PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter 2

razor_mad_dog
08-05-2005, 05:08 AM
I have bought silent hunter2 and Destroyer Command,they were cheap so why not! does anyone still play them? or should i just go and get hunter3.I see on ubi that there is no SH3? if i get game is it easy to play online?I need some info ,tnx http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gifps im 44yo

FDNYFAN
08-05-2005, 05:51 AM
If you want to play online you need SH 3.

EFileTahi-A
08-05-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by razor_mad_dog:
I have bought silent hunter2 and Destroyer Command,they were cheap so why not! does anyone still play them? or should i just go and get hunter3.I see on ubi that there is no SH3? if i get game is it easy to play online?I need some info ,tnx http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gifps im 44yo

Try http://www.subsim.com. You might still find there active ppl related to SH2.

razor_mad_dog
08-05-2005, 07:33 AM
Mate tnx very much for that reply! ill give it a go, otherwise im buying SH3 lol, tnx alot!

viciii3
08-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Razor,

after all the glitches...and complete lack of help and "fixes", from Ubisoft...I'm thinking of going back to SH2. I'll probably give it another week or so, but if I don't get some answers to the problems I'm having with SH3, I'm "outta there" and re-installing SH2.

SH2 always worked for me...sound, graphics, gameplay...never anything more than minor annoyances. I wish I could say the same for SH3. Other than graphics, which have been flawless AFAIC, SH3 has been a real disappointment , so far.

Where's the deck gun sound? Why is my sonarman a mute? What is with the simple task of changing a torpedo loadout? Why does a change in navigation result in an "all stop"? (a good way to get dead!).

And these are only after 5 days, a complete re-install and much cussing and lost hair.

Razor...you may not experience some or any of these problems but many have. I would wait and see if solutions are forthcoming before spending $40 on SH3...I wish I had.

Vic

bogusheadbox
08-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Silent hunter 3 has its bugs now. Sure. But it is dramatically reduced in price and in my opinion, now worth the money.

All you have to do is down load the official patches and then use beery's RUB mod and its a kick **** game.

Too bad a community mod had to do UBI's job. But heck, it costs ubi less that way.

GT182
08-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Viciii3, I guess it is time to go back to SHII if all you can do is complain. But wait.... did you ever stop to think it's not SHIII that's causing problems, but your computer and it's hardware? Hmmmmm, I guess not.

razor_mad_dog
08-06-2005, 04:59 AM
I thank everyone for there very informative replies!The reason i asked about ubi was that there is never anyone playing on the ubi game sight?I got these games because they looked really good to play!I have been playing Il2 Forgotten Battles,a flight sim , but now im looking to move into this sub versus boat setup! by the way does SH3 have ships that you can use to hunt subs ? or do you have to buy another game for that too? viciii3 thnx for your reply, im keen to get the patches for SH2 and maybe we may do battle agaist each other sometime lol tnx again.