PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Questions for the Dev Team

Ubi.LevelUp
07-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Sup everyone,

I'm Clarence, your Community Developer for Shaun White Snowboarding. I sit with the talented developers in the Montreal Studios and I'm watching the game grow day after day. I'm very excited to be here as I share with you videos, downloadable goodies, event coverage, and more importantly: keep you involved with the process. We have many plans focused on the community, so I hope you're prepared for a fun ride.

I'd like to start by opening up any questions you may have for the Next Gen & Wii versions of Shaun White Snowboarding. I'll grab some of the best questions and directly ask the development team for you.

ktm524
07-23-2008, 12:35 PM
I was wondering, are the rails and boxes within the park sections going to have little jumps/kickers to get up onto them, because from the video's I have seen,the character will be able to jump onto a box thats higher then he is?

thanks

Frozen_Nature1
07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
im with ktm. your going for realism. make it look real.

also is the snow going to be any better looking because right now its definately nothing new compared to previous snowboard games. very flat. almost no texture. even when you ride through it there appears to be no cuts or trails or any signs that you had even ridden there.

really you guys need to work on the park section a whole lot more and have landings to the big park jumps. in real life if you hit a 40 foot booter and land on flat your going to blow out your legs.

Make me believe that shaun is working side by side with you guys because right now it doesnt look it at all.

Ermac2008
07-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Looks like level up got fed up with the R6 community and high tailed it over to some snow boarding game.

ktm524
07-24-2008, 08:43 AM
i was just thinking, because theres obviousley gonna be tonnes of Burton stuff in the game, (bindings, clothing, boards etc) are the burton bindings that have capstraps in real life gonna have them in the game, or just have the normal toe strap? it would be a sick detail that would make the game so much more realistic

GN.Tharduz
07-24-2008, 11:38 AM
That's really cool you dev guys keep interacting with the fans. It's better then letting us just watch and speculate 'till we drop.

Question:
Is there by any chance an option in the game to tweak our boards perfomances. Like, sharpening the edges for turns or just rag them off for rails?
Same for the bindings, can we adjust our stances. Duckstand for tricking and normal stances for freeriding (for example). If so, will it change the way you ride?

DCfreak27
07-24-2008, 02:37 PM
i was wondering if/when is there going to be a demo for the xbox 360. and also you need to work on your landing and kickers alot more it looks like.

vbobo
07-24-2008, 04:57 PM
This is awesome that you guys are doing this but my main question I've always wanted to know is.

You guys say open mountains and do whatever we want, well online when we play with friends in a server and stuff, once we reach the bottom of the run will it end up like amped and say nice run or somethinghttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. Or will it give us the chance to get off our boards with the off board add on and be able to move around and catch a lift back up to the side of the mountain we want to go. You guys are saying its all about realism so i want to know if thats available because thats probably the biggest thing im looking into .

P-DRIZZLE
07-24-2008, 05:00 PM
crashing if you jump from too high, please tell me you will? and special stuff for "pros"?

slideonmtns
07-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for taking our questions.

I agree that snowboarders shouldn't be able to land jumps in the flat, but something else I saw in some of the videos was people landing jumps 90 degrees on their downhill edge and not falling. When in real life you would have fallen really hard.

So, my question is: "Are the landings going to become more realistic (harder) in the final game?"

Skate showed that a realistic game can sell, so please give it to us.

P-DRIZZLE
07-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by slideonmtns:
Thanks for taking our questions.

I agree that snowboarders shouldn't be able to land jumps in the flat, but something else I saw in some of the videos was people landing jumps 90 degrees on their downhill edge and not falling. When in real life you would have fallen really hard.

So, my question is: "Are the landings going to become more realistic (harder) in the final game?"

Skate showed that a realistic game can sell, so please give it to us. way to take everything I said and make it 10x better! haha I agree very much!

Ermac2008
07-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by GN.Tharduz:
That's really cool you dev guys keep interacting with the fans. It's better then letting us just watch and speculate 'till we drop.

It dosen't mean anything, they leave you in the dark later on.

Burton_Ride
07-25-2008, 12:12 AM
first off thanks for communicating with the fans and now onto the question

1. Can you guys get in night riding?

2. Will different kinds of bindings have different straps ie. toe straps, regualar of foot straps

jtsang93
07-25-2008, 12:47 AM
Hey guys I was looking at one of the videos and and im almost sure that I saw cap straps.

NEFFkid
07-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Are there going to be a lot of different companies? Burton stuff isn't my style, a lot of real snowboarders like me are into Technine, NEFF, Nomis, Stepchild, Dragon, 32, 686, etc. Also if this game isn't more realistic, enough to where you feel like you ride your board like any other day. Then this game will come to a big flop like the Tony Hawks games end up.(watch some snowboard vids)

Frozen_Nature1
07-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Burton_Ride:
first off thanks for communicating with the fans and now onto the question

1. Can you guys get in night riding?

2. Will different kinds of bindings have different straps ie. toe straps, regualar of foot straps

Burton, to make you sig show up put the link in between this tag your link

NEFFkid
07-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Also are you going to be able to drive a snow-cat and create your own jump setup?

Is SPT (Snow Park Technologies) going to be in the game? That would be Kool.
Like add the snow spork and have a shovel for building kickers in the backcountry. And be able to access these tools from the backpack.

http://www.snowparktech.com/info/tools.asp#Snow_Spork

And all the snow-cats will be accessable in their garage at the bottom of the hill.

Burton_Ride
07-25-2008, 04:20 PM
thanks

Frozen_Nature1
07-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by NEFFkid:
Also are you going to be able to drive a snow-cat and create your own jump setup?

Is SPT (Snow Park Technologies) going to be in the game? That would be Kool.
Like add the snow spork and have a shovel for building kickers in the backcountry. And be able to access these tools from the backpack.

http://www.snowparktech.com/info/tools.asp#Snow_Spork

And all the snow-cats will be accessable in their garage at the bottom of the hill.

that would be def be sick. we can only hope. i would be more than happy if they made this game a snowboard sim. but i guess they are trying to attract the ssx audience to so.

burtonsnow14
07-26-2008, 01:16 AM
in one of the videos in the first person view they did a 360 and the camera didn't follow around ,will that be fixed?

SuperDutch1982
07-26-2008, 05:11 AM
I hope you will make the game more difficult and realistic.
Because in the movies I saw them doing al kind of spins and tricks without any kicker or something.
We don't want an Amped 4.

EDIT: What's gona be the exact release date?

vbobo
07-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by SuperDutch1982:
Because in the movies I saw them doing al kind of spins and tricks without any kicker or something.

Exactly what he said above. We don't want an amped 4 out, just with the name Shaun White's Snowboarding. We want a new SOCIAL game with the snowboarding and all those aspects in it. Hopefully we get it and this feels like a real trip out to europe or the states.

P-DRIZZLE
07-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by samtronswt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SuperDutch1982:

Exactly what he said above. We don't want an amped 4 out, just with the name Shaun White's Snowboarding. We want a new SOCIAL game with the snowboarding and all those aspects in it. Hopefully we get it and this feels like a real trip out to europe or the states. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly what they both said, I could do without a game that influences me NOT to snowboard (due to unrealistic features), such as the Amped games

slideonmtns
07-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Are you going to have the snowboarder pee his pants when he goes down a steep chute for the first time?

burtonsnow14
07-27-2008, 05:05 AM
will that lag in the multiplayer be better in the final version?

snowboarding101
07-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by P-DRIZZLE:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samtronswt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SuperDutch1982:

Exactly what he said above. We don't want an amped 4 out, just with the name Shaun White's Snowboarding. We want a new SOCIAL game with the snowboarding and all those aspects in it. Hopefully we get it and this feels like a real trip out to europe or the states. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly what they both said, I could do without a game that influences me NOT to snowboard (due to unrealistic features), such as the Amped games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I know how many people already said this but it helps get the point across, the game isn't looking as realistic as people would like as of the videos that are out.

ktm524
07-28-2008, 07:32 PM
the biggest thing would be kickers for the rails and landing for the booters....

and fix the first person... it doesn't look like a first person view at all

if you look at mx vs atv untamed's first person, you can tell when theres movement...

here its just kinda like a fixed camera

snowboarding101
07-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by ktm524:
the biggest thing would be kickers for the rails and landing for the booters....

and fix the first person... it doesn't look like a first person view at all

if you look at mx vs atv untamed's first person, you can tell when theres movement...

here its just kinda like a fixed camera

Great point, the jumps and boxes could use a some retuning.
I haven't seen any first person gameplay but definitely agree that mx vs atv untamed has an insane first person camera, if it looks anything like that it would be sick.

ColoredSnow123
07-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Will you be able to ride with your jacket unzipped? Half zipped? Fully zipped? (For hot laps in the park, backcountry, looks)

Can you make jackets longer? Pants baggier? Layer shirts a little longer under your jacket for a look? Wear baggie hoodies? Adjust how your toe strap goes on your boot to how it does in real life?

Can you pick the type of hat you wanna wear from beanie, to hats, to bandanas or no hats?

Can you wear your goggles and take them off or wear them on your head?

Can you wear airblaster leashes if they sponsor the game?

Can you choose blue goggle lenses? Or Mirror? or Clear? or Tan? or Green?

Are taking gloves off an option?

Can you take that backpack off and maybe stick it in a locker in a challet/lodge?

Do you film and upload to a laptop and edit on your laptop?

Can you adjust board settings? stance, edges, foot angles?

Are bindings adjustable? as in heel and or toe lift?

FreeRide2
07-30-2008, 10:40 PM
i completely 100% agree with the comments regarding realism with this game. I have to say this game is looking good and the visuals are beautiful. I wish that this game can be a full blown out SIM though. I guess in the end it will be how you play the game. Some will play realstic some will play like morons. i just wish you had no choice but to play realistic.

jtsang93
08-01-2008, 12:24 AM
heel and toe lift is kinda far.. but it adds realism... just like tuning and detuning your edges. And yeah I hope airblasters in this... I doubt it though. Too me image is an important aspect in snowboarding, those black nylon pants and barely water proof jacket just dont cut it. Baggy, tight, semi baggy, off your *** baggy, boot cut (flare out), you know showing one binding and not the other. Okay thats kinda far oh yeah that scale thing sounds good but Im pretty sure it wont be able to cover all of those pant styles...what am I talking about yeah it will... whatever. Good questions guys, realism is whats most important.

this is my real question: DO you think you guys can give us a list of some of the brands sponsoring so far?

DirtyJerzy
08-01-2008, 11:58 PM
sorry to spoil ur fun i have a question but i no these jerk offs prob never look at this just tryin to make use or imaginations and have fun.

