PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby procedure?

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 02:47 PM
I'm new to online gaming so,, when in Hyperlobby, do I just pick a game and join? Do I have to chat when playing? Anything else I should know about protocol?

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 02:47 PM
I'm new to online gaming so,, when in Hyperlobby, do I just pick a game and join? Do I have to chat when playing? Anything else I should know about protocol?

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 02:50 PM
If you right-click on games (on the left side) you can see difficulty settings and who's there.

Once in the game just respect the host's briefing but otherwise it's the same as flying offline except some people may chat a bit and send 'S!' when they kill each other. I reserve those S!'s for kills I respect (as opposed to someone flying into me).

Some servers are "Scripted" and will display "Red 18/20 Blue 20/22" counts, which are the planes/pilots still available to each army. There's also other things displayed, and upon defeat of one side the map will rotate/reload to a new one.

Have fun!

<p align="center"> http://www.1stclassproperties.ca/mr/Spit.jpg
Tongue-tied & twisted,
just an earthbound misfit,
I.
</CENTER>
</p>

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 02:57 PM
Yes, just pick your game and join, if you want to fly in one of the Virtuel Online War servers you have to be a member of a squadron.
No, you don't have to chat, but it makes the game a little more fun.

Protocol? Depends on the servers.

Some don't like strafing at aerodromes, some find it as natural as in real life during WW2, if the server say don't then don't (or do it just to prove a point)
Shooting people in parashutes, well, that's up to you, just remember you're shooting at a defenceless man regardless of what others say.

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks, for the info!!

Regards
MarkZ

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 03:09 PM
jmmoric wrote:
- Yes, just pick your game and join, if you want to
- fly in one of the Virtuel Online War servers you
- have to be a member of a squadron.

Well, in VOW you don't need to be exactly in a squadron beforehand, if you want to try it out you can also join the RED and BLUE Freelancer squadrons until you have decided if you want to stay and join a regular squadron. But for the stats to function, you need to register to VOW (for free naturally). Here is a link for more info:

http.//www.vow-hp.com

<p align="center">http://hometown.aol.de/Deathbrng/Sigfinal.jpg</p><p align="center">'Hmmm? I wonder what the red button is for........'</p><p align="center">HL Nick = BLUE_Schnitter</p>

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Der_Schnitter_t wrote:
-
- Well, in VOW you don't need to be exactly in a
- squadron beforehand, if you want to try it out you
- can also join the RED and BLUE Freelancer squadrons
- until you have decided if you want to stay and join
- a regular squadron. But for the stats to function,
- you need to register to VOW (for free naturally).
- Here is a link for more info:

Thanks, I didn't know that... I haven't played on VOW yet, since I'm looking for a squadron allowing both sides.

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 03:56 PM
How do you chat??

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 03:57 PM
jmmoric wrote:
- Der_Schnitter_t wrote:
--
-- Well, in VOW you don't need to be exactly in a
-- squadron beforehand, if you want to try it out you
-- can also join the RED and BLUE Freelancer squadrons
-- until you have decided if you want to stay and join
-- a regular squadron. But for the stats to function,
-- you need to register to VOW (for free naturally).
-- Here is a link for more info:
-
- Thanks, I didn't know that... I haven't played on
- VOW yet, since I'm looking for a squadron allowing
- both sides.
-
-

I don't think that you will find a squadron flying for both the red and blue sides. The only choice would be to either fly in two squads (which might end up in trouble, because of the times flying and such) or you pick one side. But as I said you can try join one of the freelancer squadrons. To do that you must Register an account. For your pilotname you must then either choose BLUE_XXXXXXX or RED_XXXXXXXX where you substitue your Nickname for the XXXXXXXX. Then you send a request to join a squadron to either the BLUE or RED one (whichever one you chose) and wait for the confirmation. After the confirmation you can play in VOW and your stats will be adjusted after the VOW missions you flew in were reported.

Oh, and one more thing, at least in BLUE Freelancer squad most try to fly like the people did back in WWII, that means life (yours and that of your wingmen) is paramount, mission goals is second. That doesn't mean that you should go off and not try to fulfill the mission, but you should look that you help wingmen first.

<p align="center">http://hometown.aol.de/Deathbrng/Sigfinal.jpg</p><p align="center">'Hmmm? I wonder what the red button is for........'</p><p align="center">HL Nick = BLUE_Schnitter</p>