PDA

View Full Version : How long will it drag on for?

Trzaskacz
09-24-2011, 02:33 PM
How long do you think the Assassins Creed Franchise will drag on for? Will there be another game after AC3? Will Ubisoft sell it to another game studio? Or will they make an Assassins Creed racing game? Other opinions are welcome!

eagleforlife1
09-24-2011, 02:43 PM
The Mission Designer on ACR, Falko Poiker, said "This is the last Assassin's Creed game featuring Altair and Ezio. But who knows, if there's enough fans that want to see them again we might give them a cameo in AC10"". Probably said tongue-in-cheek but it shows that they're thinking beyond AC3.

reini03
09-24-2011, 02:48 PM
An Assassin's Creed racing game?! WHAT THE--- ?!
Whatever. They once said "if we can't add anything new to it, it's simple: we won't ship it". And I believe that the developers at Montreal do have enough ideas to add lots of games after AC3.
Also, another developer involved with AC said "we could do 35 of these [Asssassin's Creed games]". So... yes, they are thinking beyond AC3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif .

rileypoole1234
09-24-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm getting a passive aggressive tone from you, but i'll answer. I honestly hop it goes on for a very long time. I love AC and I think there are many things they could do with the series. There definitely are countless amounts of options for locations, ancestors, time periods, and stories.

dxsxhxcx
09-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
An Assassin's Creed racing game?! WHAT THE--- ?!
Whatever. They once said "if we can't add anything new to it, it's simple: we won't ship it". And I believe that the developers at Montreal do have enough ideas to add lots of games after AC3.
Also, another developer involved with AC said "we could do 35 of these [Asssassin's Creed games]". So... yes, they are thinking beyond AC3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif .

there'll always exist new things to add, this doesn't mean they'll be good for the franchise..

Trzaskacz
09-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I'm getting a passive aggressive tone from you

What makes me seem aggressive?

Blind2Society
09-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Trzaskacz:
make an Assassins Creed racing game
"Have you lost your mind? Be gone from here shamo."

GeneralTrumbo
09-24-2011, 03:15 PM
I think AC3 should be the LAST main game, but I would be fine with them making a bunch of spin-offs. STILL with good quality of course...

Valaquen_
09-24-2011, 03:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I'm getting a passive aggressive tone from you

What makes me seem aggressive? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think because you said "drag on," as though the series has been stagnating and lurching, which doesn't seem to be the case for most/all. It's more vibrant/popular than ever.

notafanboy
09-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trzaskacz:
make an Assassins Creed racing game
"Have you lost your mind? Be gone from here shamo." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
off-topic: thatīs one badass sig Blind http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

dxsxhxcx
09-24-2011, 03:20 PM
I believe that with the "racing game" he was trying to say that Ubisoft could start milking the franchise just to make money, I don't think he was being serious, but the first thing I thought when I read what he wrote was Altair driving a kart and throwing turtle shells at Al Mualim.. lol

Blind2Society
09-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks a bunch, I think it's my best one to date. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

PirateRob
09-24-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm getting a passive aggressive tone from you, but i'll answer. I honestly hop it goes on for a very long time. I love AC and I think there are many things they could do with the series. There definitely are countless amounts of options for locations, ancestors, time periods, and stories.

this! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

NewBlade200
09-24-2011, 07:44 PM
It will drag on until it stops making a profit. It doesn't matter how much ideas they have, just the amount of advertising skill to make more trailers to grab more people. Look at COD. It has reached the point where no more can be added to it, but it still makes money. It is not allowed to die.

sassinscreed
09-25-2011, 05:33 AM
How long do you think the Assassins Creed Franchise will drag on for? Will there be another game after AC3? Will Ubisoft sell it to another game studio? Or will they make an Assassins Creed racing game? Other opinions are welcome!

as long as ubisoft makes good money from assassins creed they will make new games

ProletariatPleb
09-25-2011, 05:43 AM
^Spoken like a true Auditore http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
(Means, I agree with whatever he said.)

chrismohr1115
09-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
but the first thing I thought when I read what he wrote was Altair driving a kart and throwing turtle shells at Al Mualim.. lol

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Ioder
09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Hopefully forever.

TheLeoCrow
09-26-2011, 05:43 AM
As long as they sell, they will make them. And as long as they are good, they will sell. So, come back and ask about dragging on when it starts doing that, for now i believe they are as good as they can be given the limitations

Biomedical-Fire
09-26-2011, 08:24 AM
As soon as Desmond's story comes to a close, I am done with the franchise. I'll go back to just playing Rainbow 6, Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon. Unless they're able to make the next subject after Desmond interesting enough for me.