Q:Are u guys ganna change the park and the slopes? b/c i mean all the ski resorts i wen to there arn't random kickers sittin in the open on the slopes so i think u guys should make a park that runs down the a slope of a resort in the game and put boxes, hand rails,rainbow rails,battle ships,etc....and with kickrs to get on then with and wit the rails make the player slide on the rail not get locked in on one trick and have to switch that is SSX crap no1 wants....And in the park set up so booters and huge kickrs with landings so we dont break or legs. now that would be a sweet park.

hopefully u ubi ppl found this help full and u will take this into consideration b/c i think i all these guys here were tryin to pass this point thanks ktm i got the landings from u man so thanks for some ideas to tell ubi

DirtyJerzy
08-02-2008, 12:01 AM
slideonmtns my b bro thank u for the landings idea my bad bro dont hold me against it haha

jtsang93
08-02-2008, 02:23 AM
Yeah ditz we need some more variety like down rails, battleship rails, and the worst part was the 6 foot high butter box, where the guy just hops on come on guys realistic my ***, and same with the damn first person cam how the hell is it first person if you dont even spin when you 360 or 180 what ever.

DirtyJerzy
08-02-2008, 08:18 AM
thanks jt for agreein wit me it is good to find a forum that has ppl that want the same realism as me

DirtyJerzy
08-02-2008, 08:20 AM
i say that jumpin on to rails is off limits unless u r hittin the kickr in front or it is a down rail an u can hit it from a lip on the side a little pass the kicker

snowboarding101
08-02-2008, 03:14 PM
YES, im so glad more people are thinking the way i am, more realism.

tza1982
08-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Hmm i had quite high hopes for this game...
I'm a little disapointed at how choppy all the movment looks.
Snowboarding in powder is quite gracefull and fluent but this looks like cool boarders all over again.They sould really thing about redoing the snow phisics powder should be floaty and should have way better spray effects , the slopes should be crisper like in a morning park.Please ,Please ,please get rid of the floaty "powder"
polygon. Setting a colision point on the ankel and calling it powder isn't verry next gen now is it...Take a look at sega rally with its track defomation that would look way better than this. I know it's a little late in the game and i don't know why shawn didnt point all this out.I can barly play assasins creed on my 42" tv the frame rates just too choppy.

Come on everyone!!
post your name and tell them that we all want this fixed

post your name

Anon92
08-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by tza1982:
Hmm i had quite high hopes for this game...
Snowboarding in powder is quite gracefull and fluent but this looks like cool boarders all over again.They sould really thing about redoing the snow phisics powder should be floaty and should have way better spray effects , the slopes should be crisper like in a morning park.Please ,Please ,please get rid of the floaty "powder"
polygon. Setting a colision point on the ankel and calling it powder isn't verry next gen now is it...Take a look at sega rally with its track defomation that would look way better than this. I know it's a little late in the game and i don't know why shawn didnt point all this out.I can barly play assasins creed on my 42" tv the frame rates just too choppy.

Come on everyone!!
post your name and tell them that we all want this fixed

post your name well the videos you have seen are from an E3 <span class="ev_code_RED">DEMO</span> and the demo is not a final copy by any means, just a preview, sneak peak, teaser, shall I go on...? I mean seriously guys, you all are crapping yourselves over a demo " oh man this game is crappy, oh man the park isn't perfect yet, oh man the powder doesn't look perfect, oh man I've got this "great" idea where you have rail jams in the city, oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man..." seriously guys, I think it's about time we look forward to a game and not sit for the next several months criticizing it, because I bet you $100 that anything that you say has already been thought of and they are working on it... thanks for reading my vent, haha

DirtyJerzy
08-04-2008, 05:05 PM
anon dont affend me just b/c we have ideas like the rail jam i said they made this forum to use or imagination and come up with good ideas so just lets us do that even no u dont agree with everything we say thank u

tza1982
08-05-2008, 01:46 AM
ANON

I'm not critizing the game and i am looking forward to it. I just wanted to point out how most snowboarders feel about games these days.
How many time have you seen a game engine change
a great deal for demo to shelf? The phisics i'm talking about should have been done right at the start.I never said the game was crap!

cheers

CDA_RabidDog
08-05-2008, 08:56 AM
lol tza1982 your not criticizing my ****, did you read your previous comment, probably not.

"Hmm i had quite high hopes for this game...
polygon. Setting a colision point on the ankel and calling it powder isn't verry next gen now is it...Take a look at sega rally with its track defomation that would look way better than this" lol thats hardly pointing out how most snowboarders feel about games these days is it. thats your personal ***** about the game.

nice point anon92 but a little unfair to just single out tza1982 theres been a few ppl just constantly moaning lately on these forums one more then the rest though eh dirtyjerzy.

theres ways to go about things isnt there. your poor way which is to ***** about it and say sort it or we wont by the game or the better way make a good topic and word it better thers criticism and contructive criticism you sadly fall under the previous. you can express your concerns but in a positive way its just your all negative mate and its quite demoralising

Anon92
08-05-2008, 09:04 AM
that is a very good point!

CDA_RabidDog
08-05-2008, 09:14 AM
cheers mate, i just think we got a few types of ppl in here, everyone claims to be a boarder and im not denying that but how old are they coz so far im getting the idea its mainly kids writing on here

DirtyJerzy
08-05-2008, 09:58 AM
tru that CDA im a pain in the a$$ haha

Anon92
08-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by CDA_RabidDog:
cheers mate, i just think we got a few types of ppl in here, everyone claims to be a boarder and im not denying that but how old are they coz so far im getting the idea its mainly kids writing on here I'll be honest, I have only snowboarded for 4 (almost 5 )years now, I don't ride a hell of a lot, but I take a few laps in the parks when I am in the mountains, hopefully I will get to take the big trip out west sometime soon, any suggestions of where to go??? (cheaper the better)

DirtyJerzy
08-05-2008, 12:03 PM
yea im only 14 been snowboarding for 8 years my family and i go out west every winter or to lake placid/whiteface(up state New York) or mount tremblant(montreal,canada)been to jackson hole(wyoming) snowbird(utah) Elk(pennsylvania) Mountain creek(New Jersey)Gore(up state new york) cammelback(pennylvainia) Waterville Valley (New Hampshire)
lol got carried away i have been to all these places most of them more than once so anon i recommend jackson hole if u like powder i mean i only snowboarded one day b/c i got my appendix removed a week b4 but it was rly nice and i also recommend Mount Tremblant in Canada they have a great park a beginner side and expert side snowbird is rly great too but there r so many other mountains to choose from so just look at good mountains and goods hotel prices hope u find 1. And shawnee(pennsylvainia)

Anon92
08-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by DirtyJerzy:
yea im only 14 been snowboarding for 8 years my family and i go out west every winter or to lake placid/whiteface(up state New York) or mount tremblant(montreal,canada)been to jackson hole(wyoming) snowbird(utah) Elk(pennsylvania) Mountain creek(New Jersey)Gore(up state new york) cammelback(pennylvainia) Waterville Valley (New Hampshire)
lol got carried away i have been to all these places most of them more than once so anon i recommend jackson hole if u like powder i mean i only snowboarded one day b/c i got my appendix removed a week b4 but it was rly nice and i also recommend Mount Tremblant in Canada they have a great park a beginner side and expert side snowbird is rly great too but there r so many other mountains to choose from so just look at good mountains and goods hotel prices hope u find 1. And shawnee(pennsylvainia) thats awsome! wen't up to Big Boulder and Jack Frost in PA last March and it was pretty cool, because it would snow really hard for like an hour and then the sun would come back out, right as it was getting really cold... But yeah, other than that it has been Snowshoe Mtn. and Silver creek in WV, got a question about riding deep powder... I have a k2 Fuse 155 (park board) thats kinda big for my body weight, what would I have to change on the board for it to be comfortable on the powder? or could I get away not changing it if I were going to be in the park later?

tza1982
08-05-2008, 01:14 PM
ohh dear...

I didn't mean to turn this place in to a whine box.There tons of great suff in the game.I mearly didnt point them out because i wanted to keep it short and wanted to express om feelings on the engine.

no ill will intended towards the dev team.

cheers

XxLDCxX
08-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey Anon you said you wanted to go west to snowboard? Try going to snowmass in colorado. Its up near the aspen area.

Anon92
08-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by XxLDCxX:
Hey Anon you said you wanted to go west to snowboard? Try going to snowmass in colorado. Its up near the aspen area. ya, is that place expensive?

XxLDCxX
08-05-2008, 01:52 PM
In the recent years its been around 60-70 dollars per day for riding the mountain. I dont know about hotel costs though. There are mountains all over colorado though, you should check out snowmass though, its a pretty fun run.

DirtyJerzy
08-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Anon92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DirtyJerzy:
lol got carried away i have been to all these places most of them more than once so anon i recommend jackson hole if u like powder i mean i only snowboarded one day b/c i got my appendix removed a week b4 but it was rly nice and i also recommend Mount Tremblant in Canada they have a great park a beginner side and expert side snowbird is rly great too but there r so many other mountains to choose from so just look at good mountains and goods hotel prices hope u find 1. And shawnee(pennsylvainia) thats awsome! wen't up to Big Boulder and Jack Frost in PA last March and it was pretty cool, because it would snow really hard for like an hour and then the sun would come back out, right as it was getting really cold... But yeah, other than that it has been Snowshoe Mtn. and Silver creek in WV, got a question about riding deep powder... I have a k2 Fuse 155 (park board) thats kinda big for my body weight, what would I have to change on the board for it to be comfortable on the powder? or could I get away not changing it if I were going to be in the park later? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anon where is the board on u b/c like the standard ranger of size is from the chin to the nose. But if i where i would get a tune up b4 u hit the powder so u have some nice shape edges it will just help a lot.

Frozen_Nature1
08-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by DirtyJerzy:
Anon where is the board on u b/c like the standard ranger of size is from the chin to the nose. But if i where i would get a tune up b4 u hit the powder so u have some nice shape edges it will just help a lot.

board size has nothing to do with height of the rider despite what the "experienced" staff at sportsmart tell you.

DirtyJerzy
08-05-2008, 02:41 PM
at the ski shop i went to they said size is between chin and nose just sayin wzat i heard

DirtyJerzy
08-05-2008, 02:41 PM
from the place i shop at they said between the chin and nose

Anon92
08-05-2008, 03:06 PM
yeah, but I'm like a rail so when there is powder ontop of ice, I tend to get bounced around quite a bit, did a faceplant last time I went snowboarding at Snowshoe, BTW The board I posted with my other account is the Green and Yellow GREEN MACHINE, so be sure to vote on it, and preferably a good vote, lol

ColoredSnow123
08-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I snowboard, and no Im not that young. I am 21, and Im really into this game because Ive been dying for a good snowboard game since I was like 12 that was realistic. From the days of cool boarders on ps1. Here is living proof of me, no this isn't my best **** because this is a promo video or teaser for our real video we have out at our shop. Yes I am sponsored, yes I am a real person very into snowboarding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIFV1n3ZVxU

Also, people tell young kids that board size is about height between chin and nose because a lot of times kids cant control anything bigger and will over power something smaller. As you get older you will learn that board size isn't any longer really about length (unless if your into powder maybe, but I haven't really done that before) but its more about your weight once you start getting in the 130 or 140 weight area. Because boards more so handle your weight not your height once you get older and gain more muscle. You will learn that a longer board will give you more speed for jumps, but a shorter board is better for rails. Im 5'10 and I ride a 153 in park and on handrails, and a 155 for jumps.

