PDA

View Full Version : Why?

HizuPlague
06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
The guy in the trailer playing Red Steel 2 is moving the sword back and forth and forward and back, I'm not really sure what it's called, but he's like taunting the other guy like a pirate would do, or a fencer. Can you actually do that in the game? It also shows him fighting numerous enemies, and also striking more than one enemy at once. Such as doing a horizontal slash that kills 3 people. I noticed in the gameplay footage that you are locked on to one other person (and can switch targets) and basically they wait for you to kill them while they throw a basic horizontal or vertical slash at you that you can block. My real question I guess is: Why can't you fight like a real swordsman? Why can't you take out numerous people and do any attack you want? I'd love to just stab people in the head and hit them with the hilt of my sword. From what I saw, you can only do basic back and forth and up and down slashes. Why can't it be like in the trailer? I know this is possible, because I watched the PS3 Motion Controller demo with a sword.

Sand-Man33
06-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by HizuPlague:
The guy in the trailer playing Red Steel 2 is moving the sword back and forth and forward and back, I'm not really sure what it's called, but he's like taunting the other guy like a pirate would do, or a fencer. Can you actually do that in the game? It also shows him fighting numerous enemies, and also striking more than one enemy at once. Such as doing a horizontal slash that kills 3 people. I noticed in the gameplay footage that you are locked on to one other person (and can switch targets) and basically they wait for you to kill them while they throw a basic horizontal or vertical slash at you that you can block. My real question I guess is: Why can't you fight like a real swordsman? Why can't you take out numerous people and do any attack you want? I'd love to just stab people in the head and hit them with the hilt of my sword. From what I saw, you can only do basic back and forth and up and down slashes. Why can't it be like in the trailer? I know this is possible, because I watched the PS3 Motion Controller demo with a sword.
Yeah man i agree with you 100% and i thought that's what the Motion plus is for.But yeah,That'd be awesome.

SuperGee
06-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Well the motionplus is just a accuracy improvment on Wiimote. Wich means you have a HID to closely imitate like simulatie Katana Jedi stick tennis racket and baseball bad.

So you can hack 'n slash.

it doesn't give you advanced ninja movement.
Your restricted to what Nunchuck makes posible.
It has two buttons so 4 posibility's as jump role duck movement or just move in that direction. Maybe using some buttons on the wiimote to.

Bigburito
06-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by SuperGee:
Well the motionplus is just a accuracy improvment on Wiimote. Wich means you have a HID to closely imitate like simulatie Katana Jedi stick tennis racket and baseball bad.

So you can hack 'n slash.

it doesn't give you advanced ninja movement.
Your restricted to what Nunchuck makes posible.
It has two buttons so 4 posibility's as jump role duck movement or just move in that direction. Maybe using some buttons on the wiimote to.

well the nunchuck has a gyromiter (at least thats what I think it was called) which is the same as the one in the wiimote (that's why in many FPS games you can throw grenades by doing a throwing motion with the nunchuck so using the nunchuck for more motion sensing such as dodging is quite possible

Frog-a-Licious
07-01-2009, 09:26 PM
man you know zelda's gonna hop all over this thing

Penguyen
07-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Actually the nunchuk only has an accelerometer. That's why it only registers quick movements rather than accurately reflecting your movements on screen.

Bigburito
07-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Penguyen:
Actually the nunchuk only has an accelerometer. That's why it only registers quick movements rather than accurately reflecting your movements on screen.

but you could still use it for dodging possibly...