PDA

View Full Version : Thanks that this discussion about PF+FB+AEP correct install!

MonoxideLeech
06-16-2005, 09:46 AM
I've had to go get IL-2 after getting PacificFighters just so this PF+FB+AEP Expantion Pack would work...I had Merged them long ago(PF StandAlone and the Exp.Pack)But i had no maps for any levels...But now im here to make sure that if i merge the Exp. pack do i take it the Maine Pacific Fighters folder or To the IL-2 folder(I only have IL-2 and not IL-2 FB ok) and do i need to use patches to run the game(if offline mode)I will try to find the merge secence for this...If it dont' work then i guess i need IL-2FB instead of IL-2...

Chuck_Older
06-16-2005, 09:59 AM
You absolutely, positively need Il-2:Forgotten Battles if you want to use AEP, and Pacific Fighters CANNOT be merged with Il-2:Sturmovik. It must be merged with Il-2:Forgotten Battles

I don't know what you mean about "maps for any levels", though

LEBillfish
06-16-2005, 11:22 AM
The Sim series works like this.....

IL2 Sturmovik:...will merge with nothing except its associated patches and add ons...

Above has been replaced by:

IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles:.....After you install IL2FB, you may then install over it Ace Expansion Pack (you can buy both together in the IL2 Gold Pack).

You would then have IL2FB+AEP together:....over that you can install the 2.04 patch and/or Pacific Fighters.

Pacific Fighters can be played as a stand alone sim...However, if you want all the series has to offer to be able to join in online and play with the majority here, you will want the following installed in this order......

IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles
Il2 Forgotten Battles Ace Expansion Pack
Patch 2.04 (some say you don't need it if going higher, I'm not sure so install it)
Pacific Fighters
Patch 3.03m
Patch 3.04m
Patch 4.01m

As said above you can buy IL2FB & AEP in the gold pack for roughly $20 US....The patches are free and online.

You may play;
IL2 Sturmovik alone

IL2FB alone
IL2FB+1.X series patches

IL2FB+AEP
IL2FB+AEP+2.04 patch

PF alone
PF+3.03 patch+3.04 patch
PF+3.03 patch+3.04 patch+4.01 patch

IL2FB+AEP+2.04 patch+PF (this would be called a merged install)
IL2FB+AEP+2.04 patch+PF+3.03m patch+3.04m patch
IL2FB+AEP+2.04 patch+PF+3.03m patch+3.04m patch+4.01m patch

To fly online with most here do the last...

Cosmo_K
07-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Great response LEBillfish. Thanks. But I'm still foggy on a couple of things. First, I had IL2 then IL2 FB with latest patch which worked great.

Then I got PF and installed it seperately cause I didn't have AEP and I didn't want to ruin my FB install (just too cautious I guess). However, PF works like a champ and to me the gameplay seems better. One thing I especially like is being able to display MPH instead of KPH for airspeed since it's closer to what I understand.

The question I have is besides online play what does the merged installation do? Can you fly the German planes with the PF "engine" or dynamics?

In other words, if I think PF is better than FB will the merge make FB play like PF? Also, don't want to buy the gold pack since all I need is AEP. Been looking to find AEP cheap but haven't yet.

I haven't broken the code on online play yet. Is that all the merge is for, just for online?

Thanks.

VW-IceFire
07-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Cosmo_K:
Great response LEBillfish. Thanks. But I'm still foggy on a couple of things. First, I had IL2 then IL2 FB with latest patch which worked great.

Then I got PF and installed it seperately cause I didn't have AEP and I didn't want to ruin my FB install (just too cautious I guess). However, PF works like a champ and to me the gameplay seems better. One thing I especially like is being able to display MPH instead of KPH for airspeed since it's closer to what I understand.

The question I have is besides online play what does the merged installation do? Can you fly the German planes with the PF "engine" or dynamics?

In other words, if I think PF is better than FB will the merge make FB play like PF? Also, don't want to buy the gold pack since all I need is AEP. Been looking to find AEP cheap but haven't yet.

I haven't broken the code on online play yet. Is that all the merge is for, just for online?

Thanks.
Yes. The merged install puts all of FB and AEP into the Pacific Fighters engine. That means even the 4.01 upgrades are applied across the entire line of aircraft.

Its totally worth it for me. I personally love being able to switch theaters on the same server or in the same single player session. I'm running two SP campaigns and one is flying a F4U Cosair with the USMC over Okinawa. The other is a 109F campaign over Leningrad. Its great.

Cosmo_K
07-04-2005, 08:02 AM
Thanks VW-IceFire. So I guess I will do it when I find AEP! Should I uninstall IL2 FB & PF and start all over. I currently have them as standalones. Also, I ran the 4.01 patch.