PDA

View Full Version : Please UbiSoft, Listen

Jennifyre
12-09-2011, 04:12 AM
I'm a PC gamer. I do not own a PS3 or a Xbox 360. I'm one of the faceless many that buy your games, and enjoy them. I also bought apparel off of UbiWorkshop.com.

I LOVE Assassin's Creed. The story is so rich and deep, and 2 days ago I purchased Revalations. I have one issue. You refuse to fix the multiplayer controls when using a gamepad. I use the Logitech F310. It works fine in all games that require a gamepad and is recognized as properly in single player mode. WHY would you have it not work properly in multiplayer as well?..

Please... quickly release a patch to fix this issue. It would make so many people happy with you. Or you can ignore it like you did with Brotherhood and then wonder why people would rather just pirate the game beat the single player and be done with it. Because there is obviously no point in buying it when you don't even get support or even a mention..

Mr_Shade
12-09-2011, 04:39 AM
Hi there,

Please make sure you post in the feedback threads - but currently the main supported gamepad is the Xbox Controller.

Have you contacted support to see what they suggest?

I would suggest against talking about pirate software on the forums please.

value_zero
12-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Because there is obviously no point in buying it when you don't even get support or even a mention..

Support?!? Haha that made me laugh, its ubisoft after all.

Brotherhood had like 2 patches, that dont fix anything serious, many people had the same issues like you, why patch for brotherhood didnt came out to fix it when it was, and you expect here to be fixed. Ubisoft is greedy company, 3 assassins creeds for pc for almost 2 years and dlc s, and dont want to go back the last game and fix some simple things. No patches, sorry, working on ac 3 right now.

Just check out the other video games'es forums the people are mostly talking about their ingame expirience, here mostly it is talking about ingame faulties and problems with it.

bhhari91
12-09-2011, 07:34 AM
plz do something abt the black screen error plz....i hav contacted the support and nothing has been done yet!!!! plz admin do something abt this

WTW26
12-09-2011, 09:37 AM
I've contacted support about this very issue, but they haven't replied, which I guess is their way of saying "no, we are not going to fix it". You'll either have to buy a different gamepad, or play with a keyboard and mouse.

alvindarkness
12-09-2011, 11:58 AM
I didn't know that the F310 didn't work in multiplayer as Im yet to try multiplayer, but that is very disappointing. Im playing single player at the moment with it and its working fine (while booting into Windows).

But if you think you have it bad, us Mac users have been treated amazingly poorly by ubisoft. *Every* other modern game I have bought from other publishers for Mac supports the F310 right off the bat. FIFA12 by EA, Batman Arkham Asylum by FeralInteractive, etc. Yet *NO* ubisoft game seems to support *ANY* gamepad on the mac. Despite many people requesting this simple feature on ubisoft's own forums.

Compare this to a post made by a Feral Interactive worker on macrumors (note: this isn't even their own forum! Someone from Feral took the time to find it, and reply in another corner of the web) -

"No but Feral use a dynamic system which allows the creation of new gamepad support files for devices that are not already supported.

If you have an unsupported gamepad, email padsupport AT feralinteractive.com and our support team will reply to you with a request for information about your device. Once we have this information, a gamepad support file will be created and emailed to you.

Once created, this gamepad support file will be used in all future games and updates - so you will not only be helping us get your device working; you will also help all other owners of the same device who play Feral games!"

Now that is proper customer support, ubisoft could learn a thing or two from that. Us Mac users who own ubisoft games can't even run 3rd party solutions like ControllerMate, since Ubisoft uses some bizarrely unique keyboard/mouse input code that no other programming team could possibly conceive - and totally ignores programs that emulate key presses or mouse movements.

I bought AC:R because of the time vested in the series. But unless ubisoft has better support for Mac + Gamepads in the future, it will be my last ubisoft purchase.

alvindarkness
12-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Sorry just one more quick thing, not to hijack the thread - cause this is somewhat related.

If any of the programmers at Ubisoft wanted to help somewhat support AC:B gamepad support in a round about way by changing literally one number in your code, can you please include my request from months ago on your own forum. Which is copy/pasted below -

At the moment AC:B only accepts mouse buttons 0 to 7. If they were to allow 0-10 it would allow us to map all the keys we need from a controller (be it PS3 or something else) to virtual mouse buttons that would work within the game.

Ubisoft, surely this requires changing 2 or 3 lines of code? If someone there would include it in the next update, I would be appreciated, as would many OSX users.

Teegster
12-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Hi there,

Please make sure you post in the feedback threads - but currently the main supported gamepad is the Xbox Controller.

Yeah, that's not true at all. I have an Xbox 360 Controller and it's not working at all in multiplayer.

This is honestly unacceptable...

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Teegster:
Yeah, that's not true at all. I have an Xbox 360 Controller and it's not working at all in multiplayer.

This is honestly unacceptable...

We are aware of the Left Trigger not working in multiplayer, but the Xbox 360 Controller does work apart from this. Have you installed the driver for it?

Jennifyre
12-13-2011, 08:01 AM
The only way to get the controller to work properly in Multiplayer is to put it in Direct Input mode. Because in Multiplayer it's recognized as a Direct Input controller instead of Xinput. It was the same way in Brotherhood. Just make the controller work the same way it does in Singleplayer. Why does it have to be so complicated?