PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek fans



DKoor
04-18-2008, 05:49 AM
Which is your fav series/movie?
I liked Enterprise (latest)... good team (actors) and very very good final realization.
Many fans disliked that series, but for some reason it really worked for me.

Monterey13
04-18-2008, 05:55 AM
TNG FTW!

Billy_BigBoy
04-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Voyager, the last seasons. The leaned more to the dark side.

SeaFireLIV
04-18-2008, 06:02 AM
Next Gen too PC.

Voyager was deathly boring, but became better towards the end when it finished. 7 of 9 was nice to look at though.

I actually preferred Deep space 9 since it was less politically correct in many ways, yet still fell into `the federation Empire knows best` routine.

At the end of the day, the original Star trek with captain kirk was best. It still had the `we know best` attitude, but it still made up for it with the sexy `60s girls. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

cawimmer430
04-18-2008, 06:17 AM
I always liked "The Next Generation", "Deep Space Nine" and "Voyager" equally.

She can assimilate me anytime! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/Seven_of_nine.jpg

SeaFireLIV
04-18-2008, 06:21 AM
You missed the best part of 7 of 9...

Monterey13
04-18-2008, 06:23 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/13thAFMonterey/019.jpg

Deedsundone
04-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Star Trek....Most of the "aliens" seems only to have different facial anatomy or marks.Feels cheap.Now,Star War on the other hand.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Breeze147
04-18-2008, 06:53 AM
I don't care what anybody says, I want a piece of Lt. Uhuru.

SeaFireLIV
04-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Bah! guess it`s up to me then...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/SevenOfNineJeriRyan-224x299.jpg

Bearcat99
04-18-2008, 07:16 AM
I liked them all... but TNG really expanded on the whole story. I agree with deeds... That was one thing about Trek that after a while got old.... that and the fact that everyone knew how to fly every one elses stuff.... BSG II has replaced Trek & SW as my fave Sci Fi series though...

Stew278
04-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Enterprise and DS9 were my favorites.

Bewolf
04-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Well, I do not know if "favorite" is the right term here. Maybe "most bearable" fits better. Star Trek goes right into most Sci-Fi series problem, like Star Gate or even worse, Andromeda, that beeing not exactly "good", just better then most of the other c*ap beeing aired.

Also for some reason, Star Trek series tend to become only good during their last two seasons really. In this regard TNG is probably the best.

Now the new Battlestar Galactica and Firefly (sadly cancelled)is a different breed alltogether. And I am really curious bout the upcoming Star Wars live action TV series.

BSS_CUDA
04-18-2008, 08:56 AM
DS9 was the best, especially after they intoduced the Dominion and put the Kilngon's on the series regular. K'Plah

But I have to admit. Jolene Blaylock (T'Pol) is Hot

crucislancer
04-18-2008, 09:01 AM
I've always preferred the Original Series and some of the movies with that crew then the rest. The last few episodes of the 3rd season weren't so great, though. As far as the movies go, The Wrath of Khan is still the best of the original crew. The remaster of the first movie is much better then the theatrical release.

I was actually disappointed in TNG for the first couple of seasons, then it really started come into it's own. That's the last of the Star Trek series that I've seen every episode. Didn't really care for the movies much, though First Contact was good. Insurrection was garbage.

DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise were all quite good, but I started to tune out after a couple of seasons of each. I try to catch Enterprise on Mondays on the Sci Fi Channel, and I'm starting to warm up to it. I can appreciate what they tried to do with it, but they lost me with the time travel BS and Zindi plot line.

I agree with Bearcat, BSG is my favorite Sci Fi show right now.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-18-2008, 09:19 AM
I watched the original (only 2 seasons) Star trek with my Dad as a kid. As a self-proclained "purist" I stayed away from TNG for the first 2 seasons. One of my good buddies kept telling me about it and I started watching some of the reruns that ran daily in the evening. It was easy to get caught up on everything and things were much more linear after seeing almost every missed episode in a 2 month period. I was hooked.

DS9 was lacking for me, but the latest "Enterprise" is really good and getting better every week.

Worf101
04-18-2008, 09:21 AM
I watched "most" of the series. I loved TNG but I became DEVOTED to DS9. It's the ONLY TV series I OWN!!!! The Dominion war, the problems that caused for Odo, the completion of the Klingon mythos. The fall, riese and fall of Gul Dukat. Jake growing up, Miles and his kids the death of Kirzon Dax. Quark and family. Man I could go on and on. DS9 wa some of the best drama on T.V. at that time... period.