Regardless Im just here on these forums because I want to see this be a success. That new video on ign of this game was super sick and I can't wait for it to come out and play online!

Frozen_Nature1
08-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ColoredSnow123:
I snowboard, and no Im not that young. I am 21, and Im really into this game because Ive been dying for a good snowboard game since I was like 12 that was realistic. From the days of cool boarders on ps1. Here is living proof of me, no this isn't my best **** because this is a promo video or teaser for our real video we have out at our shop. Yes I am sponsored, yes I am a real person very into snowboarding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIFV1n3ZVxU

Also, people tell young kids that board size is about height between chin and nose because a lot of times kids cant control anything bigger and will over power something smaller. As you get older you will learn that board size isn't any longer really about length (unless if your into powder maybe, but I haven't really done that before) but its more about your weight once you start getting in the 130 or 140 weight area. Because boards more so handle your weight not your height once you get older and gain more muscle. You will learn that a longer board will give you more speed for jumps, but a shorter board is better for rails. Im 5'10 and I ride a 153 in park and on handrails, and a 155 for jumps.

Regardless Im just here on these forums because I want to see this be a success. That new video on ign of this game was super sick and I can't wait for it to come out and play online!
i recognize that yellow down box. buckhill? wait haha. you ride for zombie??

DirtyJerzy
08-05-2008, 11:26 PM
yo color can u recomend a good light park board for me just give me the brand and model or any1 i mean my dad lets me buy basicly w/e board i want so any of u guys help me with a park board that is light and some dope bindings thanks

Insistor
08-06-2008, 04:57 AM
Where's the 'Answers from Dev Team' thread?

ColoredSnow123
08-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Yea that big yellow box is infact buck hill, although I ride mostly hyland now. Yes I do ride for zombie. How'd you know that? You from around here?

To answer the one kids question about a good light park board well that depends for one on a few things. How much do you weigh, how tall are you? As well as where you are shopping. For one you said your dad is giving you whatever you want so step 1 is find your most local shop, and by shop, I dont mean zumiez or sportsmart, if I give you a suggestion you need to go to a core shop and support the hell out of them. Why? Because they are the ones that put money into your local scene and hill/mountain for comps, park stuff, events, specials, they hook it up, so hook them up. Zumiez and all that use your money for their own employees to go to colorado for "making sales." too bad most of those idiots dont even know the first thing about a heelside carve.

But once you figure out your local shop, figure out what brand of snowboard your into. Personally Id say go to a DC board, a signal, a nitro, or k2. They all kinda offer some of the best stuff. If you go with signal their next years park series deck is really sick. One of my best friends rides for them and he loves it, its really light and poppy. Any of DCs boards next year are amazing. Im riding DC stuff next year I think for sure, all of their boards are amazing. K2 the WWW is always a favorite (make sure you dont get the rocker one, trust me, it feels like riding a broken board, yes you can press higher because of it, but you will eat it on jumps for the most part). Nitro the big park one is the T1, thats what Im riding in that video and they aren't bad boards at all, I often break them though but Im really rough on my boards and weigh around 160. But I like them a lot, Ive been on a T1 for like 4 years now.

As far as bindings go, FLUX's are so sick, get the super titans and you can't really go wrong. K2 has that auto toe strap system thing and those are super sick. Rome makes a solid binding. I guess it really depends what your into, some will be stiffer, some will be heavier or lighter, some will cost you, but you definitely get what you pay for so don't be afraid to do so!

Just remember, if your getting into park, the board isn't what makes you good at snowboarding, it definitely helps to have a board that is a little smaller or lighter for sure, the biggest thing I'd look for too is to make sure your board is twin tip or twin directional. Twin tip is when your centered, you have even nose and even tail and its good for going either way (switch or reg) after a rail or jump. Twin directional has a 1 inch set back (most park boards do) and I don't really honestly know why that is, I think its for the speed thing for jumps, the 1 inch set back doesn't put you directly in the middle but an inch back so your weight is shifted for speed, but trust me, you wont notice the difference.

Bindings make sure if you have big feet they have toe and heel lifts so you dont have toe drap at all on those carves. You may not know yet but sometimes you land toe or heel heavy, and it does happen if you have bigger feet where you will slide your toes and eat it from drag on the snow (trust me, this will annoy you when learning a trick and you keep stomping it but land toe heavy and eat it every time).

THe #1 thing you should worry about though, is boots. If anything, drop all your pretty penny's on boots, if your feet are cold, cramped, in any way uncomfortable, you will be ****ed off and hate snowboarding! Trust me, comfort is the most important thing with snowboarding and too many kids are willing to drop 500 on a deck, but only 75 on boots. Drop the 300 on boots before you spend a ton on a deck, make sure your feet are well taken care of because it will definitely show in your riding style and everything.

Thats a lot of info but if you go to a core shop, I promise they should know more, be very inviting and welcoming and helpful with you finding your snow stuff, zumiez wont tell you anything, they'll think everything is rad and tell you that and support any decision you make, even if its stupid. So find your local core shop, shop around, ask around, get suggestions from them, and just do your research man, it will pay off tons in the end. Thats a lot of info, sorry guys, just helping the kid out.

Anyways about the game haha... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DirtyJerzy
08-06-2008, 11:07 AM
thanks man for all that info ill deff take it into consideration. 1 problem sice im still growing my parents make me rent boots but they r alright for rentals. But thanks for all the board info

BRADY_IS_NECKED
08-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Is there going to be ragdoll? and if not why not?

Anon92
08-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by BRADY_IS_NECKED:
Is there going to be ragdoll? and if not why not? what's a ragdoll?

Frozen_Nature1
08-06-2008, 10:29 PM
he means a ragdoll effect when you fall. like skate. instead of breaking his fall he just goes limp when he falls.

WhiteKnight77
08-07-2008, 12:44 AM
This is an example of ragdoll physics.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee196/ydoow/twister.jpg?t=1207011821

jogojoe
08-07-2008, 02:56 AM
My question is will the ps3 or xbox 360 versions have split screen multiplayer either 2 or 4 player for offline. I have seen a lot of news on the online but non on the offline I know that the wii version has split screen but the wii version isnt really my style.

Anon92
08-07-2008, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Frozen_Nature1:
he means a ragdoll effect when you fall. like skate. instead of breaking his fall he just goes limp when he falls. oh god thats annoying, no recovery system at all, like in skate, your not even going fast and you catch the very edge of the sidewalk, get popped up into the air and land feet first on the ground and then keel over forwards... what I would like to see is a somewhat controllable ragdoll, unlike Amped 3

ColoredSnow123
08-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I wanna know as well as offline multiplayer, can multiple people play on 1 console online together. I think thats the best thing ever. Its so nice when a friend comes over we don't have to beat the same bull**** over and over, we can both hop online. Im curious too if you can beat the game with 2 players, cuz it makes sense to do that. But also online together to beat stuff? It'd be pretty nice for filming and what not to point out a place to your buddy instead of explaining it over the mics.

I also wanna know how the mics are gonna work, because you guys said 16 to 32 person servers, thats a lot of chatter for a game. Can you only talk to people your close to or on the chair with? That'd be kinda cool so you don't have to listen to people like in skate that non stop are just like "oh, that was sick" "oh man I just tre flip back tailed this bar" "oh Im killing it" although thats not really common you come across those people here and there. If you guys get a 32 person server thats intense for the mics most likely.

XxLDCxX
08-08-2008, 10:17 AM
^^ I agree, i want to also know this. lol

Frozen_Nature1
08-08-2008, 11:14 AM
in one of the videos the DEV said that it will be proximity chat with in the game but then you can have packs or groups so to speak and invite who ever you want into the chat.

Mendell
08-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Ermac2008:
Looks like level up got fed up with the R6 community and high tailed it over to some snow boarding game.
Well Ubi.LevelUp wasn't doing anything there anyway except announcing (hyping) patches that didn't correct anything and fan pack. Once released, he never came back to interact with the R6 community until he had to do another announcement (hype as noobisoft likes it)

ktm524
08-09-2008, 09:38 AM
yea, we need offline multiplayer...
it would still be fun to shred the mountain with a friends on the same system...

niles88
08-09-2008, 04:27 PM
yeah i saw the e3 demo i just want the falls to be better than just falling and getting right back up. and show a pic like if u hurt u back or neck w/e

niles88
08-09-2008, 04:31 PM
oo yeah and the jumps onto the rails were not reall looking it was too much just want it to be more real

ktm524
08-10-2008, 05:52 PM
in the ps magazine it says that there will be competitive and co-op multiplayer challenges... will this be on split screen as well?

P-DRIZZL3
08-11-2008, 02:53 PM
in the ps magazine it says that there will be competitive and co-op multiplayer challenges... will this be on split screen as well? oh really? that will be pretty nice, might take a long time to load the map for 2 people but it should be do-able!

Should I get a Ktm 125sx or 125exc?

ktm524
08-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by P-DRIZZL3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ktm524:
in the ps magazine it says that there will be competitive and co-op multiplayer challenges... will this be on split screen as well? oh really? that will be pretty nice, might take a long time to load the map for 2 people but it should be do-able!

Should I get a Ktm 125sx or 125exc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends... if you are doing trail riding, the exc, but if you are racing mx, than the sx... i got a 250f this year and it's siick... ive ridden both the 250 f and the 125, and i like the 250f better.. its easier to ride, especially if you are a beginner... btw im around the same age as you... i think (15)

no matter what bike you get, make sure you take care of it... like basic maintenance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

P-DRIZZL3
08-11-2008, 06:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P-DRIZZL3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ktm524:

It depends... if you are doing trail riding, the exc, but if you are racing mx, than the sx... i got a 250f this year and it's siick... ive ridden both the 250 f and the 125, and i like the 250f better.. its easier to ride, especially if you are a beginner... btw im around the same age as you... i think (15)

no matter what bike you get, make sure you take care of it... like basic maintenance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah man! I think I might go for the 125exc, wish I could get a 4 stroke though, lol, gotta keep my eyes on the classifieds for a used one, though Ktm's around here seems to be well taken care of by owners http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ktm524
08-12-2008, 05:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P-DRIZZL3:

no matter what bike you get, make sure you take care of it... like basic maintenance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah man! I think I might go for the 125exc, wish I could get a 4 stroke though, lol, gotta keep my eyes on the classifieds for a used one, though Ktm's around here seems to be well taken care of by owners http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol yea 4 bangers (strokes lol)are the way to go

depending on where you live, the exc would probably be good for you... it is good for trail riding (suspension's softer and such) but you can still take it to a track if you want

ktm524
08-12-2008, 06:00 AM
btw the mag also said that the parks were designed by Chris Gunnarson (x games parks from 1997 to 2006) with the help of Todd Richards, and he said that he played the japanese park and it was amazing and realistic and epic lol

so it looks promising http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

P-DRIZZL3
08-12-2008, 09:37 AM
btw the mag also said that the parks were designed by Chris Gunnarson (x games parks from 1997 to 2006) with the help of Todd Richards, and he said that he played the japanese park and it was amazing and realistic and epic lol

so it looks promising http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif well thats very good to hear! So if I get a job in September, I can hopefully almost have enough cash to buy this game in October??? or just B-day moneys! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

moveon
08-12-2008, 11:13 AM
hi guys i'm going to buy a laptop and i was wondering what are going to be the configuration for a pc to play at shaun white snowboarding.