Elatreus
09-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Of course they will continue the franchise after Assassins Creed 3! It's Ubisoft's current biggest selling game franchise, they're not going to stop one of their biggest money makers.

As long as the game sells well, they will continue to make them.

Ioder
09-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
As soon as Desmond's story comes to a close, I am done with the franchise. I'll go back to just playing Rainbow 6, Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon. Unless they're able to make the next subject after Desmond interesting enough for me.
Would going back and playing as S16, going through everything he did,be interesting enough for you? I can see them doing that in the future.

dxsxhxcx
09-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Ioder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
Would going back and playing as S16, going through everything he did,be interesting enough for you? I can see them doing that in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is probably one of the few things I would like to see them doing after Desmond' story ends, instead of end up screwing up with the story adding a new protagonist that would use the animus to continue the story after Desmond, I would like to see them releasing games that make the AC universe around Desmond richer, like a game about S16, Daniel Cross or even games without the animus about the other assassins who have statues in the sanctuary...

LightRey
09-26-2011, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ioder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
Would going back and playing as S16, going through everything he did,be interesting enough for you? I can see them doing that in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is probably one of the few things I would like to see them doing after Desmond' story ends, instead of end up screwing up with the story adding a new protagonist that would use the animus to continue the story after Desmond, I would like to see them releasing games that make the AC universe around Desmond richer, like a game about S16, Daniel Cross or even games without the animus about the other assassins who have statues in the sanctuary... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Could be Desmond's story doesn't end with ACIII. He's still in his 20's after all. We followed Ezio from birth to death.

Animuses
09-26-2011, 05:00 PM
If Desmond's story does continue after AC3, then I think we'd have to say good bye to viewing an ancestor's memories.

OGCFB
09-26-2011, 05:02 PM
As long as the Desmond story ends in AC3 which if it doesn't im gonna be annoyed then who knows where they could take the series.

Animuses
09-26-2011, 05:06 PM
I really don't know what I want the series to be like after AC3.
Maybe just playing as random Assassins in random time periods.

LightRey
09-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
If Desmond's story does continue after AC3, then I think we'd have to say good bye to viewing an ancestor's memories.
Why? I can think of many reasons for Desmond to get back into the animus after AC3.

Animuses
09-26-2011, 05:12 PM
I don't think there is a good enough reason for him to go back in the animus or simply view ancestor's memories after AC3.

OGCFB
09-26-2011, 05:49 PM
If his story does continue after AC3 without true closure I think i'd have to think about getting the next one. You can't just build Desmond up over 4 games only to build him up some more in the big one...

Jexx21
09-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by OACFB:
If his story does continue after AC3 without true closure I think i'd have to think about getting the next one. You can't just build Desmond up over 4 games only to build him up some more in the big one...

Yea you can! :P

dxsxhxcx
09-26-2011, 06:02 PM
I don't think there is a good enough reason for him to go back in the animus or simply view ancestor's memories after AC3.

I can't even think in a good reason for him to use the animus in AC3... :P

Originally posted by LightRey:
Could be Desmond's story doesn't end with ACIII. He's still in his 20's after all. We followed Ezio from birth to death.

then they would need to turn AC into a game similar to Splinter Cell because I can't think in a good reason to not use modern weapons in the modern days...

Animuses
09-26-2011, 06:30 PM
I can't even think in a good reason for him to use the animus in AC3... :P
I agree.

Blind2Society
09-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Well, then I feel it is a good thing neither of you are working on the game.

Animuses
09-26-2011, 07:16 PM
I personally feel like Desmond should control the bleeding effect so he could be able to view his ancestor's memories without the animus. I just can't see Desmond using the animus while he's trying to "save the world".

Jexx21
09-26-2011, 07:51 PM
I personally feel like Desmond should control the bleeding effect so he could be able to view his ancestor's memories without the animus. I just can't see Desmond using the animus while he's trying to "save the world".

I feel like this is what he should be able to do at the end of Revelations, at least with the memories of Ezio and Altiar that he has.

EzioAssassin51
09-27-2011, 01:28 AM
I find it sad that only one or two other people have thought of/suggested that AC3 would just be the end of Desmond's story, most likely, and then after they could make spin-offs with other subjects like Daniel Cross and Sub16 or even below Sub16. I think Subject 1 would be very interested to play as!

