PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new PC

JastaV
09-20-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm looking for a new PC.

The Ge Force 7800 GTX seems to be the best solution in term of FR and brute power.

On the other hand it seems like the relative Drivers create no few troubles.

Some post, as regad are even more confusing me!!!! It's clear that ATI-Radeon fans and N-vidia Ge Force ones are fighting a sort of Battle.

Here I have some questions. I hope anyone gently will try to answer to me.

1. If it's true that Ge Force 7800 GTX dedicated drivers are creating a lot of troubles with Il2-PF, is that for both OpenGl and DirectX, or the last bypass any trouble ????

2. If playing any but perfect mode we have till main troubles with most recent Ge Force 7800 GTX dedicated drivers ????

3. What's the most recent driver version that allows to run a Ge Force 7800 GTX, without problems ???? Does that version allow to play also OpenGl and pesfect mode in Il2-PF???

4. There's any tribute to pay to the use of older drivers over Ge Force 7800 GTX ???

Thanks

JastaV

JastaV
09-20-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm looking for a new PC.

The Ge Force 7800 GTX seems to be the best solution in term of FR and brute power.

On the other hand it seems like the relative Drivers create no few troubles.

Some post, as regad are even more confusing me!!!! It's clear that ATI-Radeon fans and N-vidia Ge Force ones are fighting a sort of Battle.

Here I have some questions. I hope anyone gently will try to answer to me.

1. If it's true that Ge Force 7800 GTX dedicated drivers are creating a lot of troubles with Il2-PF, is that for both OpenGl and DirectX, or the last bypass any trouble ????

2. If playing any but perfect mode we have till main troubles with most recent Ge Force 7800 GTX dedicated drivers ????

3. What's the most recent driver version that allows to run a Ge Force 7800 GTX, without problems ???? Does that version allow to play also OpenGl and pesfect mode in Il2-PF???

4. There's any tribute to pay to the use of older drivers over Ge Force 7800 GTX ???

Thanks

JastaV

Iron_Hand1
09-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Are you looking for a new PC or just a new video card (GPU)?

JastaV
09-20-2005, 04:04 PM
I mind to build up my new PC all around a Ge Force 7800 GTX graphic processor.

Selecting a new generation graphic processor I have to change motherboard, RAM, PCU....
It's easier to assempbe a new machine that going to update most elements of an old PC.

The main question is: May I trust the new Ge Force 7800 GTX graphic processor????
According to most rumors....

JastaV

JastaV

VW-IceFire
09-20-2005, 04:23 PM
The end of September is supposed to herald in the launch of the new ATI Radeon series...you may want to wait and see what happens between the two giants before deciding. Not a fanboy either way...just always good to keep options open.

Anyways, while video card is very important...be sure to build your system around the motherboard and CPU combination. As long as the motherboard has good PCI-E support...the rest will fall into place as far as your video card is concerned. Be more interested in how the motherboards and CPU's stack out.

arcadeace
09-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Unfortunately you will find a lot of fanboyism; people wear their crowns. The 7800GT(X) has proven a superior performer in tests I€ve seen with Pacific Fighters. And I think its fair to say any driver issues of significance will be solved.

Having said this, IceFire€s advice is very good. Wait for all the reviews on the Fudo, especially applying to this sim if its what you€re most interested in. I think its also possible ATI may lower its suggested retail price to be more competitive with NV€s.

I know patience can be difficult but this is just around the corner. When everything is laid out you€ll be able to make an important decision (with your money) with no regrets.

p1ngu666
09-20-2005, 05:17 PM
the DFI lanparty series are really good mobos btw
well, my 939 one (which canbe haxed into a SLI one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif)

the card is good, i have a 6800ultra, so similer ...

just the driver issues, in perfect mode..

fordfan25
09-20-2005, 06:30 PM
to be honst one card is as good as the other. both ATI and nvidea has there pros and cons. thing i dont like so much about the new nvidia cards"my6800gt included" is thay do run hot and require a higth powerd PSU. the ATI cards are more effeciant it seems. also i would not recommend building a PC around just one game. just because nvidea is haveing driver prob's with PF now does not mean when the next great game you want comes out that ATI will not have driver issues with that game. in the mid priced cards as of right now id go with nvideas 6600gt 100% but higher end eah look for a deal. while one card may have an edge in current games its not such a gap as to mean the deffernce of haveing to or not to upgrade in the futer. personaly id wait and see what ATI has instore for you with the upcomeing cards.

LuftWulf190
09-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Just word of advice on the DFI 939 board. I would deffinatly be alittle warry of it. It is a fine board and, once its set up well its the fastest MoBo out there. Problem is, from what I have hard, that the bios can be a bit of a pain to set up, and the board is alittle picky on the producer of RAM. The DFI board just won' work well if you get "value select" RAM.

Personaly I would suggest getting an ASUS A8N-E SLI board. I used a A8N-E non-SLI for my first build and it has worked great so far. Now granted keep your options open and a word of caution. With the A8N boards the chipset fan that comes with them has been known to fail. Now I have heard that by now the problem should be fixed, and if its not then you could always RMA the board or contact ASUS for a replacment.

But in the end its all up to you. As for video cards I'd suggest waitings liek the others have suggested. I would also like to say that, while the 7800GTX is the meanest card around, no game on the market really requires that card in order to run well. IMOP I would go for a 6800Ultra, its like at least $100-200 cheaper then the 7800, and game performance wouldn't be hurt too much when compared between the two.

But then its your choice and your money.

L33T-Zoolander
09-23-2005, 03:05 AM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a280/RocketRobin__/Side.jpg

Good Hunting
Zoo

Miki40
09-23-2005, 07:03 AM
Nice, solid gear Zoo. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Do you want to give us the spec. as well? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
I have noticed the SLI bridge. Are they GT or GTX`s.
RAM banks full!. How much and what kind of memory do you have?

james_ander
09-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Hopefully, soon, I will be running this sim on a 7800GTX. I will be happy to post some benchmarks and comments. I have a preference for ATI, but went with the 7800GTX because I was not able to wait for the new lineup of ATI cards. They are supposed to be released in the next couple of weeks. Availability iand price are uncertain at this point. You might at least wait to see some benchmarks and decide for yourself if they are worth the wait. On the other hand, the GTX is proven to be a solid performer and prices continue to drop. I bought one fully aware of the driver issues. I expect they will be solved eventually. ATI cards had significant issues which were eventually sorted out in a driver update.

james_ander
09-23-2005, 08:22 PM
BTW, I will also be running a DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR. I'm a complete noooob. I let you know how it goes with a nooob setting up the bios and running ****e budget RAM.