And could a laptop run the game ? and what kind of graphic card should i get.

thank you very much and keep doing the good works the game look sick

Raide
08-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the forums moveon,

Currently Shaun White Snowboarding is coming for the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii. There are no announced plans for a PC version of the game, so you will have to pick up one of the above consoles if you really want to play it when it launches this October.

ColoredSnow123
08-12-2008, 12:01 PM
**** PC gaming, go in debt. Buy a game system and a macbook! Macbooks are the ****! I love mine! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

moveon
08-12-2008, 12:08 PM
why are they saying on gamespot that a pc version would be available i saw it on others website too take a look at

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/shaunwhitesnowboarding/index.html

P-DRIZZL3
08-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by moveon:
why are they saying on gamespot that a pc version would be available i saw it on others website too take a look at

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/shaunwhitesnowboarding/index.html holy crap thats messed up, I'll try to contact them and tell them but I'm not sure they will listen to just one person, worth a try though

moveon
08-12-2008, 08:44 PM
but they aren't the only one website who's saying that, on the videos you can see available on pc. wtf this game look so sick they have to do it on pc too

jJonesborder156
08-12-2008, 09:14 PM
a pc version probably be sick but it doesn't matter to me cause i got a ps3 and a 360. I was watching a video from some website and i seen a release date that said november 4th whats up with that I heard October 15th. While i was watching the video i also noticed when you get on the chair lift you take your back foot, hopefully an astro ability will be included.

P-DRIZZL3
08-12-2008, 09:42 PM
but they aren't the only one website who's saying that, on the videos you can see available on pc. wtf this game look so sick they have to do it on pc too It woudl be pretty sick but theres no way my computer could handle it, can barely put out FSX on high quality

jJonesborder156
08-12-2008, 09:44 PM
buy a machttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

P-DRIZZL3
08-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by jJonesborder156:
buy a machttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif geez man, my brother's macbook pro is soo awesome, ran fsx on it no problem and eats WoW alive, which still kills my pc...

TharduzNL
08-13-2008, 04:21 AM
Macbooks are a lot cheaper on the other side of the ocean. But hell, I got my high end PC rattling just next to me, so I don't have to worry about not running SWSB on my PC. Gonna buy/review it on Xbox 360 anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

P-DRIZZL3
08-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by TharduzNL:
Macbooks are a lot cheaper on the other side of the ocean. But hell, I got my high end PC rattling just next to me, so I don't have to worry about not running SWSB on my PC. Gonna buy/review it on Xbox 360 anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif true dat! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

niles88
08-13-2008, 02:21 PM
dose any one know if you can do tricks and ride around with you back foot out??

P-DRIZZL3
08-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by niles88:
dose any one know if you can do tricks and ride around with you back foot out?? haha I don't know, seems like you should and it also seems like a pretty fun idea!

baz_552
08-14-2008, 11:23 AM
IDEA (for PC)

Good idea!? How about a system specifications diagnostic tool you can down load from the main site, I found it really usefull when I was trying to sort out Flight sim X it quickly located the bits ond bobs that needed changing, really easy to sort out!

P-DRIZZL3
08-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by baz_552:
IDEA (for PC)

Good idea!? How about a system specifications diagnostic tool you can down load from the main site, I found it really usefull when I was trying to sort out Flight sim X it quickly located the bits ond bobs that needed changing, really easy to sort out! found anything that enables me to do a backflip in a helicopter... found one that can do it but its very unrealistic...

niles88
08-19-2008, 11:31 AM
i keep watching th e3 demo and it makes me more mad every time i wach it u guys really have to fix to be mo real. the guy never falls and jumps a 100 ft off a 1 foot kicker wow not real at all.

moveon
08-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Raide
i would like to know what happened to the pc project for real. did you gave up on it ??

don't tell me that it wasn't in the project cauz less than one month ago it was possible to see pc version will be available on every video game site.

so just tell me what is happening with that please.

moveon (pc movement lol)

P-DRIZZL3
08-19-2008, 12:04 PM
i keep watching th e3 demo and it makes me more mad every time i wach it u guys really have to fix to be mo real. the guy never falls and jumps a 100 ft off a 1 foot kicker wow not real at all. Apparently you always have to have somebody keeping you in line so heres my advice... if it is ****ing you off, stop watching it; see! there was an easy fix to a stupid problem! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

moveon
08-19-2008, 12:21 PM
ok look p-drizzz are you a manager of ubisoft or are close to be someone who work there ?? NO so leave me alone.

if i want to post this question, i'm in right to ask it as much as i want.... GOT IT

So if you are tired of my questions don't go on my topic punkhead..

moveon
08-19-2008, 12:44 PM
sorry p-drizz i just not watched the comment clearly, i thought that you were replying to me.

my bad

it's just that someone sent me a comment like that in a private message. and that ****ed me off so i thought that someone else was doing the samething.

sorry again

P-DRIZZL3
08-19-2008, 02:55 PM
sorry p-drizz i just not watched the comment clearly, i thought that you were replying to me.

my bad

it's just that someone sent me a comment like that in a private message. and that ****ed me off so i thought that someone else was doing the samething.

sorry again rofl! its all good bro http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

sallamon
08-29-2008, 01:22 PM

I thnink i saw in the e3 demo that this is possible beceause he puts hes back foot out before gets onto the chairlift, i dont know if it happened automatically or not.

sallamon
08-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Howmuch will the ps3 version of SWSB cost or is there only an estimated price?

P-DRIZZL3
08-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by sallamon:
Howmuch will the ps3 version of SWSB cost or is there only an estimated price? guessing $60 as usual, unless they have a "limited edition" for sale and then it will be $70 for that; I am going to have to get this after it comes out, have to buy a Powercore 2 Silencer for my dirtbike, mrs. Fortune humped my leg and mine broke, and of course... no warranty, $170 more out of the bank for that... geez............. thanks for letting me vent ; )

sallamon
08-31-2008, 06:30 AM
Lol i wanna live in the US .Here in belgium normal games for ps3 cost from 58 euro up to 70 euro and thats way more expensive then the same price in dollars http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif. $60 is a bit more then 40 euros so...

P-DRIZZL3
08-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by sallamon:
Lol i wanna live in the US .Here in belgium normal games for ps3 cost from 58 euro up to 70 euro and thats way more expensive then the same price in dollars http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif. $60 is a bit more then 40 euros so... dang dude, I was trying to order some Red Bull motocross gear (you can't buy it over here) and it was like 250 eros for the jersey alone so I went and looked up the conversion and DAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM thats expensive, haha, but is everything expensive over there?

Frozen_Nature1
08-31-2008, 11:29 AM
what is the big hype over redbull gear. i see it everywhere. why would you want it? everyone already has it.

P-DRIZZL3
08-31-2008, 11:43 AM
what is the big hype over redbull gear. i see it everywhere. why would you want it? everyone already has it. I'm talking about Red Bull TEAM motocross pants and that stuff, you just can't get it online in the states, and if you can, I would like to know where. Or Red Bull snowboarding gear, got any links for that either...?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

sallamon
09-01-2008, 10:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sallamon:
Lol i wanna live in the US .Here in belgium normal games for ps3 cost from 58 euro up to 70 euro and thats way more expensive then the same price in dollars http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif. $60 is a bit more then 40 euros so... dang dude, I was trying to order some Red Bull motocross gear (you can't buy it over here) and it was like 250 eros for the jersey alone so I went and looked up the conversion and DAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM thats expensive, haha, but is everything expensive over there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's almost always the same price in euros as in usd.That's in numbers i mean(something that costs 50$ will cost approximately €50). So yes everything is indeed expensive here. I think we could get a house that's twice as big as our house if we move to the US.

TharduzNL
09-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Correct, but that's also because land is cheaper in the US. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

JibMasterFlex
09-08-2008, 07:57 AM
I was hoping the controls would change to EA SKATE Style, so much more fun and realistic.

Frozen_Nature1
09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by JibMasterFlex:
I was hoping the controls would change to EA SKATE Style, so much more fun and realistic.

September 1, 2008 - Shaun White's not the only snowboarding game hitting the Xbox 360 this holiday season. Destineer will deliver Stoked, featuring dynamic weather conditions and day cycles. An area that is rocky in the morning may be covered with snow by the afternoon. The developers want the player to be able to choose what type of rider they'll be: the "hucker," who goes for quantity of tricks over quality, or the "stylish rider," who pulls off fewer feats but performs them with better execution.

There are five mountains in the game located in Japan, Chile, Switzerland, Washington, and Alaska. Each peak offers 45 square miles of land to explore. Players can choose to ride on whichever part of a mountain pleases them. You'll be able to fly a helicopter to any part of a hill and jump out.

The goal of the game is to get sponsored, go on media tours, and pose for photo ops for your demo reel. As your fame grows, the amount of gear and customization options available will increase.

For the controls, the developers are aiming for finesse instead of button mashing. Much like Skate's "flick it" method, you pull back on the right analog stick to crouch and then push forward to jump. The left stick steers your avatar as you careen down the mountain. There are four available camera views, including a helicopter cam that presents the action like a snowboarding video.

Stoked includes drop in/drop out online multiplayer play. You can start multiplayer matches with your in-game phone, kind of like Grand Theft Auto 4. A map of the mountain will display icons that represent different challenges.

Stoked doesn't look as graphically impressive as Shaun White, but there is some cool technology happening here. The snow will stick to you, and after you fall down a few times you'll look like a snowman barreling down the hill. There are eight licensed pro boarders in the game and the soundtrack will be all licensed music.

Frozen_Nature1
09-08-2008, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JibMasterFlex:

the game stoke will be like that.

September 1, 2008 - Shaun White's not the only snowboarding game hitting the Xbox 360 this holiday season. Destineer will deliver Stoked, featuring dynamic weather conditions and day cycles. An area that is rocky in the morning may be covered with snow by the afternoon. The developers want the player to be able to choose what type of rider they'll be: the "hucker," who goes for quantity of tricks over quality, or the "stylish rider," who pulls off fewer feats but performs them with better execution.

There are five mountains in the game located in Japan, Chile, Switzerland, Washington, and Alaska. Each peak offers 45 square miles of land to explore. Players can choose to ride on whichever part of a mountain pleases them. You'll be able to fly a helicopter to any part of a hill and jump out.

The goal of the game is to get sponsored, go on media tours, and pose for photo ops for your demo reel. As your fame grows, the amount of gear and customization options available will increase.

For the controls, the developers are aiming for finesse instead of button mashing. Much like Skate's "flick it" method, you pull back on the right analog stick to crouch and then push forward to jump. The left stick steers your avatar as you careen down the mountain. There are four available camera views, including a helicopter cam that presents the action like a snowboarding video.

Stoked includes drop in/drop out online multiplayer play. You can start multiplayer matches with your in-game phone, kind of like Grand Theft Auto 4. A map of the mountain will display icons that represent different challenges.

