PDA

View Full Version : Ismail I, Al-Ashraf, or David X?

tjbyrum1
06-09-2011, 06:46 PM
I decided 'Why not figure out who the villain is?'. Now, the game will take place in Constantinople, and as far as I know, it will also take place in Masyaf. The trailer shows Ezio traveling sandy desert-like regions, which fits where Masyaf is located.

Note: 'Ruler' refers to the guy in the trailer, who seems to be the main antagonist. The guy who puts a noose on Ezio is who we're talking about.

---------------------------

Presearch
--Revelations takes place in the year 1511.
--A 'Ruler' and his armies appear at Masyaf when Ezio travels there.

Looking at Masyaf
--In 1270, the Castle of Masyaf was held by a Mamluk known as Baybars, and I assume his forces was as well. It is not the Baybars.
--In 1260 it was surrendered to the Mongols. It is not the Mongols.

Further Research
--Some Middle-East figures of the time:
----Ismail I: Shah of Iran, and Founder of Safavid Empire; Ruled from 1502-1524
----Al-Ashraf Qansuh al-Ghawri: Second Last of the Mamluk Sultans; Ruled from 1501-1516
----David X of Kartli: King of Kartli from 1505-1525.
--Those three, plus many others, had something major/minor to do with the Ottoman Empire.

More Research
--Assassin_M (Ubi User) told me the Soldiers wear the Byzantine Coat of Arms.

-----------------------

No luck. That sucks. Well, I doubt it's either one of those three. So how about someone help me out and tell me what you know.

Assassin_M
06-09-2011, 06:57 PM
It cant be baybers, The depictions, drawings and stories about him are so very different from "Baldy" plus the Soldiers are donning the Byzantine coat of arms not the Mamluk one, but nice research