PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Roll Rate!

Daiichidoku
11-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Is what happens, when Im hit sometimes in the wing...

The planes behaves as if it has lost a wing, rolling it momentarily unnaturally fast!...but both wings remain, and controls can be quickly reestablished

Happened to me in Jugs, and even in a Beaufighter!...hit on one wing with cannon fire, the ship rolled into the struck wing as if it was blown off (it wasnt) and continued to do a complete 360 roll before I had any control, and at a rate of roll that surpassed that which it was capable of normally, (and the wing hit did NOT damage control cables or moving flying surfaces)

Anyone else encounter this? Never used to do it until 3.0, and still did it in 3.01...havent seen it in 3.02bm yet...

Wonder if this is a glitch, and if the dev know about it...

chris455
11-28-2004, 02:45 PM
It's supposed to simulate being hit in the wing.

Von_Zero
11-28-2004, 02:46 PM
yeah, it's a common thing, sometimes you find yourself upside down asking "what the...". it's really cool. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Enofinu
11-28-2004, 03:24 PM
i find it unrealistic, but still i like it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif its annoying when i myself are at receiving end http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WTE_Dukayn
11-28-2004, 03:33 PM
I've actually bailed out of a Spit that I had this happen in cos I thought the wing was gone. That was kinda embarrasing...

repoman11
11-28-2004, 03:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WTE_Dukayn:
I've actually bailed out of a Spit that I had this happen in cos I thought the wing was gone. That was kinda embarrasing... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did exactly the same thing in a P-40 on Slammin's server. He has externals on, so I saw the plane was still flyable after bailing out. I was a little confused.

VW-IceFire
11-28-2004, 04:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daiichidoku:
Is what happens, when Im hit sometimes in the wing...

The planes behaves as if it has lost a wing, rolling it momentarily unnaturally fast!...but both wings remain, and controls can be quickly reestablished

Happened to me in Jugs, and even in a Beaufighter!...hit on one wing with cannon fire, the ship rolled into the struck wing as if it was blown off (it wasnt) and continued to do a complete 360 roll before I had any control, and at a rate of roll that surpassed that which it was capable of normally, (and the wing hit did NOT damage control cables or moving flying surfaces)

Anyone else encounter this? Never used to do it until 3.0, and still did it in 3.01...havent seen it in 3.02bm yet...

Wonder if this is a glitch, and if the dev know about it... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Consider the force of impact + explosive power of a cannon shell or a slew of cannon shells. Its likely to knock you around a good deal. I like this effect as its both startling to the pilot shooting the plane as it is to the guy who is shooting him.

SeaFireLIV
11-28-2004, 04:57 PM
I like it. You get punched hard in R/L, you roll!

Daiichidoku
11-29-2004, 12:49 PM
While I can understand these effects due to large cannon hit may occur, it still rankles...

happens with even a single hit

it still doesnt account for this "wing loss"...the explosion from said shell could blast back, away from top of wing, or detonate closer to exiting wing, for examble, creating an explosion under the wing ( or vice versa for being shot from underneath)

I can accept the phenomenon, but making a Beaufighter do a complete 360 roll faster than it is normally capable ofwithout losing a wing? PFFFT! THATS unrealistic

Id love to see, and be proven wrong categorically by any film (if it were to exist) showing ANY cannon hits on a plane ANYWHERE that produces this instantaneous effect while the wings stay ON, and INTACT

Even failing that, ANY historical accounts of this effect

I have never read nor seen this happen in my approx 25 years of warbird enthusiasm in any way shape or form

Stalls resulting from huge holes in a wing, sure, but not the snap roll followed by normal flight

A few ppl now have simply accepted this, but why? Just cuz its in the game? hope not...

VW-IceFire
11-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Why is it unrealistic that the roll rate achieved is better than normally capable with control surfaces?

The impact of the explosion is the one generating the force on the aircraft...rather than the force of a pair of ailerons.

I don't find this happens every time either. Depends on where the hit occurs and seems to have alot to do with the type of cannon used.