Stoked doesn't look as graphically impressive as Shaun White, but there is some cool technology happening here. The snow will stick to you, and after you fall down a few times you'll look like a snowman barreling down the hill. There are eight licensed pro boarders in the game and the soundtrack will be all licensed music. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

moveon
09-08-2008, 03:31 PM
i was thinking that it would be cool that when the rider drop into the powder he just slow it down like in the real life. when you drop a cliff in the pow it's like droping in a pool of feather you get stock in the snow for a couple of hundredth of seconds then you go away. Plus it would be more realistic if there was some snow stock on the coat and pants, google when the rider fall or land in the snow. and by the way meaby some fog on the lens or in the lens when you ride with the caracter view.

p.s for real the rider look so stiff when he prepare to jump or land give him more fluidity

just saying

moveon (pc movement)

P-DRIZZL3
09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
i was thinking that it would be cool that when the rider drop into the powder he just slow it down like in the real life. when you drop a cliff in the pow it's like droping in a pool of feather you get stock in the snow for a couple of hundredth of seconds then you go away. Plus it would be more realistic if there was some snow stock on the coat and pants, google when the rider fall or land in the snow. and by the way meaby some fog on the lens or in the lens when you ride with the caracter view.

p.s for real the rider look so stiff when he prepare to jump or land give him more fluidity

just saying

moveon (pc movement) wow, way to say exactly what you just said on a different thread... agreed about the powder slowing you down and stiff riders http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

moveon
09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
ya i know, but sometime it's better to says it twice
agree ?

lol

P-DRIZZL3
09-08-2008, 06:36 PM
ya i know, but sometime it's better to says it twice
agree ?

lol True True http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Frozen_Nature1
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
i have a question but im pretty sure its not going to get answered

can you answer any of these questions?

P-DRIZZL3
09-08-2008, 08:25 PM
i have a question but im pretty sure its not going to get answered

can you answer any of these questions? NOPE!

Frozen_Nature1
09-08-2008, 10:33 PM
i have another question for the devs.

whats the point of this thread?

moveon
09-09-2008, 08:06 AM
i don't know. Have you been answered at much ?

i know that raide gave you some infos about the art of ride contest. but for the rest of ours comments, they didn't give any feed back.(correct me if i'm wrong)
that sucks cauz we have so much good ideas in the forum and i think that everybody's getting so much imply in this game cauz we believe in it and we all want to have a game that represent what we love the most during the winter:snowboarding.

I'm not the biggest gamer, i don't have any platforms, that's why i'm always talking about a pc version cauz that's the only thing i have. when i play video game i like those about skateboarding, snowboarding, fighting and some rpg. But either then that, i don't play as much. I have been snowboarding for 12 years always having fun tearing the slope, getting some air then zig-zag in the forest. (so it's natural that i like snow game)

my interest for this game appeared when i was looking on youtube for some snowboard footage then i saw shaun white snowboarding game. So i decided to watch the gameplay, then i heard version for pc will be available. So i was like OMG this game have so much potential. so that why i decided to start getting involved like everybody (but are we really in it ???)

i'm not here to talk**** about the ubi team
(you're making a good job) but it would be more.... i don't know ...respectfull for your future customers ( US ) to give us more
feedbacks or meaby comments on ours ideas. (like: ya we have been working on that. or no we cannot do that. or yeah this one sounds good)
Cauz i know that it won't be possible to put every ideas in the game but just show us that what we're saying isn't entering an ear and getting out of the other.

either than that like frozen_nature1 said : what's the point of the forum??

we want the game, and we want to help you to make it the better on the market and the reference for snowboard game.

A community exist when people help the others and when they work together.

that's what we wanna do, cauz we think that we are a community. (snowboarding is a community)

you want to give us a lifestyle an experience !!

So Enter our community and give us a chance to be part of it

moveon (pc movement and snowboarder)

sallamon
09-10-2008, 06:56 AM
I was wondering if online/offline split screen will be involved into the game? Beceause that will be a positive aspect for the game and will make more peaple buy it.

jtsang93
09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by ColoredSnow123:
Yea that big yellow box is infact buck hill, although I ride mostly hyland now. Yes I do ride for zombie. How'd you know that? You from around here?

To answer the one kids question about a good light park board well that depends for one on a few things. How much do you weigh, how tall are you? As well as where you are shopping. For one you said your dad is giving you whatever you want so step 1 is find your most local shop, and by shop, I dont mean zumiez or sportsmart, if I give you a suggestion you need to go to a core shop and support the hell out of them. Why? Because they are the ones that put money into your local scene and hill/mountain for comps, park stuff, events, specials, they hook it up, so hook them up. Zumiez and all that use your money for their own employees to go to colorado for "making sales." too bad most of those idiots dont even know the first thing about a heelside carve.

But once you figure out your local shop, figure out what brand of snowboard your into. Personally Id say go to a DC board, a signal, a nitro, or k2. They all kinda offer some of the best stuff. If you go with signal their next years park series deck is really sick. One of my best friends rides for them and he loves it, its really light and poppy. Any of DCs boards next year are amazing. Im riding DC stuff next year I think for sure, all of their boards are amazing. K2 the WWW is always a favorite (make sure you dont get the rocker one, trust me, it feels like riding a broken board, yes you can press higher because of it, but you will eat it on jumps for the most part). Nitro the big park one is the T1, thats what Im riding in that video and they aren't bad boards at all, I often break them though but Im really rough on my boards and weigh around 160. But I like them a lot, Ive been on a T1 for like 4 years now.

As far as bindings go, FLUX's are so sick, get the super titans and you can't really go wrong. K2 has that auto toe strap system thing and those are super sick. Rome makes a solid binding. I guess it really depends what your into, some will be stiffer, some will be heavier or lighter, some will cost you, but you definitely get what you pay for so don't be afraid to do so!

Just remember, if your getting into park, the board isn't what makes you good at snowboarding, it definitely helps to have a board that is a little smaller or lighter for sure, the biggest thing I'd look for too is to make sure your board is twin tip or twin directional. Twin tip is when your centered, you have even nose and even tail and its good for going either way (switch or reg) after a rail or jump. Twin directional has a 1 inch set back (most park boards do) and I don't really honestly know why that is, I think its for the speed thing for jumps, the 1 inch set back doesn't put you directly in the middle but an inch back so your weight is shifted for speed, but trust me, you wont notice the difference.

Bindings make sure if you have big feet they have toe and heel lifts so you dont have toe drap at all on those carves. You may not know yet but sometimes you land toe or heel heavy, and it does happen if you have bigger feet where you will slide your toes and eat it from drag on the snow (trust me, this will annoy you when learning a trick and you keep stomping it but land toe heavy and eat it every time).

THe #1 thing you should worry about though, is boots. If anything, drop all your pretty penny's on boots, if your feet are cold, cramped, in any way uncomfortable, you will be ****ed off and hate snowboarding! Trust me, comfort is the most important thing with snowboarding and too many kids are willing to drop 500 on a deck, but only 75 on boots. Drop the 300 on boots before you spend a ton on a deck, make sure your feet are well taken care of because it will definitely show in your riding style and everything.

Thats a lot of info but if you go to a core shop, I promise they should know more, be very inviting and welcoming and helpful with you finding your snow stuff, zumiez wont tell you anything, they'll think everything is rad and tell you that and support any decision you make, even if its stupid. So find your local core shop, shop around, ask around, get suggestions from them, and just do your research man, it will pay off tons in the end. Thats a lot of info, sorry guys, just helping the kid out.

Anyways about the game haha... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Haaa dude sick mj in your vid, and good steezy flavor *thumbs up*

Mendell
09-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Ubi.LevelUp:
Sup everyone,

I'm Clarence, your Community Developer for Shaun White Snowboarding. I sit with the talented developers in the Montreal Studios and I'm watching the game grow day after day. I'm very excited to be here as I share with you videos, downloadable goodies, event coverage, and more importantly: keep you involved with the process. We have many plans focused on the community, so I hope you're prepared for a fun ride.

I'd like to start by opening up any questions you may have for the Next Gen & Wii versions of Shaun White Snowboarding. I'll grab some of the best questions and directly ask the development team for you.

Ubi.levelup how many games are you hyping at the same time, fooling people into thinking that nUbisoft listens to them??? Just to disappear when the unfinished product is released... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

P-DRIZZL3
09-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Mendell:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ubi.LevelUp:
Sup everyone,

Ubi.levelup how many games are you hyping at the same time, fooling people into thinking that nUbisoft listens to them??? Just to disappear when the unfinished product is released... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>way to stay positive numb-nuts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

moveon
09-13-2008, 08:17 AM
i don't know. Have you been answered at much ?

i know that raide gave some infos to frozen about the art of ride contest. but for the rest of ours comments, they didn't give any feed back.(correct me if i'm wrong)
that sucks cauz we have so much good ideas in the forum and i think that everybody's getting so much imply in this game cauz we believe in it and we all want to have a game that represent what we love the most during the winter:snowboarding.

I'm not the biggest gamer, i don't have any platforms, that's why i'm always talking about a pc version cauz that's the only thing i have. when i play video game i like those about skateboarding, snowboarding, fighting and some rpg. But either then that, i don't play as much. I have been snowboarding for 12 years always having fun tearing the slope, getting some air then zig-zag in the forest. (so it's natural that i like snow game)

my interest for this game appeared when i was looking on youtube for some snowboard footage then i saw shaun white snowboarding game. So i decided to watch the gameplay, then i heard version for pc will be available. So i was like OMG this game have so much potential. so that why i decided to start getting involved like everybody (but are we really in it ???)

i'm not here to talk**** about the ubi team
(you're making a good job) but it would be more.... i don't know ...respectfull for your future customers ( US ) to give us more
feedbacks or meaby comments on ours ideas. (like: ya we have been working on that. or no we cannot do that. or yeah this one sounds good)
Cauz i know that it won't be possible to put every ideas in the game but just show us that what we're saying isn't entering an ear and getting out of the other.

either than that like frozen_nature1 said : what's the point of the forum??

we want the game, and we want to help you to make it the better on the market and the reference for snowboard game.

A community exist when people help the others and when they work together.

that's what we wanna do, cauz we think that we are a community. (snowboarding is a community)

you want to give us a lifestyle an experience !!

So Enter our community and give us a chance to be part of it

moveon (pc movement and snowboarder)

Marc.boy.slim
09-13-2008, 02:02 PM
this whole forum is a joke! all our questions and suggestions stay unnoticed!

Frozen_Nature1
09-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Marc.boy.slim:

im going to have to agree.

P-DRIZZL3
09-16-2008, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc.boy.slim:

im going to have to agree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I three-gree? haha for real man!

Ubi.LevelUp
09-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi everyone, your questions will be answered very soon. Stay tuned!

Ubi.LevelUp
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM
And here are some answers!

Q: ktm524
I was wondering, are the rails and boxes within the park sections going to have little jumps/kickers to get up onto them, because from the video's I have seen,the character will be able to jump onto a box thats higher then he is?

A: Throughout the parks and backcountry there are a variety of rails (both natural and man-made) that will challenge the player in different ways. Some rails and boxes have easy entry booters while others take a bit more skill; with precise timing and the right amount of speed you can nail all the elements in the game.

