PDA

View Full Version : Storyline Mission Replayability

Ameriph
02-22-2010, 04:34 PM
*PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST. SLIGHT EQUIPMENT SPOILERS.*

Rather than have this buried at the bottom of some 3+ page topic, I decided to post this as a new topic entirely. I, like many other people, would like to see the ability to replay storyline missions. I know a major concern of Ubisoft's has been what items are available at a given time, meaning they do not want people able to wear the Armor of Altair, Altair's Sword, ect. in Sequence 3.

I've come up with an idea that I think could work quite easily. All Ubisoft would have to do is put, say "Armor of Altair [LOCKED]" and if you tried to equip it, a message would appear saying "Error: You must progress farther in the story before equipping this". The [LOCKED] would remain on certain weapons or parts of armor sets in the Villa until you could buy/obtained the items in the story. The same system would work with the Capes and the Condotierro(sp?) Warhammer--[The second weapon on the Warhammers Weapon Rack].

I know the Locks system I've suggested may have some of you concerned about armor at the beginning (i.e. Leather Body), so this would automatically appear equipped when you could obtain it. Note that things like this--obtaining the free leather body or things like that--after both purchasing the item and completing that memory sequence. It would also only apply to the items you obtain before you can access your Villa.

nightcobra
02-22-2010, 04:42 PM
hell no, replaying while having everything i've worked to achieve including altair's armor is what matters in this feature, giving us the liberty to choose what we can or not use.

Randy 355
02-22-2010, 04:45 PM
While I do think that is a good idea, I just don't see why we can't equip any armor or sword ANYWAY. We can already play as Altair if you decide to make a new file on a gamertag that has already unlocked the altair costume through uplay. I know that the altair costume has no effects, but I still don't see why we can't take upgrades back with us. It is a sandbox game afterall... right?

Somebody correct me if I am mislead.

SneakyStabz
02-22-2010, 04:51 PM
My comments from another thread about the "unbalanced" argument and lack of mission replay. I personally dont enjoy doing the same thing over and over the exact same way. I like to set up impossible scenarios and try and complete them, like killing the last guy with the staff still in his hand! (awesome video to whoever posted it!!)

And as far as unbalancing the game, we are not asking for New Game+, just to be able to replay missions without starting over. And even if it did unbalance the game, who cares, its my game and I already beat it! Its not an MMO, how I play doesn't effect anyone else. Maybe I like being uberleet and decking out in the best gear and weapons just to roflstomp the easy starter levels. Maybe I want a challenge, and want to try to beat the last guy in only cloth armor, unarmed, without smoke bombs or healing supplies. Maybe I like letting my friends try out missions I found to be the most fun, like the stage coach ride through the mountains that I only got to do once!!!

Point is, its my game and my fun factor. Mission/Memory replay adds replay value to the game after I've beat it, at least for ME. Take Uncharted2 for example, when you beat it you can play every mission again, increase the difficulty, play as a different character with a different "skin", find treasures you missed (even on easier difficulties), Black and White mode, Unlimited Ammo ect. Yeah its unbalanced, but I beat it the balanced way and appreciate the option to replay it my way. And its an "option" if you don't like it, don't use it... after all its your game too!!

APHughes
02-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by SneakyStabz:
My comments from another thread about the "unbalanced" argument and lack of mission replay. I personally dont enjoy doing the same thing over and over the exact same way. I like to set up impossible scenarios and try and complete them, like killing the last guy with the staff still in his hand! (awesome video to whoever posted it!!)

And as far as unbalancing the game, we are not asking for New Game+, just to be able to replay missions without starting over. And even if it did unbalance the game, who cares, its my game and I already beat it! Its not an MMO, how I play doesn't effect anyone else. Maybe I like being uberleet and decking out in the best gear and weapons just to roflstomp the easy starter levels. Maybe I want a challenge, and want to try to beat the last guy in only cloth armor, unarmed, without smoke bombs or healing supplies. Maybe I like letting my friends try out missions I found to be the most fun, like the stage coach ride through the mountains that I only got to do once!!!

Point is, its my game and my fun factor. Mission/Memory replay adds replay value to the game after I've beat it, at least for ME. Take Uncharted2 for example, when you beat it you can play every mission again, increase the difficulty, play as a different character with a different "skin", find treasures you missed (even on easier difficulties), Black and White mode, Unlimited Ammo ect. Yeah its unbalanced, but I beat it the balanced way and appreciate the option to replay it my way. And its an "option" if you don't like it, don't use it... after all its your game too!!

Well said. I paid for it. I want to play it over and over but not from scratch every f**king time. If I want to play the stage coach or fly the flying machine over venice we should be allowed to.

