PDA

View Full Version : OT - Team Canada



jensenpark
01-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Well done Team Canada Juniors for their 4th straight Gold in the IIHF World Junior Championships...

Congrats to Sweden for a close 2nd and to Russia for the Bronze.

Up Canada!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/jensenpark/teamcanada.jpg

Chivas
01-05-2008, 08:13 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

na85
01-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by jensenpark:
Well done Team Canada Juniors for their 4th straight Gold in the IIHF World Junior Championships...

Congrats to Sweden for a close 2nd and to Russia for the Bronze.

Up Canada!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/jensenpark/teamcanada.jpg
+1, eh?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Waldo.Pepper
01-05-2008, 10:06 PM
I STILL find it amazing that other countries are willing to play against us!

Anyone remember last year? http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/442...421037125#4421037125 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/4421037125?r=4421037125#4421037125)

Also lets not forget the Spengler Cup win as well!
Even the "B" team wins!

"It's not absolutely the best team Canada can put together, but these guys are just as proud to wear the Canadian sweater as the top guys," said coach Sean Simpson. "They got their chance to show what they can do."

from -

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2007/12/31/spengler-cup.html?ref=rss

heywooood
01-05-2008, 10:09 PM
what a gutsy performance by team Canada after the Swedes came back to tie it up....

Canadian goalie was outstanding - brilliant.

the best of the game of hockey is played at the junior worlds tourney be sure

na85
01-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by heywooood:
what a gutsy performance by team Canada after the Swedes came back to tie it up....

Canadian goalie was outstanding - brilliant.

the best of the game of hockey is played at the junior worlds tourney be sure

Goalie's from my hometown http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jadger
01-06-2008, 12:35 AM
far more entertaining than the Leafs game today, because at least the red maple leafs had a fight on their hands, whereas TML just plain suck and always lose.

GH_Klingstroem
01-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Considering we had the game in the 3rd period and in the sudden death too, the last goal was not fair at all and just a lucky one! But still a goal and thats whats counts! Everyone(differents nations) pretty much agreed afterwards that Sweden was the better team!
Congrats anyway! Was a good match!

DrHerb
01-06-2008, 11:45 AM
It was a nailbiter especially in the 3rd period

jadger
01-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by GH_Klingstroem:
Considering we had the game in the 3rd period and in the sudden death too, the last goal was not fair at all and just a lucky one! But still a goal and thats whats counts! Everyone(differents nations) pretty much agreed afterwards that Sweden was the better team!
Congrats anyway! Was a good match!

A game is all 3 periods, not just the final one, and how was the last goal not fair at all? because it was against the run of play? so what. I would like those citations for "everyone" who said that Sweden was better.

jensenpark
01-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
I STILL find it amazing that other countries are willing to play against us!

Anyone remember last year? http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/442...421037125#4421037125 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/4421037125?r=4421037125#4421037125)

Also lets not forget the Spengler Cup win as well!
Even the "B" team wins!

"It's not absolutely the best team Canada can put together, but these guys are just as proud to wear the Canadian sweater as the top guys," said coach Sean Simpson. "They got their chance to show what they can do."

from -

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2007/12/31/spengler-cup.html?ref=rss

LOL! Man, year after year I just get more predictable in my posts...Good one Waldo.

Blutarski2004
01-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Hats off to the Juniors. They continue a long and proud tradition.

The moral to this story is NEVER challenge Canadians to play any sport involving ice. The first Team Canada/USSR hockey challenge was one of the greatest, most dramatic sports events of my life.