Look out for some elements that may only be accessible by hitting kickers or other elements placed in front of or near the rails, trees and/or boxes

Q: GN.Tharduz
Is there by any chance an option in the game to tweak our boards perfomances. Like, sharpening the edges for turns or just rag them off for rails?
Same for the bindings, can we adjust our stances. Duckstand for tricking and normal stances for freeriding (for example). If so, will it change the way you ride?

A: Currently riders can choose the type of board for the terrain - park boards, Freeride powder boards. The right choice for the terrain or challenge will help you stand out on the mountain.

We've got 90 boards, which include variations for both male and female so we hope you'll be able to find the right style and feel for your type of riding.

Q: samtronswt
You guys say open mountains and do whatever we want, well online when we play with friends in a server and stuff, once we reach the bottom of the run will it end up like amped and say nice run or something . Or will it give us the chance to get off our boards with the off board add on and be able to move around and catch a lift back up to the side of the mountain we want to go. You guys are saying its all about realism so i want to know if thats available because thats probably the biggest thing im looking into .

A: If lifts are your thing, we got lifts. Want to take a heli up to the top, we've got that too. Getting of the board and hanging out is all part of the real sport so we've added that to our game. At any point on a run (providing it's not too steep) you can get off your board and hike back up to a missed spot or just take a stroll.

If you are with friends online, they will be able to invite you to a challenge and transport you directly to the starting point. Once the challenge is over it's your choice to start another challenge or head off to another mountain.

You can also set a personal marker if you want to work on a specific line, and respawn there at a touch of a button

Q: Burton_Ride
Will different kinds of bindings have different straps ie. toe straps, regualar of foot straps

A: No toe straps this time around but we have over 20 bindings with multiple variations.

Q: burtonsnow14
in one of the videos in the first person view they did a 360 and the camera didn't follow around ,will that be fixed?

A: We have several in-game cameras, from a heli cam to a first camera you can choose the style that suits you best or the best camera for the terrain. The first-person camera is intended to give the player a real sense of speed and scale (as in a race). But the stability for tricking became necessary when we tested the camera and found it was too disorienting to follow the player thru a rotation.

Q: SuperDutch1982
What's gona be the exact release date?

A: Resorts will open on Nov 16, 2008 (in the US).

Q: slideonmtns
Are you going to have the snowboarder pee his pants when he goes down a steep chute for the first time?

A: We don't like to speculate about what happens in the privacy of your own home while playing our kick *** game. Diapers not included...

Q: BRADY_IS_NECKED

A: After doing several playtests, we went for short bailing animations, so players could get back on their feet as quickly as possible. Fluidity has been our motto.

Q: ColoredSnow123
I wanna know how the mics are gonna work, because you guys said 16 to 32 person servers, thats a lot of chatter for a game. Can you only talk to people your close to or on the chair with?

A: Proximity chat is the default communication method, where you will only hear people around you, but we still want you to be able to talk to your buddies that are up on the peak, or back on the chair, so we let the players create their own private channel on the mountain.

Q: niles88

A: One-footed trick animations are available for the Wii game; the X360, PC and PS3 versions offer more depth in tricking with grabs and tweaks.

Q: sallamon
I was wondering if online/offline split screen will be involved into the game?

A: The Wii game, Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip has 2 to 4 player split screen where you can go head-to-head with friends in your living room. The Next Gen versions were built for online play so everything you do online will apply to your single player progression.

Q: Dirkscholten
how big is the environment? Is it like one mountain or are there more? I've seen something on Wikipedia: Alaska, Park City, Europe (Alps) and Japan. But does that mean there are 4 resorts wich means like 8 mountains?

A: Each mountain is roughly 4 km². It takes about 10 minutes real-time to go from top to bottom, if you go in a straight line (But that would be boring)

There are 4 mountains
Park City: it has 3 areas; peak, backcountry, park
Europe: it has 3 areas; peak, backcountry, park
Japan: huge backcountry and park
Alaska: huge peak and a backcountry

Players will need several hours just to explore our mountains and discover all the areas.

Q: The_Chad1990
What's up whit the powder in this game? I mean it's supposed to be a realistic game, but when you turn in the powder there is almost no spray!! When i'm cruizing with my board in the powder i wan't to make huge sprays, so i wanna see those in the game as well! I have to admit the snow looks good but it has always the same dept! How do you guys feel about this

A: We've been working hard on particles and GFX. You'll see a lot of improvements in the final game. We will also give the player a different feel of control in the powder or on the corduroy, ice, and packed surfaces.

Q: Frozen_Nature1
what would you be able to distinguish your rider with that would be visible while riding? body shape? skin colour?

A: Riders will be able to select male or female avatars as well as choose between several face types. Standing out on the mountain will be important so it's all about the gear you wear; other riders will recognize the groms from the pros by the level of gear they have purchased.

Q: matt0199
Hey I was wondering if this game is going to have weather effects???

A: Weather is dynamic so the changes can happen at any time; we'll have weather conditions from sunny skies to heavy snow.

Will you be able to ride with your jacket unzipped? Half zipped? Fully zipped? (For hot laps in the park, backcountry, looks) Can you make jackets longer? Pants baggier? Layer shirts a little longer under your jacket for a look? Wear baggie hoodies? Adjust how your toe strap goes on your boot to how it does in real life? Can you pick the type of hat you wanna wear from beanie, to hats, to bandanas or no hats?
Can you take that backpack off and maybe stick it in a locker in a challet/lodge?

A: And people said fashion was dead.

We've got "BILLIONS" of gear combinations to keep everyone happy.
Here are the numbers as of 2 weeks ago:
Male combinations = 2 992 000 000
Female combinations = 369 600 000

moveon
09-23-2008, 08:42 PM
i already posted that one in an another topic but:

hi i was just thinking about how nice it would be the have an option where you can build and customize a kicker either alone or with your friends.

by choosing the size the lenght and height

it would be an interesting option.

or meaby you could put something that advertise you that you're entering a secret area section where you can build a kicker

it would be so cool and representative of snowboard life style to get the opportunity to build kicker and to session it

thank you very much

moveon (snowboarder)

by the way i'm realy hype with the game, well done http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (only one thing to say.. give more motion at the player when he's taking off and when he's landing.

Rebel4Liberty
09-24-2008, 09:04 AM
OK, well I've got 1

Did Amped 1 or 2 influence any of the development in this and did you incorporate any features/characteristics in it? I guess I am trying to say did you study the model that made Amped 1 and 2 popular in mechanics

Seeing the score values grabs/grinds are not millions of points or even hundreds of thousands to rack up ala THPS scoring system and not that I want it anyway, they do seem a bit low.(under maybe 10,000 total) Why is this? To keep balanced scoring competitive? Cheating? Elaborate please.....

Other than that am PHYSCHED!!!!!!!!!

Frozen_Nature1
09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
it doesnt matter how low or high the scoring is for each trick. everything translates. say doing the same kind of line in amped gives you 50,000 but this game only gives you 1000 for it. people who cannot do that line will still get less points than you.

moveon
09-24-2008, 03:15 PM
anyway i think that this game isn't all about point, but about how you want to control it.

Same as skate, they give you the opportunity to progress trought some challenges, or just skate around and improve your skills with the control.

i think that this game is all about that.
meaby i'm wrong !! but at the same time who cares ?

just enjoy and meaby see ya online for a challenge lol

moveon(snowboarder)

Rebel4Liberty
09-24-2008, 09:48 PM
it doesnt matter how low or high the scoring is for each trick. everything translates. say doing the same kind of line in amped gives you 50,000 but this game only gives you 1000 for it. people who cannot do that line will still get less points than you.

Yes Frozen, I don't really care but I am curious as to why. Prevent cheating/glitching? Keep challenges evenly balanced? What? There is a reason and that is my question

Frozen_Nature1
09-24-2008, 09:56 PM
you better be able to have the option to put a bandana on your face.

swathman
09-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Will multiplayer work cross-platform? Are there any cross-platform features?

It would be sweet for me to be able to join up with my son from my PC, while he's on a "game console". I am going to purchase several copies of this game along with a console (ps3/360) and would like plan accordingly.

Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.

moveon
09-28-2008, 10:04 AM
nice question, i agree with you it sounds like a cool idea.

Blackdata666
10-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Will multiplayer work cross-platform? Are there any cross-platform features?

It would be sweet for me to be able to join up with my son from my PC, while he's on a "game console". I am going to purchase several copies of this game along with a console (ps3/360) and would like plan accordingly.

Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.

Yeah very good question!

Ubi.LevelUp
10-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Q: Will multiplayer work cross-platform?

A: Our game will not support cross-platform multiplayer.

yokel
10-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi

First of all, the game looks great, cannot wait to see the finla product.

Two questions:

1) Will we see an Xbox Live demo? If yes, when? If No, why not?

2) Will the release date in Europe be the same as in North America (November 14th)?

Thanks

moveon
10-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I would like to know if it's true that a special edition would be available at target ?

And would it be available, for the Pc version ?

Moveon (snowboarder)

moveon
10-09-2008, 02:42 PM
and yeah by the way this game have been made at montréal canada.!! but you didn't think that we (canadian and people from outside the USA) won't be able to get the extra product.

après on se demande pourquoi au québec on est pas toujours fier d'être canadien!! yes good shoot les gars vous avez même pas pensez à nous..

(for the non-french people) i just said that: and after you're always woundering why people from québec aren't always proud to be canadian !!

this game have been created in canada but because of the marketing stuff it would be more valuable (money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) to sell it in USA (i'm not an hater about the country but, it seem normal to me that we (in canada) should have the opportunity to get the extra contains too. I'm talking for all the others country too (netherland you're in http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and all the others)

Moveon (snowboarder)

P-DRIZZL3
10-09-2008, 05:43 PM
and yeah by the way this game have been made at montréal canada.!! but you didn't think that we (canadian and people from outside the USA) won't be able to get the extra product.

après on se demande pourquoi au québec on est pas toujours fier d'être canadien!! yes good shoot les gars vous avez même pas pensez à nous..

(for the non-french people) i just said that: and after you're always woundering why people from québec aren't always proud to be canadian !!

this game have been created in canada but because of the marketing stuff it would be more valuable (money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) to sell it in USA (i'm not an hater about the country but, it seem normal to me that we (in canada) should have the opportunity to get the extra contains too. I'm talking for all the others country too (netherland you're in http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and all the others)

Moveon (snowboarder) I agree big time on this, not only because I have had a crush on thhis girl who's entire family is from Ontario, also because from what I have seen Canada is much cleaner than where I live.

