PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to..................

Mjollnir111675
11-24-2004, 09:17 AM
..have speech come thru headphones but to allow all other ambient sound go through the speakers??

Just wondering as the issue of sound came up on another thread.
I have been screwing round with me soundcard to see if I can finnagle it to give these results. Anyone else tried this??

Mjollnir111675
11-24-2004, 09:17 AM
..have speech come thru headphones but to allow all other ambient sound go through the speakers??

Just wondering as the issue of sound came up on another thread.
I have been screwing round with me soundcard to see if I can finnagle it to give these results. Anyone else tried this??

Vengeanze
11-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Sounds like a kewl effect but too complicated to solve.
No regular soundcards with two outputs.

Maybe if u panned voices left and other sound right and turned em mono.
But then you'd loose directional sound.

Mjollnir111675
11-24-2004, 09:59 AM
"No regular soundcards with two outputs"

I can join games and have ts come thru my headset yet all other sounds from game come thru me surround sound.So I dont think it is impossible.I just need to figure out if there is something I can alter somewhere to have speech come thru the headset.

hammers clanging,wrenches turning......

Vengeanze
11-24-2004, 10:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mjollnir111675:
"No regular soundcards with two outputs"

I can join games and have ts come thru my headset yet all other sounds from game come thru me surround sound.So I dont think it is impossible.I just need to figure out if there is something I can alter somewhere to have speech come thru the headset.

hammers clanging,wrenches turning...... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How u do that??

All sound from PF comes in one stream I guess so it would have to be separated in the game (code).
Guessing here.

Mjollnir111675
11-24-2004, 10:08 AM
"How u do that??"

Ok first lemme state that i have a sounblaster 2 audigy. That said when you go into settings,Click on the voice tab. You'll see a default device tab fer vox playback. Slap yer headset into this option as well as the vox recording tab below. Shizzzamm!!!You now have all mic functions coming thru on the headset.Now you'll also have to set up ts fer this to work.

Vengeanze
11-24-2004, 10:16 AM
ohh.

Mjollnir111675
11-24-2004, 10:20 AM
But I also think that having an usb mic helps the sys recognize it better.