM
Unfortunately, their is no way into the Doge's Palace. Their use to be, before the patch, when you could use the airwalk glitch to make your way on to the roof, but that little bonus was removed...

So now, there's no way whatsoever. That said, in all honesty, you're not missing out on much at all.

nitres15
01-14-2010, 10:27 AM
i can do it

Matt_156
01-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by nitres155:
i can do it
how?

i don't want to glitch my way in. i want to sneak my way in like a good assassin should

InfinityStreak
01-15-2010, 01:45 AM
Not possible. Sorry :S

Glitching is the only way to get it. Just clear your system cache if you want to do it.

nitres15
01-15-2010, 10:43 AM
i will upload a video on youtube i dont know when .........

OzDavis
01-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by nitres155:
i will upload a video on youtube i dont know when ......... No need.... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DnoMn0Efnw) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

harris777
01-19-2010, 11:51 PM
This time we arrived at the Piazza a while after the high tide had come through and flooded the square. Though most of the water had dissipated, we had to walk into the Basilica di San Marco on raised planks so as not to get wet. The Byzantine-style church had several domes, four bronze horses the city stole from Constantinople when it sacked the Byzantine capital during the Crusades, and many winged lion decorations (the symbol of Mark and of Venice). The inside was beautifully adorned with Christian mosaics (paintings “built” into the wall).

After walking by the pillars in the plaza, we saw the coast of the city and the Palazzo Ducale di Venezia (the Palace of the Doge). The palace was the home of the leaders/chief magistrates of Venice, the Doges, for over 1000 years. Its artistic beauty was, in my mind, surpassed by the collection of armaments it contained. Pikes, spears, halberds, shields, suits of armor, swords, muskets, cannons, and pistols filled several of the halls of the palace and quickly became my favorite “decorations” to see in the whole building. However, the prison in the palace’s basement was also enjoyable to see. It was quite unlike the splendor of the rest of the building, being dark and imposing rather than gold and ornate.

DLTyrus
01-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Anyone know if the way of getting in that was linked as a youtube video has been fixed? Just want to be sure before I spend hours trying. :P

If there's one thing I don't like about AC2, its this ******* palace. Why they would put a place in the game that you cannot get into on a game where half the point is that you can climb anything is beyond me. I have -never- understood why any video game would design an entire interior map of any building and then lock it to access by the Player afterwards, I meant I just don't get it. You've gone to all the trouble to make this area and then you only ever let the player see it once.

/rant.

OzDavis
01-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by DLTyrus:
Anyone know if the way of getting in that was linked as a youtube video has been fixed? Just want to be sure before I spend hours trying. :P Well, it's tricky as hell, but I managed to repeat the feat shortly after I posted the YouTube link.

Watching the video itself, I was laughing when the captions came up telling you to skip ahead a few minutes and apologising for it taking so long... after doing it myself I'm actually amazed it only took the three minutes or so shown in the video as it was more like 10mins for me!

ValidatedDavid
01-22-2010, 06:24 AM
Is there anything going on with the left stick when you hit A to jump back, or are you jumping back straight? I can't get it to work - but maybe I just need more time I didn't try for more than 5 minuts.

OzDavis
01-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by ValidatedDavid:
Is there anything going on with the left stick when you hit A to jump back, or are you jumping back straight? I can't get it to work - but maybe I just need more time I didn't try for more than 5 minuts. I was just pulling back on the stick.... but had to be careful to release it again... first time I landed on the fence I was still pulling the stick back and ended up walking off the wrong way (back to the side I had jumped from).

ValidatedDavid
01-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by OzDavis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ValidatedDavid:
Is there anything going on with the left stick when you hit A to jump back, or are you jumping back straight? I can't get it to work - but maybe I just need more time I didn't try for more than 5 minuts. I was just pulling back on the stick.... but had to be careful to release it again... first time I landed on the fence I was still pulling the stick back and ended up walking off the wrong way (back to the side I had jumped from). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I'll give it try tonight.