PDA

View Full Version : High GORE

CzechTexan
06-22-2008, 03:35 AM
I started using the "high gore" feature with my new graphics card and saw some hard core gore for the first time with this pic. Just wondering if it has always looked this way or is it something new. Maybe I've just been missing out on all the blood in the past.

CzechTexan
06-22-2008, 03:35 AM
I started using the "high gore" feature with my new graphics card and saw some hard core gore for the first time with this pic. Just wondering if it has always looked this way or is it something new. Maybe I've just been missing out on all the blood in the past.

x6BL_Brando
06-22-2008, 04:11 AM
Nice red carpet in that plane too! High gore and soft furnishings - this sim is really getting good!

B

Jaggy.
06-22-2008, 04:43 AM
Is there a gore option in the default IL2 settings? I sure haven't seen it. Or is this a mod?

Also, does the blood show up in other positions, like the gunners?

ffb
06-22-2008, 05:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Panzer76:
Is there a gore option in the default IL2 settings? I sure haven't seen it. Or is this a mod?

Also, does the blood show up in other positions, like the gunners? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have to enable it by placing the line HighGore=1 in your conf.ini
under the [Game] section

CzechTexan
06-22-2008, 05:49 AM
Oh OK. It's probably the Mod I have been using. I removed the pic because I didn't want to show a mod and didn't want to get in trouble with the forum moderators.

blakduk
06-22-2008, 05:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CzechTexan:
I started using the "high gore" feature with my new graphics card and saw some hard core gore for the first time with this pic. Just wondering if it has always looked this way or is it something new. Maybe I've just been missing out on all the blood in the past. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'High Gore' has always been a feature of Il2- it's not dependant on your graphics card. All you have to do is change 'Highgore=0' to 'Highgore=1' in the config.
Apparently only the original planes included in Il2 had a high gore graphic. All later ones dont have that feature. I think the reason was to do with censoring/licensing in some countries.

Skycat_2
06-22-2008, 10:57 AM
High Gore was only available in the original version of IL-2, and it only affected three or four planes total. I have a few screenshots saved but from memory:

Bf109F -- red smears appeared on canopy glass, external view only.
He-111 -- red smears appeared on glass around nose gunner and pilots and possibly ventral gunner, external view only. (This was an AI plane until FB.)
MBR float plane -- red pools appear around the gunners, and gunners slump over. External view only, plane is AI.