BTW: This has been in place since 1.21. Thats when I first noticed knocking planes around alot thanks to the 30mm cannons. Now its a little more powerful and I like it. People strug off heavy cannon hits a bit too much...this is a real pscyhological hit more than anything else.

Daiichidoku
11-29-2004, 01:11 PM
No, it doesnt happen all the time ( i never asserted that, BTW )

I have never experienced it until 3.0,,,and believe me, Ive taken enough cannon hits since 1.21, lol

I dont see how the explosion could roll a ship faster than normally possible without damage to ailerons or losing a wing due to the stresses from rolling faster than designed...particularly from a single 20mm hit (from those "undermodelled 20mm LW guns that get complained about as underpowered so much)

Something not right with this

One can say, "its from the power of the shell"...sounds reasonable, but knowing the Ki84 had armour and sturdiness "comperable to western types" doesnt mean the indetrctible 1.21/1.22 version Ki84s were right....it wasnt, and was changed, but many ppl assumed that it was riught, after all, how could 1C/Oleg get it wrong?

airframe shaking, or slight loss of directional stability due to a shell hit, sure, I can see that...but my point is that this effect, namely the 360 superfast roll as if a wing is gone, is out of place and wrong...the roll continues until far after the expolsion has occurred

heywooood
11-29-2004, 06:45 PM
it does not happen all the time - but the concussion of a flack burst should flip your plane on its back, no doubt...and a 20mm hit in the wing?... same same. I've had it happen to me in my Wildcat and it is bewildering at first - just as it should be.

IL2-chuter
11-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Dump it (the effect). A twenty mm into wing would not flip the aircraft over (as I have experienced in the game beginning with PF). It would knock a B-17 waist gunner down if it hit him in the armored vest he was wearing (documented), but it wouldn't flip a plane over as far as I am concerned. My opinion, nothing personal. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

georgeo76
11-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Not so much the impact of the shell 'flipping' the AC so much as the shock wave of the shell, through the wing (and often through the fuel) that disturbs the airflow enough to cause the wing to loose lift.

Daiichidoku
11-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Well, I thought the effect was bad enough while flying a Beaufighter, of all things...

Was in a DF server last night, and the same thing happened twice....in a B 25!!!

First time it did about a 120 degree roll, the second time it did a 180 degree roll..both hits from a 30mm from a 109K4...and both times the cannon hit was inboard of the engine nacelle

Is even a 30mm shell hit going to produe such a shock wave to negate lift on a Mitchell wing?...PL-ease

Cant wait to have it happen to me while Im flying a B29!!!.....such poppycock!

Daiichidoku
11-30-2004, 10:55 AM
BTW, I've still to hear about any facts or even anecdotal evidence of this silly effect....so far, all I know is that its been happening since PF was released, and I consider it a bug

SeaFireLIV
11-30-2004, 10:59 AM
I`ve only just started flying on 3.02b, but flown 4 missions so far. I`ve been hit by flak and enemy guns at my 6, but still haven`t had this effect happen to me yet!

Snow_Wolf_
11-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Got this from the RAF662 Flight from Lieutenant Colonel Don Archer USAAF Retired AKA RAF_Yank

My third kill was nearly my last. I made many of the mistakes that usually kill a combat pilot. when it usually only takes one. Fortunately I am still alive to tell about it. We were on a typical ground attack mission, strafing an bombing some artillery positions that were giving our boys a bad time. After my run I lost contact with our flight.So instead of trying to form up with them again (Mistake #1. Stick with your flight leader) I decided to go solo and find something else to shoot at before I went home. I must have really had my head up my (you know what).

During those days the Luftwaffe was rarely seen in the air. They were very busy trying to stop our all out daylight bombing raids by the Eighth Airforce and the RAF night missions. They were low on gas, pilots. planes and spare parts. They were stretched very thin. So I was't real worried about getting jumped (Mistake #2. Never underestimate your enemy) I remember looking around at the beautiful French countryside. I was thinking about vineyards, farms (probably French girls too). It was spectacular country where war hadn't torn it up. So instead of paying attention to business and keepong an eye out for Jerry (Mistake #3. Keep your head on a swivel) I kept flying like I was on a Sunday afternoon drive in the country (Mistake #4. Never fly straight and level for very long in a combat zone.)