Da Worfster

BSS_CUDA
04-18-2008, 09:27 AM
agreed BSG is the best "right now" too bad it will be the last season. best Sci-Fi all time was B5

SeaFireLIV
04-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Worf101:
I watched "most" of the series. I loved TNG but I became DEVOTED to DS9. It's the ONLY TV series I OWN!!!! The Dominion war, the problems that caused for Odo, the completion of the Klingon mythos. The fall, riese and fall of Gul Dukat. Jake growing up, Miles and his kids the death of Kirzon Dax. Quark and family. Man I could go on and on. DS9 wa some of the best drama on T.V. at that time... period.

Da Worfster

I actually liked gul Dukat quite a lot. he had character.

Another alien I liked a lot was Quark! Yes, he looked ugly (which was a nice alien touch), but he never gave up his alien beliefs for the `Hu-Man` way. He was my favourite character...

Guess that says a lot about me.

Dax died? hmmm.... I must have missed those episodes....

BSS_CUDA
04-18-2008, 09:56 AM
My Personal fav character from DS9 was General Martok

Rjel
04-18-2008, 10:40 AM
For me The Next Generation is my favorite by far. Good story lines, excellent character development and very good FX for a television series. I loved the original series tho it obviously looks dated now. And I thought Enterprise was much better than it's ratings might imply.

To me the idea of a bright future for mankind is what sets the Star Trek theme apart from most science fiction series, movies and even novels. Most seem to represent the future as a very dark place.

DKoor
04-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Rjel:
To me the idea of a bright future for mankind is what sets the Star Trek theme apart from most science fiction series, movies and even novels. Most seem to represent the future as a very dark place. +1

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
You missed the best part of 7 of 9...

Her "borg implants"? lol

P.S. TNG and Original, in that order.

Breeze147
04-18-2008, 12:19 PM
http://www.daviddarling.info/images/Mirror_Mirror.jpg

Die, Biotches!

zardozid
04-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Their would have been no Star trek without the original series. It was "campy" at times (just like most of the mid 1960's) but it fueled my young imagination to no end...it was also one of the few tv shows that had a positive asian character in it.

I also like TNG... I was blown away by some of those "end of the season cliff hangers", brilliant! One of the reasons that show held my attention (and gained my admiration) was because of the writing... TNG was the first tv series that broke out of the episodic stranglehold of tv storytelling. What I mean by that is that before TNG every single episode of a tv show had to resolve all the storylines within that same episode. But with TNG characters changed, evolved and grew throughout the course of the season. A minor subplot from one episode might be revisited in a future episode and the characters involved might suddenly find themselfs in the middle of a major plot twist....

http://www.onedigitallife.com/images/star-trek-mad.jpg

jarink
04-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by crucislancer:
I've always preferred the Original Series and some of the movies with that crew then the rest. The last few episodes of the 3rd season weren't so great, though. As far as the movies go, The Wrath of Khan is still the best of the original crew.

Agree 100%.

KHHHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!
http://admiralrupert.googlepages.com/kirk.jpg

One of the best Pop Culture movie lines from the 80s.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

crucislancer
04-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by zardozid:
Their would have been no Star trek without the original series. It was "campy" at times (just like most of the mid 1960's) but it fueled my young imagination to no end...it was also one of the few tv shows that had a positive asian character in it.

I also like TNG... I was blown away by some of those "end of the season cliff hangers", brilliant! One of the reasons that show held my attention (and gained my admiration) was because of the writing... TNG was the first tv series that broke out of the episodic stranglehold of tv storytelling. What I mean by that is that before TNG every single episode of a tv show had to resolve all the storylines within that same episode. But with TNG characters changed, evolved and grew throughout the course of the season. A minor subplot from one episode might be revisited in a future episode and the characters involved might suddenly find themselfs in the middle of a major plot twist....

http://www.onedigitallife.com/images/star-trek-mad.jpg

Good point about the storylines. Some of the series used this well, but when the story is weak (the Enterprise Zendi/tie travel plot line comes to mind), it makes for a season worth of bordom.

Great pick from Mad Magazine! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

crucislancer
04-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by jarink:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crucislancer:
I've always preferred the Original Series and some of the movies with that crew then the rest. The last few episodes of the 3rd season weren't so great, though. As far as the movies go, The Wrath of Khan is still the best of the original crew.

Agree 100%.

KHHHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!
http://admiralrupert.googlepages.com/kirk.jpg

One of the best Pop Culture movie lines from the 80s.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I watched the Director's Cut a couple of weekends ago. Brought back a lot of memories, and I still get a little misty-eyed at the end. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif