PDA

View Full Version : News about the Pe-2 Add-On

GoGamer-Jason
04-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm back from my trip and I immediately tried to find out what's up with the Pe-2 add-on. After much prodding I found out that my download partner, whom shall remain nameless is unable to make this title available in time for the release date. It's a very long story and I am fuming mad over it. Our contract with them pevents me from divulging details, but it's safe to say I am EXTREMELY dissappointed that I could not deliver on this one. This should have been the event that put our download service on the map.

Thanks to those that waited patiently for my proper announcement. This one is in stark contrast to my earlier excited, but pre-mature comments about the release. I've known for sometime that this would be a download only title and I wanted to really sell it to you all and show everyone that a download option wasn't so bad. But alas...

GoGamer will continue to support flight-simmers and sell whatever hard-to-find titles or gear you need. We appreciate all the support you have given us with the IL-2 DVD and various add-ons we have begun carrying.

I do know that I have a brand new accessory that coming down the line that should be a hit. We may have an exclusive on it. More news when I get it.

Again, sorry I won't have Pe-2 at launch or maybe ever. It's out of my hands unfortunately.

And for the record it's not really even Ubi's fault.

My suggestion to USA pilots is to buy it from Ubi.com at launch and just have fun with it.

Best Regards,
Jason

woofiedog
04-26-2006, 03:47 PM
I'd like to say... Thank's for your support of the IL-2 members here and the information.
This is sad news indeed for both sides.
Again Thank's

georgeo76
04-26-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm sorry, but isn't the whole point of direct download to eliminate packaging, shipping, and the retailers cut? Maybe I don't understand the business model.

p1ngu666
04-26-2006, 04:04 PM
his download partner will be the file host. think along the lines of webhost, and/or fileplanet, rapideshade.de kind of thing.

the physical part of a package is actully pretty cheap in % terms. cd/dvd/game and similer...

crazyivan1970
04-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Jason, i edited title a bit. It sounds misleading, sorry man, we have enough of panic here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

F19_Orheim
04-27-2006, 01:37 AM
I too do not understand. The point with download buying is that you are free from the restrictions of shipping, and /or the locality of the store. What would the point be for Gogamer to have it "downloadable" when we can buy it online from UBI?

Sharpe26
04-27-2006, 06:02 AM
that's easily explainable Orheim, remember patch fever? everytime there was a patch for this stuff and it was released, the site would slow down or go down with everybody and his dog trying to get the patch at the same time. I hope to god they'll try not to let that happen.

GoGamer-Jason
04-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Guys,

Dowloadable games are distributed just like other games. The more folks selling it the more sales you may get. Ubi has digital distribution deals with several download companies including the one we do business with, but unfortunatetly that company can't come though for us on this one.

Jason