These last two mistakes almost cost me my life. As I peered out the left side of my cockpit, I noted that 4 feet of my wing disappeared before my eyes. The truly disconcerting thing was I didn't hear a thing for a few seconds. A moment or two later I heard the umistakable "Thump...thump....thump" of German 20mm cannons. A second or two later this striking FW 190 flashed past my left side. I started to go in to a spin to the left due to the loss of my wing surface. I jammed in opposite rudder as I tried to recover. I lost some altitude but managed to straighten out. I was a big fat sitting duck as I expected more cannon fire to rip me up.
I must be lucky because my opponent made a bad mistake. He could have shot me down from any angle but one: the front. My leg was cramping and I was extremely afraid, when the FW appeared in front of me to my right. I banked a bit to the right and was head on with him. I could see his guns flashing as I opened up with all 8 .50 caliber guns. I saw his tracers pass all around me but he never hit me again as my guns converged on him. I saw hits begin to score on his wings, engine, and fuselage. I just had time to see him opening the canopy of his stricken plane and climb out as I flashed by.

I tried to gather my senses to see if I could get home. My engine hadn't been hit and the cannon fire had barely missed my fuel tank. I pointed my plane (gingerly) back to base I started to think about what happened, the blood ran from my head and I nearly passed out. I then proceeded to throw up all over myself. I may have wet my pants as well. My leg ached and I could barely keep enough pressure on the rudder to keep from spinning.

I was fortunate to be lined up for a straight in approach and I landed without problem. My crew chief ran out and took a look at my plane. He was about to yell at me but he saw me with puke all over me and he must have changed his mind. It took two guys to lift me out of the plane.

When I recovered my flight leader saw my plane and heard my story. He said simply "So I guess you'll be sticking with me from now on?" My snappy eriudite response was "Yes sir"

Daiichidoku
11-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Nice story, but it doesnt fullfil anything relating to this thread...

The roll effect happens in spite of NO damage to control surfaces and the wing stays intact

According to your story, the pilot spun left, lost some alt and recovered...but he LOST 4 FEET OF WING!

Which actually is quite funny, as in FB/PF losing even a foot or two of wing is always catasrtophic, except maybe the hurri (no complains about that, tho, so dont get on me about it)

Daiichidoku
11-30-2004, 11:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
I`ve only just started flying on 3.02b, but flown 4 missions so far. I`ve been hit by flak and enemy guns at my 6, but still haven`t had this effect happen to me yet! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember, I have never said anything about flak...this issue is about aerial cannon hits or even hit on a wing

If and when it does finally happen to you, Seafire, you will know what Im talking about and hoiw silly it is

Hopefully you wont bail unecessesarily...next time you think you have lost a wing, DOUBLECHECK!

georgeo76
11-30-2004, 12:05 PM
As you said in your first post Daiichidoku, it's like losing a wing. Don't think of it as the shell slapping the wing hard enough to flip the AC. As the shell strikes the wing, the kinetic energy is dispersed through the skin and superstructure like a ripple in a pond. This shock wave is amplified or diminished by the type of object it travels through. Basically the more solid the substance the shock wave travels through, the more energy is absorbed, the more energy absorbed, the more pronounced the wave. A wing containing a fuel tank would absorb much more than a hollow wing.

This shock wave momentarily changes the shape of the wing as well as disturbing the airflow around it. In effect, that wing looses lift. The other wing (still having lift) acts as one huge aileron to flip the AC over.

One example from real life I can think of is the Concord disaster. A piece of rubber from the wheel struck the underside of the wing. The shock wave then traveled through the wing's fuel w/ such force as to blow a re-fueling cap off, resulting in a leak, resulting in the fire. While this didn't result in that wing losing lift, it dose illustrate the shock wave I've been talking about.

