PDA

View Full Version : Lag

HF_Evolution
01-21-2005, 03:35 AM
~S~ All, since merging and up patching to 3.04m I am having bad lag in busy games eg;Warclouds. When getting close to another aircraft, ie on there 6 the game freezes, and when restarts ive crashed, and on times I have been auto booted. I know there is a fix to this, in the conf, but after spending the last hour searching through forums and sites I cant find it, so can some kindly soul out there help Tally Ho chaps. Fly High-Altitude is life.

BBB_Hyperion
01-21-2005, 04:09 AM
Well you need to differ between lag and stutter. In your case sounds like stutter you should try the latency tool before messing around in the conf .

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951

When you have an ATI cards for example latency is set to 255 for this card while other devices have lower settings so this card gets all performance .

With this tool you can change it good try is 64 for ati but depends little on system. 32 to 64 i got best results.

PBNA-Boosher
01-21-2005, 04:53 AM
ah... LaGG, great plane, great plane...

Diablo310th
01-21-2005, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HF_Evolution:
~S~ All, since merging and up patching to 3.04m I am having bad lag in busy games eg;Warclouds. When getting close to another aircraft, ie on there 6 the game freezes, and when restarts ive crashed, and on times I have been auto booted. I know there is a fix to this, in the conf, but after spending the last hour searching through forums and sites I cant find it, so can some kindly soul out there help Tally Ho chaps. Fly High-Altitude is life. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had the exact same problem. I did a complete re install of teh game and was in WC last night for the first time. I had alot of stutters, kept getting auto booted. I have used and applied the latency tool also.

WOLFMondo
01-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I get similar problems sometimes. Im pretty sure the stutters are to do with packetloss as the only times I ever get kicked are when im firing upon or being fired upon and the those bits of metal start flying off and the visual damage model appears. Thats when I get a time out b00t. Very frustrating.

All my settings, latency, network settings etc are all fine tuned from info gathered from here and a good understanding of both PC's and Fb servers.