PDA

View Full Version : Night missions in campaign mode?

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 04:33 PM
ive been playing a few missions in campaign mode and so far havnt had any night missions , i was wondering can you even get night missions on the campaign mode?

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 04:33 PM
ive been playing a few missions in campaign mode and so far havnt had any night missions , i was wondering can you even get night missions on the campaign mode?

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 04:44 PM
rarely, though sometimes

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 04:46 PM
What do you mean by "night missions"?

I have been plugging through many campaigns at the same time but last night I generated a new Leningrad 1942 campaign flying Hurris for the VVS.

The very first campaign was Jan 1, 1942 and it was 5 or 6 pm.

The sky was very overcast and it was quite dark; not black but dark grey.

We attacked the enemy base and the searchlights lit up and there were signal landing fires at each end of the runway.

Very cool.

Is this the type of mission you are looking for?

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://canflag.ptbcanadian.com/images/provincal/small.coat/crest.gif
</center>

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Good Question.

Have flown many campaign missions & don't think I have ever had a night one.

Also I very infrequently seem to get one in bad weather.

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 05:12 PM
Night missions happen if:

1. You fly level bomber career, He-111 or TB-3. It happens rather often.

2. You fly fighter career and your airfield is attacked by night bombers. Less often.

There are no night missions for ILs or Stukas.

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 05:32 PM
Night mission happened on me when I was flying Yak1 on Leningrad campaign - defend airfield from He-111 attack. It was very dark but as soon as the light hits the bomber its easy as day /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://jaih.optus.nu/img.php/mydesk3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 05:48 PM
Had one flying as the Fin's, had a number of 153's with some rats flying cover for them

made contact over the sea, and was able to sneak in under the cover and pick off most of the bombers, it was totally awsome, and very pretty to boot, as I broke away and headed home, I was able to watch the rats as they found the field , the spotlights were very well done

think I got a medal for that mission

HARD_Sarge