PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys! Excited newbee with a few questions..

Coffee999
10-22-2004, 03:10 PM
In anticipation of PF, I bought and am getting ready to install FB Gold Pack. Then PF when it gets here. Do I need any other patches with that?

What about Ati settings for a 9800 pro?

A good Cougar file?

Direct links to any of these are good too. :-)

I getting ready to search out these answers now, but any responses are appreciated.

I remember reading a message from someone that pitty anyone just getting into this sim, cause of the work involved. Is it that involved? I'm bran new to props. I've flown F4 since release, and Lockon since release, so I'm as new to props as it gets.

Thanks to all that reply :-)

Coffee999
10-22-2004, 03:41 PM
Update, :-(

I installed the first two discs of FB, and it finished. I did the register thing, and did a restart after that was done.

I started up the install for the AEP, and it said "Forgotten Battles not found".

****!!!!! :-)

Takata_
10-22-2004, 05:17 PM
let me find what was the solution for this problem in AEP installation over FB. I remember something about language in windows registry key. I'll be back with an answer for that.

fordfan25
10-22-2004, 05:24 PM
i cant help you with you install problem im sorry.but the correct order as i understand it is to install f.b then install aep the patch 2.01 i think it is then install the last patch 2.04 i beleave.

NegativeGee
10-22-2004, 05:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coffee999:
A good Cougar file?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooh, looky here! (http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/files.php)

There a plenty to choose from, so I'm sure one will suit your style http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

BuzzU
10-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Did you try FB before you installed AEP to see if it worked?

Takata_
10-22-2004, 05:39 PM
I found that :

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Regarding Installation of FB1.0 + the Aces Expansion Pack ; and the error "IL2 Forgotten Battes not installed":

Make sure when you load FB1.0 *no need to add the patches by the way!*, that you utilize its AUTORUN function. This will set the appropriate "language" key in your FB1.0 installation. If you have AUTORUN capabilities turned off (either by choice or error) then just browse your cdrom drive in using your windows explorer and click on the cdrom drive. That should start the AUTORUN procedure.

Barring that, you may manually edit your registry to include the correct language by following this thread:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=007823#000000

You run regedit at your own risk. Try the process of using autorun off your fb 1.0 disk for starters to let it set the language appropriately to start with.

Once you've confirmed the language key is present and set appropriatly, your AEP install will work properly. Your AEP should autorun appropriately based upon your language key being set properly now. Barring that, setup.exe will work now without the error as long as the key is properly set.

NOTE: The instructions linked above are for the US_ENGLISH version of FB1.0 and AEP. You will have to get with a co-located owner of FB1.0 and AEP to understand the registry entries for your language install!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Takata_
10-22-2004, 05:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Takata_:
I found that :

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Regarding Installation of FB1.0 + the Aces Expansion Pack ; and the error "IL2 Forgotten Battes not installed":

Make sure when you load FB1.0 *no need to add the patches by the way!*, that you utilize its AUTORUN function. This will set the appropriate "language" key in your FB1.0 installation. If you have AUTORUN capabilities turned off (either by choice or error) then just browse your cdrom drive in using your windows explorer and click on the cdrom drive. That should start the AUTORUN procedure.

Barring that, you may manually edit your registry to include the correct language by following this thread:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=007823#000000

You run regedit at your own risk. Try the process of using autorun off your fb 1.0 disk for starters to let it set the language appropriately to start with.

Once you've confirmed the language key is present and set appropriatly, your AEP install will work properly. Your AEP should autorun appropriately based upon your language key being set properly now. Barring that, setup.exe will work now without the error as long as the key is properly set.

NOTE: The instructions linked above are for the US_ENGLISH version of FB1.0 and AEP. You will have to get with a co-located owner of FB1.0 and AEP to understand the registry entries for your language install!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once FB and AEP are installed, you have to update with patch 2.1 and patch 2.4

Bearcat99
10-22-2004, 06:47 PM
After you do that then go to the Sturmovik Essentials link in my sig and go to Coasties Place and check out his 9800 Pro settings. They work for me... As far as the cougar thing.. I cant help you there. I use a MSFFB2/X45/CHPedal combo. Im sure someone can though. Create a thread with the title "Good cougar profile needed" Im sure you will get lots of bites. Props are different.. thats all I really like. You might also want to hit some of those other links in the essentials thread. Particularly Tailspins, Eastern Skies, and Air Warfare.com. I would just suggest practice. Lots of it. Also use the full engine setup.. dont skimp there.. all the fully imersives like limited fuel, headshake, stalls and spins etc... you might want to practice gunnery on a mix of limmited and unlimmited ammo till you get the feel for the way the bullets behave in the sim.. then go limitted so you can lock in the feel for the ammo loads. The open or closed cockpit is entirely up to you. Offline I prefer to use no icons but I do like a flex pit so I can watch the scenery. You can practice ground attack using a dogfight map for 2 armies... jus mount up on one side and try to bomb, strafe or rocket the base on the other side. Keep in mind that you can run multplayer missions alone. In the DF missions only you will be there.. which is great for Gattack practice like I said.. if you crash or get shot down just hit refly and go again. Coops will run with the AI taking up any empty slots so if you are the only live pilot all the other slots will be filled by AI friendly and enemy.