PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install into FB and AEP

Rodger1944
08-31-2006, 07:32 PM
After a long time of successful playing, I had some trouble with my original combined installation. As a result of this, I deleted all of my FB family of games.

I have now re-installed FB and AEP correctly and they are completely playable. When I try to install Pacific Fighters I am only given the option of installing as a stand alone game.

I completely Uninstalled both FB and AEP a second time then re-installed both products. Here again, I see that I have FB and AEP runnng Ok on my machine, but when I try to install Pacific Fighters, I'm only given the "stand alone" option.

I had the combined installation working - including the patches before on this same machine. I'm using the original factory disks.....

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Roger

JG52Uther
09-01-2006, 04:00 AM
Post this in the community help forum.You will get more help there.

VF-51-Dart
09-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Yep, you need to scroll down in your Add or Remove Programs list and find PF+FB+AEP and uninstall that. Then you're good to go to install PF merged. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Rodger1944
09-02-2006, 08:18 AM
I've finally gotten it up and running on a merged basis with all of the existing patches.

Although I thought I had already uninstalled everything, I found that I could further "uninstall" the combined installation using disk two of the PF package. Once I did that, I was able to re-install the completete, merged package.

Thanks to everyone for reading my problem and especially those that offered solutions.

Rodger

Snuffy Smith
09-02-2006, 11:13 AM
"Yep, you need to scroll down in your Add or Remove Programs list and find PF+FB+AEP and uninstall that. Then you're good to go to install PF merged. "

I'm having exactly the same problem as Roger1944. I've uninstalled everything (and, I mean everything, including residual folders and shortcuts)several times, but each time I attempt to install I get FB+Aces in OK, but then it will not allow me to merge PF into them. It seems to think PF is already installed or the others are not installed? Could anyone give me the steps to get this working again. I've called all the disks and patches ready in correct order, but I can't get past PF. Help!

NHawk52
09-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Try running CCleaner (ccleaner.com). Use it for uninstalling, then "clean", then run the "issues" module. That will insure that everything is uninstalled as well as having the registry cleaned of any leftover entries.

Snuffy Smith
09-02-2006, 10:44 PM
"Try running CCleaner (ccleaner.com). Use it for uninstalling, then "clean", then run the "issues" module. That will insure that everything is uninstalled as well as having the registry cleaned of any leftover entries.?"

I have no idea what this means or how to do it.

I am now unable to play the game at all. I got a new PC, and, on install, I got the error message when I reached PF of "Fail to complete install." I've deleted everything in detail and started over from scratch with IL2-FB. I've bought multple copies of this game to support it. I have carefully followed the installation instructions. I have the correct sequence of disks and patches to install, but every attempt to install fails at PF. It shows either that PF is already installed or that FB+Aces are not installed. I cannot even get to the patches.

I have been a member of this community for a long time and have supported it with multiple purchases of the game, but now I find myself unable to play it at all.

I went over to compUSA, and they said they could install it for $170--2 hours estimated labor. Is that my only option?