I think a dev once said that AC3 would be the end of Desmond's fight, which could mean they could make other games without Desmond. To be honest, I'll keep buying them. They are always getting better and better and the story is soo interesting you know they will only make a good spin-off game if they can give it an awesome story.

SleezeRocker
09-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Elatreus:
Of course they will continue the franchise after Assassins Creed 3! It's Ubisoft's current biggest selling game franchise, they're not going to stop one of their biggest money makers.

As long as the game sells well, they will continue to make them.

Yup! Look at call of Duty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

LightRey
09-27-2011, 09:31 AM
New PoE's, possible different TWCB factions, hidden orders besides the Assassins, Templars and Hermetics, the Templars again, all of these things could have a direct impact on both the present day story and any possible ancestors.

Colossus_1191
09-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Considering the universe they created, many more games are possible.

Grandmaster_Z
09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
I really don't know what I want the series to be like after AC3.
Maybe just playing as random Assassins in random time periods.

tru

HIBEE12
09-27-2011, 11:01 AM
I cant really think what the games will play out like beyond AC3 , even how AC3 will play out like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but i hope that it doesn't become all run from guns ect...

LightRey
09-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Colossus_1191:
Exactly. Besides, they've shown that they can be very creative when it comes to thinking of underlying connections and plot-twists, which are exactly the things one would need to create a sequel to a story that has seemingly ended.

HIBEE12
09-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colossus_1191:
Exactly. Besides, they've shown that they can be very creative when it comes to thinking of underlying connections and plot-twists, which are exactly the things one would need to create a sequel to a story that has seemingly ended. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^^ this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 11:52 AM
I think it's gonna lasts until they can't milk it anymore

ajl992008
09-27-2011, 12:07 PM
a daniel cross game would be amazing, thats something i realy want actually, and stop making assumptions people by saying thigns like they dont have a creason gto put him back into the animus etc, we havnt played acr so we dont know how it turns out, we havtn played ac3 to see how that turns out so of course it will be the closure of desmonds arch but whos to say they wont bring him back for an epilogue with a final ancestor to learn something and deal with the lastr remaining templars like bloodlines.

Animuses
09-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ajl992008:
stop making assumptions people by saying thigns like they dont have a creason gto put him back into the animus etc. Bleeding effect. If he controls it then going into the animus would be useless.

naran6142
09-27-2011, 01:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajl992008:
stop making assumptions people by saying thigns like they dont have a creason gto put him back into the animus etc. Bleeding effect. If he controls it then going into the animus would be useless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can see that been the direction the story taking

desmond will learn to control his genetic memory in ACR, then use it in future games

crash3
09-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Call of Duty is on its 9th game, I'm pretty sure the Assassins Creed games will last that long too. I love these games, having just one more game after ACR would end the series too abrubtly I want the franchise to go on until at least 2015!!!

Animuses
09-27-2011, 02:14 PM
After AC3, if they do continue the series, they must stop doing annual releases.

naran6142
09-27-2011, 02:15 PM
why stop at 2015??http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i would want the series to on for as long as possible

i would like AC to be an annual series but 2 years between games would be fine with me

im absolutely fine with ubi milking the franchise

OGCFB
09-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:

i would like AC to be an annual series but 2 years between games would be fine with me

Can you hear that? It's Ubis milk cow saying please don't let me end up like activisions cow no stop milking me my teats are saw nooooooooo...

naran6142
09-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by OACFB:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

Can you hear that? It's Ubis milk cow saying please don't let me end up like activisions cow no stop milking me my teats are saw nooooooooo... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol

well they did say that if they have nothing to add, they wont ship

and plenty of people still play COD so they must be doing something right

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ajl992008:
a daniel cross game would be amazing, thats something i realy want actually, and stop making assumptions people by saying thigns like they dont have a creason gto put him back into the animus etc, we havnt played acr so we dont know how it turns out, we havtn played ac3 to see how that turns out so of course it will be the closure of desmonds arch but whos to say they wont bring him back for an epilogue with a final ancestor to learn something and deal with the lastr remaining templars like bloodlines.

That always bugged me. Lol, not a Daniel game, but the fact that the comics downgraded the assassins doing much anymore. Nikolai's hidden blade was only that, a blade. Ezio on the other hand had like everything in there. And the reason why Nikolai survived the Tsar was so corny. He didn't want to kill the ASSASSIN because his children were watching? Weird.

Animuses
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:

No, they absolutely need to stop with annual releases.

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

No, they absolutely need to stop with annual releases. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, just think how good it would be if they had two years to do them? But it's more the company that's forcing them then the actually people who have to make these games.