But yeah, the only reason I am taking French is so that someday (hopefully) I can move to Canada...
a lot more info than you wanted to know I'll bet, Nut my point is, they better be releasing that in Canada, if infact this whole Special Edition isn't just a joke

moveon
10-09-2008, 06:09 PM
yeah i'm affraid of that too.. where you from
p-drizzl3.
tu connais le francais un peu lol

next time that you<re going to see her tell her: tu es tres belle meme si tu sais que je le suis plus. mais serieusement j'aimerais aller visiter les chutes niagara avec toi un jour.

just saying lol

Moveon (snowboarder)

P-DRIZZL3
10-09-2008, 09:06 PM
yeah i'm affraid of that too.. where you from
p-drizzl3.
tu connais le francais un peu lol

next time that you<re going to see her tell her: tu es tres belle meme si tu sais que je le suis plus. mais serieusement j'aimerais aller visiter les chutes niagara avec toi un jour.

just saying lol

Moveon (snowboarder) yeah... She said Niagra falls was pretty lame actually, never been there but we were talking abou Canada and stuff and she said it was boring... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

moveon
10-10-2008, 09:13 AM
seriously i never been to niagara fall, i'm living in quebec where everything i like is.
We got mountains,dowtown intertainment, the girls are hot. meaby her place isn't hot at all or meaby it's because she's boring lol (no i'm kidding) but yeah canada it's a nice place i think. Look that's the place where i like to ride the most http://www.lemassif.com/fr/ it's near from my city. But i have to admit that i like jay peak, sugarbush and whiteface... all in the vermont USA. But we got some nice place too like http://www.tremblant.ca/index.htm, http://www.mont-sainte-anne.com/2/ and one of the best for trees line :http://www.montsutton.com/fr/index.php

go take a look at those site and meaby you'll want to come to canada lol
take care

and by the way i'm not a tourist guide
Moveon(snowboarder)

P-DRIZZL3
10-10-2008, 09:53 PM
seriously i never been to niagara fall, i'm living in quebec where everything i like is.
We got mountains,dowtown intertainment, the girls are hot. meaby her place isn't hot at all or meaby it's because she's boring lol (no i'm kidding) but yeah canada it's a nice place i think. Look that's the place where i like to ride the most http://www.lemassif.com/fr/ it's near from my city. But i have to admit that i like jay peak, sugarbush and whiteface... all in the vermont USA. But we got some nice place too like http://www.tremblant.ca/index.htm, http://www.mont-sainte-anne.com/2/ and one of the best for trees line :http://www.montsutton.com/fr/index.php

go take a look at those site and meaby you'll want to come to canada lol
take care

and by the way i'm not a tourist guide
Moveon(snowboarder) too late! I have wanted move to Canada before I even met her http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Mainly because I love the cold weather and the snow, I will, however, have to make a few trips to Nevada to ride the enduro trails and Michigan to ride at Budds Creek , but I'm sure there are just as good tracks and trails in Canada, which are probably more beautiful than the ones here, because seriously... its all red clay here, so when you crash on the hardpack at the North Carolina Motorsports Park... it ain't pretty at all, friend shattered pretty much his entire arm on a double http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif but anyways, if I don't speak reallllllllly good French, is there any way I could survive in Quebec?

moveon
10-11-2008, 07:33 PM
yeah for sure i would say that quebec is the biggest bilangual province of canada. so yeah for sure. you should give a try http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

P-DRIZZL3
10-12-2008, 10:27 AM
yeah for sure i would say that quebec is the biggest bilangual province of canada. so yeah for sure. you should give a try http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif sweeeeeeeeeeeet, I can't wait to get up there!

Frozen_Nature1
10-12-2008, 07:41 PM
yeah for sure i would say that quebec is the biggest bilangual province of canada. so yeah for sure. you should give a try http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

not if those french frog separatists get their way.

P-DRIZZL3
10-12-2008, 07:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moveon:

not if those french frog separatists get their way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>say what?

moveon
10-12-2008, 07:48 PM
frog lol super funny, if you guys were not as closed mind, meaby you would stop talk****ing on every french canadian that you'll see.

What you said didn't show any open mind vision
but i'm gonna stay respectfull and call you my canadian budy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

P-DRIZZL3
10-12-2008, 07:52 PM
frog lol super funny, if you guys were not as closed mind, meaby you would stop talk****ing on every french canadian that you'll see.

What you said didn't show any open mind vision
but i'm gonna stay respectfull and call you my canadian budy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif wait, what does he mean?

moveon
10-12-2008, 08:35 PM
it's because in quebec we speak french and we are the only province who still speak french.
so some of the other province just started some beef about that. And they call the french canadian the frogs, from my point of view, it just show how closed mind some of the english canadian are.

P-DRIZZL3
10-13-2008, 04:07 AM
it's because in quebec we speak french and we are the only province who still speak french.
so some of the other province just started some beef about that. And they call the french canadian the frogs, from my point of view, it just show how closed mind some of the english canadian are. ohhhhhh ok, gotcha

Frozen_Nature1
10-13-2008, 04:23 AM
so some of the other province just started some beef about that. And they call the french canadian the frogs, from my point of view, it just show how closed mind some of the english canadian are.

the english??? closed minded??? hahaha. thats a joke. you guys actually have a french group that has just rescently passed legislation that there are too many businesses serving customers in english. in other words they dont want any english serving stores. most frenchys over there dont even want to learn english. AND ITS THE UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE OF THE WORLD!!! get with the times people.

moveon
10-13-2008, 08:28 AM
No you didn't get it ``closed mind guy``
ya we want to be served in french cauz our province is french. But i thing that you seem to forget, that we are bilangual.. Are you ? not even able to say bonjour comment ça va lol . Canada it suppose to be a bilangual country but it seem that there are less than 10 pourcent of you guys that can speak both language. Funny it's but we are more than 70 percent who speak both in Québec. And the rest can understand in general, and by the way the pourcentage of english canadian that can do that is barely close. And yeah we are not mad about the fact that people speak english, but when we go into a store the first thing that a seller should know is to speak both. Isn't normal that a seller who lives in Québec, cannot speak both. Thas is the problem and that's why we passed that legislation.

An another fact is that we have english class (look at me i can speak and write in english) and you guy have french class.. Can you speak or write... !!!

So as you can see that is the reason why we are mad..

We should speak english and forget our heritage, culture and language.

Would you be ready to do that ? Not sure...

I'm not an hater or frustrated man about english canadian.. i have a lot of friends who livein alberta, novia scottia, new brunswicks and alberta, and i don't have any problem with them about the fact that they speak english.. and don't call me a frog for speaking french.

so what i'm trying to say is that i'm a respectfull person and the only thing i want is to be respected in return.

so why i heard people like you generalize about everything, i just think this guy didn't understand nothing at all.

So think what you wanna think(we are in a freedom country after all) but stop spitting on people when you don't understand something.

So P-DRIZZL3 quebec it a nice place where people speak both so you won't have any problem to be understand.

Moveon (snowboarder)

P-DRIZZL3
10-13-2008, 01:18 PM
No you didn't get it ``closed mind guy``
ya we want to be served in french cauz our province is french. But i thing that you seem to forget, that we are bilangual.. Are you ? not even able to say bonjour comment ça va lol . Canada it suppose to be a bilangual country but it seem that there are less than 10 pourcent of you guys that can speak both language. Funny it's but we are more than 70 percent who speak both in Québec. And the rest can understand in general, and by the way the pourcentage of english canadian that can do that is barely close. And yeah we are not mad about the fact that people speak english, but when we go into a store the first thing that a seller should know is to speak both. Isn't normal that a seller who lives in Québec, cannot speak both. Thas is the problem and that's why we passed that legislation.

An another fact is that we have english class (look at me i can speak and write in english) and you guy have french class.. Can you speak or write... !!!

So as you can see that is the reason why we are mad..

We should speak english and forget our heritage, culture and language.

Would you be ready to do that ? Not sure...

I'm not an hater or frustrated man about english canadian.. i have a lot of friends who livein alberta, novia scottia, new brunswicks and alberta, and i don't have any problem with them about the fact that they speak english.. and don't call me a frog for speaking french.

so what i'm trying to say is that i'm a respectfull person and the only thing i want is to be respected in return.

so why i heard people like you generalize about everything, i just think this guy didn't understand nothing at all.

So think what you wanna think(we are in a freedom country after all) but stop spitting on people when you don't understand something.

So P-DRIZZL3 quebec it a nice place where people speak both so you won't have any problem to be understand.

Moveon (snowboarder) yeah, Frozen has bounced around the forums being a party-pooper since he joined, as far as I can tell

And honestly it makes sense to have French spoken because it heritage, and I personally find that important to at least have some of.

moveon
10-13-2008, 01:35 PM
thank you .. hey by the way have you been looking at my last topic about a petition ?
do you some place on the web where we could show the petition.

thank you bro

Moveon (snowboarder)

P-DRIZZL3
10-13-2008, 02:13 PM
thank you .. hey by the way have you been looking at my last topic about a petition ?
do you some place on the web where we could show the petition.

thank you bro

Moveon (snowboarder) hmmmm.... I'm not sure, you could make a Facebook group for it?

Rebel4Liberty
10-13-2008, 03:42 PM

NOW that's funny! Never been to Canada but I know about the french canadian skirmish there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif And you know how I know cause I had quite a number of canadian tomato cultivating buddies if ya get my drift http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

hatfield2008
10-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Hey guys...
I have read basically every post on every thread including this one. I was reading through this one, again, and this time one of the posts made me laugh. On the first page one guy writes something like "It's so great that the dev team keeps interacting with us. Instead of just letting us speculate until we drop." The only reason why that made me laugh was because if you look at every page of this thread, all 12 of 'em. You will not see one reply from the dev team... HAHAHA http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Rebel4Liberty
10-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by hatfield2008:
Hey guys...
I have read basically every post on every thread including this one. I was reading through this one, again, and this time one of the posts made me laugh. On the first page one guy writes something like "It's so great that the dev team keeps interacting with us. Instead of just letting us speculate until we drop." The only reason why that made me laugh was because if you look at every page of this thread, all 12 of 'em. You will not see one reply from the dev team... HAHAHA http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Well that is not funny. Ubi employee made empty promises and has yet to deliver those answers. Now maybe they will answer everything a week before the game is released, but we kinda wanna know more about whats been done ahead of time. They said they are still collecting more questions and let it build up, I dunno but they certainly haven't been regular here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

jtsang93
10-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by hatfield2008:
Hey guys...

Check page 9 and you'll see something.

P-DRIZZL3
10-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by jtsang93:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hatfield2008:
Hey guys...

Check page 9 and you'll see something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>HOLY CRAP! HOW IN THE WORLD DID I MISS THAT!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??????? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

ktm524
10-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Ubi.LevelUp:
And here are some answers!

Q: ktm524

A: Throughout the parks and backcountry there are a variety of rails (both natural and man-made) that will challenge the player in different ways. Some rails and boxes have easy entry booters while others take a bit more skill; with precise timing and the right amount of speed you can nail all the elements in the game.

Look out for some elements that may only be accessible by hitting kickers or other elements placed in front of or near the rails, trees and/or boxes

Q: GN.Tharduz

A: Currently riders can choose the type of board for the terrain - park boards, Freeride powder boards. The right choice for the terrain or challenge will help you stand out on the mountain.

We've got 90 boards, which include variations for both male and female so we hope you'll be able to find the right style and feel for your type of riding.