Daiichidoku
11-30-2004, 01:49 PM
Yes Georgio, I know its not the kinetic "dump" forcing the wing...if it was, they would make shells bludgeoning, instead of AP, to produce the greatest E "dump"

A shock wave disrupting air flow and loss of lift in said wing SOUNDS reasonable, and I could certainly believe this of a large cal shell burst, such as a 88mm burst, at the right (or wrong, if you ask the aircrew!) time and location, but certainly NOT for any 20 or 30mm hit...especially as in my last example, a 30mm hit on my Mitchell's wing, inboard of the nacelle, no less...

You really think a 30mm hit on a wing that large inboard of the engine nacelle will flip a B 25 inverted?

Still waiting for someone to produce even anecdotal evidence of this effect...while I believe it is a bug, or incorrect, I would still like to know either way, if it has ever happened or not

As for the Concord example, replace the rubber with a high velocity 30mm round...assuming the shell didnt ignite the fuel, and possibly blow the wing or airframe completely apart, do you really think the sst would lose enough lift on that wing to roll 360, or even 180, as in the case of the B 25?...and be honest, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

That Concord has a huge wing area, no doubt, but the B25 wing is no slouch in that area, either...so far this has happened to me in a Jug, Beaufighter, and Mitchell....not lightweights by any stretch...bet the B 29 will suffer the same effect

Daiichidoku
11-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Happened again tonight

Flying a B-25, took hits in the fuselage from an F4U-C, no wing hits.

Did a 90 degree roll.

How can a bird roll from hits in the fuselage?

IL2-chuter
12-01-2004, 01:18 AM
I'm with you, Dai. If the cannon shot were to produce a 500 pound momentary force (remember, there were people wearing flak vests that were knocked down by direct 20mm shell hits and stood back up so it couldn't be too much force) the effect on one Frank wing would be 0.03psi . . . momentarily. It would be very noticeable . . . as an impact, not an out of control flip.

Have a nice day . . . cya flyin, Dai http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif.

Daiichidoku
12-01-2004, 10:57 AM
bump

this must be a bug or glitch, perhaps where the code tells that damage was done to take a wing of, but then corrects itself?

cant imagine it is a deliberate effect, especially after it happening to my Mitchell from fuselage hits, NO wing hits

Anyone else who has experienced this, please post and tell your story

Daiichidoku
12-02-2004, 11:54 AM
bump cuz I hope to see anyone post a real life story that proves this effect ever happened

Shifty101
12-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Do you have a track of this happening? I don't think it's happened to me yet in PF and I wanted to see what it looks like. It might also be useful to the Dev. team if you're looking to get it fixed.

Udidtoo
12-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Please, save us a trak from the big birds. Its become rather common in an F4F or Zeke but I have as of yet to experiance it in anything larger.

I like it btw, really gets your attention after crossing 25 minutes of open ocean.

Daiichidoku
12-02-2004, 03:07 PM
I hope someone does....I would, but I havent the faintest how to use the ntrack thing

I have seen others post ntracks, and tried to view them but i have no idea

But the effect is basically when hit by cannon fire, multiple or single hit, the plane immendeatly does a very very fast roll, anywhere from 90 to 360 degrees, exactly like it is when one loses a wing....then just as suddenly control is regained

I thought it was only wing hits, until as abocve, I was hit in the rear fuselage of my Mitchell, and got the roll effect

Jason Bourne
12-02-2004, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IL2-chuter:
Dump it (the effect). A twenty mm into wing would not flip the aircraft over (as I have experienced in the game beginning with PF). It would knock a B-17 waist gunner down if it hit him in the armored vest he was wearing (documented), but it wouldn't flip a plane over as far as I am concerned. My opinion, nothing personal. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

but see, that shell probaly didnt explode, if it did, it would have left only a pair of boots.

Daiichidoku
12-05-2004, 02:45 PM
el bumpo

LStarosta
12-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Consider the change of air pressure at a certain point around the airfoil if an explosive shell detonates on your wing. That's bound to create an unpleasant change in the airflow, especially if it rips a hole in your wing.