I can take or leave the weapons not allowed argument. I just want a replay missions option. I mean wasnt the towers level in tuscany good? why should I have to start from scratch just so I can play that level again. That was the one thing that always annoyed me about the GTA games.

When I played Assassins Creed I loved it and what I loved even more was being able to pick which memory to replay. I was so P**SED when I realised you couldnt replay the missions.

But to be honest I think it will be implemented. Why else would the DNA section be included in the pause menu? Eash sequence is llisted with all of its individual memories. I really think they will intorduce a patch that will enable mission replay.

APHughes
02-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by APHughes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SneakyStabz:

Well said. I paid for it. I want to play it over and over but not from scratch every f**king time. If I want to play the stage coach or fly the flying machine over venice we should be allowed to.

I can take or leave the weapons not allowed argument. I just want a replay missions option. I mean wasnt the towers level in tuscany good? why should I have to start from scratch just so I can play that level again. That was the one thing that always annoyed me about the Grand Theft Auto games.

When I played Assassins Creed I loved it and what I loved even more was being able to pick which memory to replay. I was so P**SED when I realised you couldnt replay the missions.

But to be honest I think it will be implemented. Why else would the DNA section be included in the pause menu? Eash sequence is llisted with all of its individual memories. I really think they will intorduce a patch that will enable mission replay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

APHughes
02-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by APHughes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by APHughes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SneakyStabz:

I can take or leave the weapons not allowed argument. I just want a replay missions option. I mean wasnt the towers level in tuscany good? why should I have to start from scratch just so I can play that level again. That was the one thing that always annoyed me about the Grand Theft Auto games.

But to be honest I think it will be implemented. Why else would the DNA section be included in the pause menu? Each sequence is llisted with all of its individual memories. I really think they will intorduce a patch that will enable mission replay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SneakyStabz
02-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Hehe nice triple post Hughes... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

dorido
02-23-2010, 08:39 AM
i think what ubi is trying to avoid is any sort of glitch or continuity error from,let's say, shooting the first assassination target with a gun or using the climb jump when weren't allowed to, etc.

i personally wouldn't mind if I could end up shooting umberto albrti and the following cutscene has me stabbing him all of a sudden when i was just meters away from him, but i could see how it might bother people or glitch out the game.

remember the uproar when sequence 11 rendered the game unplayable, i think that's what they want to avoid

itsamea-mario
02-23-2010, 08:46 AM
yeh there should be NO problem with equipement as far as i can see, and as for the first missions, just give us civilian cltohes as default for those. if we can replay side missions and tombs then why no story missions, i mean there is a big clash with the tombs, especially if you play them with altair armour, so they should allow us to REPLAY any mission we want. they did it in ballad of gay tony and uncharted two.

SneakyStabz
02-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by dorido:
i personally wouldn't mind if I could end up shooting umberto albrti and the following cutscene has me stabbing him all of a sudden when i was just meters away from him, but i could see how it might bother people or glitch out the game.

remember the uproar when sequence 11 rendered the game unplayable, i think that's what they want to avoid

In several missions I had disparities in the cut scene and how I actually killed them though and it didn't break anything. Two in particular come to mind in DLC2. I killed the doctor from full range with the gun and it cut to me stabbing him with out problems. And the guy that has guards block the bridge and is walking around on a terrace overlooking the bridge. I crept around back and ledge ganked him, throwing him off into the water and it cut to me standing over him talking with out issue?

I'm not saying it will be easy to implement, I'm saying it should have been implement before releasing the game. Ubisoft admits to cutting the feature to make release dates, and in my opinion should focus on fixing it. I consider this a defect in the game that deserves immediate attention.

At least patch it so that the Animus tool tips that show during loading stop saying...

"You can ACCESS and REVIEW previous memories from the DNA subfolders"

This is a quote from memory but the ALL CAP emphasis was included with the tool tips!!

lol FAIL!! emphasis intended!

dorido
02-23-2010, 09:57 AM
it's true that they seem to have the power to do something about it, but the sadder truth is that the full team has probably moved on to AC 2.5 instead of making dlc's and patches for this game so that they could sell us another "full" game for the price of a full game instead of tweaking this current game to perfection which I dont think would be to hard as the main problem im seeing is NO REPLAYABLE STORY MISSIONS!!!

theyre probably taking their cue from bethesda with their new vegas which was taken from the call of duty series. that cue being releasing a new game in the series every year even if its the same game with a new make over and some small additions, which is not to the benefit of gamers imo but just a money thing (selling a game with little improvements but knowing that people will get it because the franchise name is on it, i mean look at the dlcs we got...they werent too amazing and should really have on the disc in the first place but we still bought it cuz assassins creed is just awesome)

whew...rant over

nightcobra
02-23-2010, 10:04 AM
except new vegas is not being made by bethesda
it's made by obsidian, the original creators of the fallout universe so i'm expecting great things from new vegas.