Q: samtronswt
You guys say open mountains and do whatever we want, well online when we play with friends in a server and stuff, once we reach the bottom of the run will it end up like amped and say nice run or something . Or will it give us the chance to get off our boards with the off board add on and be able to move around and catch a lift back up to the side of the mountain we want to go. You guys are saying its all about realism so i want to know if thats available because thats probably the biggest thing im looking into .

A: If lifts are your thing, we got lifts. Want to take a heli up to the top, we've got that too. Getting of the board and hanging out is all part of the real sport so we've added that to our game. At any point on a run (providing it's not too steep) you can get off your board and hike back up to a missed spot or just take a stroll.

If you are with friends online, they will be able to invite you to a challenge and transport you directly to the starting point. Once the challenge is over it's your choice to start another challenge or head off to another mountain.

You can also set a personal marker if you want to work on a specific line, and respawn there at a touch of a button

Q: Burton_Ride
Will different kinds of bindings have different straps ie. toe straps, regualar of foot straps

A: No toe straps this time around but we have over 20 bindings with multiple variations.

Q: burtonsnow14

A: We have several in-game cameras, from a heli cam to a first camera you can choose the style that suits you best or the best camera for the terrain. The first-person camera is intended to give the player a real sense of speed and scale (as in a race). But the stability for tricking became necessary when we tested the camera and found it was too disorienting to follow the player thru a rotation.

Q: SuperDutch1982
What's gona be the exact release date?

A: Resorts will open on Nov 16, 2008 (in the US).

Q: slideonmtns

A: We don't like to speculate about what happens in the privacy of your own home while playing our kick *** game. Diapers not included...

Q: BRADY_IS_NECKED

A: After doing several playtests, we went for short bailing animations, so players could get back on their feet as quickly as possible. Fluidity has been our motto.

I wanna know how the mics are gonna work, because you guys said 16 to 32 person servers, thats a lot of chatter for a game. Can you only talk to people your close to or on the chair with?

A: Proximity chat is the default communication method, where you will only hear people around you, but we still want you to be able to talk to your buddies that are up on the peak, or back on the chair, so we let the players create their own private channel on the mountain.

Q: niles88

A: One-footed trick animations are available for the Wii game; the X360, PC and PS3 versions offer more depth in tricking with grabs and tweaks.

Q: sallamon
I was wondering if online/offline split screen will be involved into the game?

A: The Wii game, Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip has 2 to 4 player split screen where you can go head-to-head with friends in your living room. The Next Gen versions were built for online play so everything you do online will apply to your single player progression.

Q: Dirkscholten
how big is the environment? Is it like one mountain or are there more? I've seen something on Wikipedia: Alaska, Park City, Europe (Alps) and Japan. But does that mean there are 4 resorts wich means like 8 mountains?

A: Each mountain is roughly 4 km². It takes about 10 minutes real-time to go from top to bottom, if you go in a straight line (But that would be boring)

There are 4 mountains
Park City: it has 3 areas; peak, backcountry, park
Europe: it has 3 areas; peak, backcountry, park
Japan: huge backcountry and park
Alaska: huge peak and a backcountry

Players will need several hours just to explore our mountains and discover all the areas.

Q: The_Chad1990
What's up whit the powder in this game? I mean it's supposed to be a realistic game, but when you turn in the powder there is almost no spray!! When i'm cruizing with my board in the powder i wan't to make huge sprays, so i wanna see those in the game as well! I have to admit the snow looks good but it has always the same dept! How do you guys feel about this

A: We've been working hard on particles and GFX. You'll see a lot of improvements in the final game. We will also give the player a different feel of control in the powder or on the corduroy, ice, and packed surfaces.

Q: Frozen_Nature1
what would you be able to distinguish your rider with that would be visible while riding? body shape? skin colour?

A: Riders will be able to select male or female avatars as well as choose between several face types. Standing out on the mountain will be important so it's all about the gear you wear; other riders will recognize the groms from the pros by the level of gear they have purchased.

Q: matt0199
Hey I was wondering if this game is going to have weather effects???

A: Weather is dynamic so the changes can happen at any time; we'll have weather conditions from sunny skies to heavy snow.

Will you be able to ride with your jacket unzipped? Half zipped? Fully zipped? (For hot laps in the park, backcountry, looks) Can you make jackets longer? Pants baggier? Layer shirts a little longer under your jacket for a look? Wear baggie hoodies? Adjust how your toe strap goes on your boot to how it does in real life? Can you pick the type of hat you wanna wear from beanie, to hats, to bandanas or no hats?

A: And people said fashion was dead.

We've got "BILLIONS" of gear combinations to keep everyone happy.
Here are the numbers as of 2 weeks ago:
Male combinations = 2 992 000 000
Female combinations = 369 600 000

haha so every one can STOP complaining, the dev team has obviously been working very hard and are actually making improvements to the game as we suggest... like wit the rails n stuff... they're obviously looking at our questions and listening to us so stop bashing them...

they havent really had anything to base their game off of, cause they started before stoked, so they're doing a DAMN GOOD job... all stoked is doing is looking at the sws forums and basing their game off of that

Frozen_Nature1
10-16-2008, 11:15 AM
all stoked is doing is looking at the sws forums and basing their game off of that

thats quite the assumption considering that both games have a world of difference between them.

rihardslol
10-16-2008, 01:30 PM
I love you all. I looked at all the gear, and the new gameplay. I want a demo really bad. I'm kinda psyched.

ktm524
10-16-2008, 03:04 PM
frozen, ur right, i never thought of that... but if u consider that stoked devs started after sws, they have the advantage of being able to look at sws's downfalls after it comes out and fix it in ther game... if they choose to do that or not is their choice

Frozen_Nature1
10-16-2008, 05:05 PM
hardly. there is less than a 2 week time span between the two releases.

ktm524
10-16-2008, 05:26 PM
o, my bad... i havent rlly looked at stoked... i dont have a 360 so unless they make it for ps3 i dont really care

P-DRIZZL3
10-16-2008, 06:59 PM
o, my bad... i havent rlly looked at stoked... i dont have a 360 so unless they make it for ps3 i dont really care I agree with ay KTM and speaking of KTM's I went to the local track and there was a guy (about 40 or so) and he was riding a KTM 250sx and that dude was amazing! I am personally kinda scared of 2 strokes, mainly because I accidentally hit high power band at the lip and I wasn't in attack position, kinda scary! hahah!

ktm524
10-17-2008, 08:20 AM
haha yea man... my bikes in ruins right now... swapped out and went over the bars off a double at fourth tapped lol... the subframes busted and other stuff like that lol

btw have you looked into the leatt's? u shuld def. get one... ive got one but i think im getting the alpinestars bionic neck support

P-DRIZZL3
10-17-2008, 02:50 PM
haha yea man... my bikes in ruins right now... swapped out and went over the bars off a double at fourth tapped lol... the subframes busted and other stuff like that lol

btw have you looked into the leatt's? u shuld def. get one... ive got one but i think im getting the alpinestars bionic neck support I going to buy one by the end of the year, pinching penneys right now to get a bigger bike, thinking about a crf250 maybe a 2005 or 2006, depends whether I can find a deal that is good enough! Do you know if you can get a 250 4 stroke street legal?

dc118
10-19-2008, 01:07 PM
one question i have is if there is going to be some sort of online/offline "campaign mode". if yes plz describe it, if not that's ok.

also on the vids i saw something that looks like a book bag with a speaker sticking out of it. What is that.

also about how big are the mountains, in terms of elevation and square miles

Frozen_Nature1
10-19-2008, 01:25 PM
a dev said that each mountain is approx. 4 square km

DavidWaller
10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
LTD 156, SIMS black boots and Flow Bindings (which I suggest for everyone, great stuff) Good riding! Its getting cold out!!!
Dave

CoddyyMan
10-26-2008, 06:01 PM
stoked kind of looks like development stage for a game, a really early one to, theres no background and the graphics arent even that good. SWS is gonna own it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

baz_552
10-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi, & thanks for communicating with us directly!

My thoughts are;

1] Will there be a downloadable demo, for those of us on PC.

2] Will there be a list of compatible graphics cards i.e. the Geforce series etc, (It's such a pain buying a game and then resenting it because it doesn't work).

zekk321
11-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Is the wii version going to get open-world mountains, cuztomizable gear, and changeable camera views? this game would be sooo much better for wii if we got open mountains plus balance board. Also, first person is mainly what I'm wondering if we'll get? And if we get cuztomizable gear...How much less will we get then the Xbox 360/ PS3 users?

TECHOBO
11-06-2008, 08:24 AM
I saw on IGN that Target will be selling an exclusive version of the game with a lot of extras. Will this be available in Canada? If it isn't will I still be able to access the features in Canada if I goto the States to buy it?

zekk321
11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Also, will the we have back country too?

dh091275
11-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Ok I have a couple of questions, or maybe just suggestions. How realistic/true are the locations and is there any thoughts to adding extra areas(actual ski resorts) on an expansion pack for example? If you do, think about adding Jackson Hole WY.

Also has any thought been given to extra components to be added to the wii for this game. I see potential in componentry for doing grabs. A device could be created to be attached to the circumfrence of the balance board and it would enable the player to define(by grabbing) where and when s/he does their grab.

b1zkid
11-09-2008, 03:49 PM
hi from Russia

i'd like to ask you-will the game be published on PC? I've heard and read about it will, there is no official info about it on the site, just PS/XBOX etc at the game's site page...
And if it so-WHEN ?))
also-what are the system req? Especially re graphics card (somebody already have asked this).
Thanks in advance.

Jaydubbbbb
11-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Yes it will be published on PC, i cannot tell you when, since i do not know.

Yes you can do the "campaign" online, you can do the challengese with other people in the game.

No you will not be able to create your own jumps, this is not a sim, though it would be cool.

Yes you can choose to take of your backpack.

No you cannot edit your stats, but you can always change the type of board you are riding, so if you want to bust the hugest gap with as much speed in the powder as possible, you should take a freeride board. then you arrive in the park, just pause, and change to a park board.

When I started playing, i was quite dissapointed about the gampeplay. Especially the speed. In the powder i was going so slow, when i bought the ultimate freeridre board, wich doesnt take long to buy, i was boosting through the powder and busting sharp turns.

I bought the ultimate park board, and the spins are much iller than the first park board you get. and the balance on the rails and boxes is so much better.

I now love this game, the tricks are realistic. I mean, youre grinding on a log, then you drop onto a triangle roof and you grind on the middle part of the roof, then you drop onto a handrail, maybe thats not realistic, but it doesnt mean you have to do it. The aspect of the game itself is pretty realistic.

Yes, you can do triple backflips.

Butters (manuals) are very useful to raise your trick multiplier. Spinning on boxes and while doing butters also gives more points.

You do not have to get to a chairlift to change location. You go to your map, you chose the top of the chairlift or the helicopter drop off you like, and you will be dropped off there.

You can stay on the chairlift and enjoy the view, then you can jump off where you feel. Or you skip and go straight to the top.

If i am wrong in anything i have said, please advise me.

AdmiralxBob
12-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Yah, I was wondering if there will be ANY type of playable demo for the pc coming out in the next week or 2. Cause I wanna know if I should get it as soon as I can or w8 a bit.