JG52MadAdler
12-05-2004, 03:48 PM
I got in a B-25 and F4U last night.
after being hit rolled 360 and was able to RTB
Wierd but fun.
I am sure it will be fixed in the next patch.

Daiichidoku
12-05-2004, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
Consider the change of air pressure at a certain point around the airfoil if an explosive shell detonates on your wing. That's bound to create an unpleasant change in the airflow, especially if it rips a hole in your wing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Starosta, it also happened while I was hit in the fuselage of a B 25, not the wing....

leitmotiv
12-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Hate to be a bore, but, in six months of fanatical use of this sublime system, in which
I have managed to be shot and riddled everywhere, and have done a goodly bit of deconstruction of my opponents, I have never experienced or seen the phenomenon under consideration. I have hastily bailed out of a functioning aircraft, but it was due to other things happening than a violent roll. Considering the delicate physics at work in maintaining a flying attitude, I do not find a precipitate roll when the mainplane takes a smack to be bizarre. Any aeronautical engineers out there---MIT physics people? An analogy from automobiles may be instructive. One night, while swiftly descending a hill, my
heavy, late- '60's Pontiac grazed a curb. To my hair-raised surprise, the car was suddenly on its two left tires fixing to "snap roll" me into eternity. Fortunately, Detroit metal provided enough inertia to end this experiment in physics happily---shaken but breathing.

adlabs6
12-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Hmm, sounds strange. I've got photos of some B-25 taking damage in "B-25 Mitchell - The Magnificent Medium" by N.L. Avery. One photo shows the plane "Jaunty Jo" of the 498th BS taking a fatal flak hit over formosa while dropping parafrags. There's a huge hole right in the co-pilots side of the cockpit, and a smoke trail following off the frame. The plane is nearly level, in a shallow descent. The plane nor the smoke trail show no signs of having done any 180 or 360 rolls that I can see. In the next frame it is gone in a fireball on a roadway.

Another image shows the right vertical tail more than 50% blown off by an 88mm anti-aircraft round on a B-25 identified as "PATCHES" flown by Lt. Col. Malcom Baily. The pilot reported that they flew afterwards for two hours in that condition over Yugoslavia.

I'm not saying these are any proof. Just observations of massive (and in one case fatal) damage, that in accident timelapse pics doesn't seem to show a huge roll effect. The pilot isn't listed as having mentioned this on the other case, at least not in my book. If someone else has a better account, it would give more light on this.

I've had this same "hit roll" effect happen to me, even some time ago in FB and AEP. I never understood it. I always wondered how an ammo round could cause a super highspeed roll or spin from a "shockwave" yet the blast of an underwing rocket launch would apparently not have any effect at all.

Daiichidoku
12-06-2004, 09:21 AM
thank you for the good post, ablabs6...

leitmotiv, remember, this is beyond hits on a mainplane, or tail surface...that alone is cause for concern, given I have never heard or seen anything about this IRL, nor has anyone posted an example in this thread yet

I hav enow taken a hit in the fuselage only of a b 25, and got the fast roll effect, and THAT is ridiculous

leitmotiv
12-06-2004, 01:08 PM
Any violent whack that could upset the trim of an aircraft has the possibility of causing a ferocious aerodynamic change. Again, in a career of being hammered in almost every way which can be imagined, I have never experienced such a phenom---which means nothing, because I am certain I have not plumbed the depths of the system's facility for modeling destruction. I think one of the sim's design people ought to address this---at least to establish whether it is an aberration or a legitimate design feature, and, if the former, offer some physics for proof.

Daiichidoku
12-07-2004, 07:39 AM
I really ahve to learn how to use those ntracks and start recording...

last night, I did a 180 roll in a B 25...inverted at low level nose down was NOT healthy! lol

was in the 334th ES df server last night, too....had AI bobmers available

wish i had thought about trying the B17 and B 24 there....but I did tr the B 29.....used it all night, and so did several others...now, the B 29 is quite uber, a wild machine, very very hard to intercept...I was running away from all types, and not even at high alt!...all this while carrying the 10x 2000 lbs loadout!