dorido
02-23-2010, 10:23 AM
lol don't get me wrong im totally gonna get new vegas just to see the direction obsidian is gonna take it, but was slightly dissapointed when i saw screenshots of the game and saw very litte changes to it since fallout 3 other than atmosphere...

i really hope this isnt the direction the game industry is leading to as it seems to be slowing down or stagnating in the innovation department. i mean it seems they want to stay in this gaming generation as long as possible which to me translates to let's milk gamers of their money first as they seem not to notice that we're kinda BS'ing them...maybe game development might be harder than i think though lol

nightcobra
02-23-2010, 11:05 AM
ezio did the right thing
borgia got a lot worse death than just by being stabbed with the hidden blade and it was just a few years later in 1503.

about new vegas, did you read the article that had the screenshots?
sure it may have the same engine, but the people who were allowed to play the game said something along the lines that it feels at same time very familiar but very different but in a good sense if i'm making any sense.

dorido
02-23-2010, 12:38 PM
woops srry thats suppose to be my new sig and iwas talking about borgia's son

good to know about new vegas having a different feel but keeping the good stuff, must a missed the article or maybe i saw a leaked but all i got from it was confirmations based on the screens like geckos and wat not

nightcobra
02-23-2010, 12:54 PM
i expect the dialogue and story will be much better, also they added a reputation system as well as karma (much like how fable does it i imagine). you also can customize your weapons, the vatss system has been upgraded with groin shots being a possibility. and more factions
such as ncr (new california republic), locals of vegas, the slaver syndicate, super mutant faction (intelligent and non-intelligent), and the brotherhood of steel will come back.

dorido
02-23-2010, 01:48 PM
wow awesome this is news to me, i guess that means they might be implementing that reputation system to the faction loyalty system i heard about in which case im ncr all the way based on the new digs their shock troopers get to wear

kinda funny we're talking about this game on this board lol

nightcobra
02-23-2010, 01:53 PM
well assassin's creed gave permission to mgs4 to use altair's costume, it would be sweet if they did the same for new vegas with an ezio costume

i'm undecided between ncr or brotherhood of steel

dorido
02-23-2010, 02:14 PM
lol if we talk about it enough maybe they'll add something assassiny *crosses fingers for fallot hidden blade*

if i remeber correctly werent the western brotherhood of steel "a holes" compared to their chivalric eastern counter parts? cuz if theyre like the outcast brotherhood im protecting new vegas from them lol

nightcobra
02-23-2010, 02:47 PM
and this is obsidian we're talking about, with dialogues these people are some of the best i've seen, you can be sure morality won't be black and white but a whole lot of grey and hard choices.
i think they also stated that the faction aren't just good or evil but a very intricate mix.

dorido
02-23-2010, 03:35 PM
cool sounds like we might finally be getting less linear main story and be given choices that actually matter like letting the fable 2 dog die for money lol though i would never do that to my dogmeat

you here anything bout companions? i heard followers will have a deeper mechanic *crosses fingers for something like mass effect 2 for the very least*

ltheghost
02-25-2010, 06:42 PM
The Ubisoft Creed.....

Nothing is true...Replay is not permitted..

Black_Widow9
02-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Ameriph:
*PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST. SLIGHT EQUIPMENT SPOILERS.*

Rather than have this buried at the bottom of some 3+ page topic, I decided to post this as a new topic entirely. I, like many other people, would like to see the ability to replay storyline missions. I know a major concern of Ubisoft's has been what items are available at a given time, meaning they do not want people able to wear the Armor of Altair, Altair's Sword, ect. in Sequence 3.

I've come up with an idea that I think could work quite easily. All Ubisoft would have to do is put, say "Armor of Altair [LOCKED]" and if you tried to equip it, a message would appear saying "Error: You must progress farther in the story before equipping this". The [LOCKED] would remain on certain weapons or parts of armor sets in the Villa until you could buy/obtained the items in the story. The same system would work with the Capes and the Condotierro(sp?) Warhammer--[The second weapon on the Warhammers Weapon Rack].

I know the Locks system I've suggested may have some of you concerned about armor at the beginning (i.e. Leather Body), so this would automatically appear equipped when you could obtain it. Note that things like this--obtaining the free leather body or things like that--after both purchasing the item and completing that memory sequence. It would also only apply to the items you obtain before you can access your Villa.

I think this is a good idea however, please post it here-
Official Petition (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1001056608)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic closed</span>