Anyhow, I was hit in the wing with cannon foire while flying the B 29, and.........you guessed it, from the 30 mm hits of a 109 ( cant rememeber now if it was a G6 A/S or a G 10 ) and the superfortress did a super fast roll of 90 degrees

is anyone gonna tell me that aerial cannon can make a B 29 lose enuff lift in its wing to cause this? sheesh!

crashmaster4000
12-07-2004, 08:04 AM
couldnt imagine a B-29 rolling from a cannon shell, but I do see how a fighter can. Even a puny(by comparison) 30-06 rifle round, average weight, can produce over 3000 lbs of impact(foot pounds) on a surface at very close range, whereas a .50 cal can hit with five tons of impact per round at over 100 yards.

Sgt.Waite
12-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm somewhat new to the forums so don't flame me too hard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

To answer your question about an A/C rolling faster than the control surfaces allow, it is possible without a catastrophic failure of the main spar. There have been many an instance where an aircraft is in a high g spin (we're still talking WWII A/C here) that kept itself intact (minus the peices that cause the A/C to fall into a dive and spin) right up until impact.

Is it possible for this to happen due to something like a 20 or 30 mm cannon hit? It is possible, very unlikely, but possible. It would depend on range, hit location, flight conditions, velocity of A/C etc. I could see it happening on fighters alot more than any type of bomber, especially the B-29. Mass alone dictates that if it were to snap roll the wing loads would be so great that the wing would seperate from the fuselage. Catastrophically, and with lots of screaming from the crew.

As to the waist gunner getting up from a 20mm round hit. What you have there is nothing short of a miracle, or the laws of physics weighing heavily in his favor. I would have liked to have seen that man's chest xray, as I'm sure I could find a cracked sternum and several broken ribs. Yes, he got back up, but then again, men who have had appendages blown off get up and still move for a bit. Taking a round like that to the chest proves nothing other than luck exsists.

ST__Pawnee
12-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Daiichidoku,

did you fly perfectly level and straight when you were hit? If you were pulling the stick back, and got a hole through one wing, the damaged wing would loose a lot of lift, with the undamaged wing still lifting normally. If you had positive elevator now, this would cause the plane to snap, and gain control after 90-360 degree of rolling/snapping, if you happened to release the pressure on your stick right after the hit. Just a thought

Considering you did fly level; I have no idea what might have happened lol

ST_Pawnee
Silver Triggers

Daiichidoku
12-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Well,, so far it has happened to me in a P 47, Beau, B 25 and now B 29...I dont fly too many other types, so I couldnt say abotu them

But so far, for all types it has happened to me in, I have been flying in all pitch axes, pos G , neg G, and flying straight and level, with no or almost no stick input

Once this has happened to me in a B 25, flying striaght and level, and the hit was only in the rear fu****e, NOT any wing hit

even if it sounds possible to do from a wing hit on a single engine fighter, I have never heard about this before, and that a wing hit on a B 29 can roll it 90 degrees, or a fuselage hit on a B 25 can roll ir 120 degrees, thats getting downright silly

IF anyones has it in mind, please record tracks and post here, or better yet mail to 1C...especially you bomber pilots!

JG54_Arnie
12-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Have seen this happen on fighters (but with a dip of 90 degrees max so far) though it was pretty cool.
But that it happens on bombers is a bit strange.
So Dai, to record this: check your control settings for the start and stop recording button. Or set one you find handy to use. Then turn it on when you get into a hotzone or whenever you like and turn it off when you want it to stop again. The ntrk named quick00* should be in your tracks directory where you can view it and also record (with the same principle) shorted tracks out of it. Those again are also saved as quick00* with the number counting upwards every time. Its quite simple actually. Any questions? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Daiichidoku
12-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Yes, actually...

I know enuff to start a track, using mapped buttons, but when I have the track file, how do I review it?

I dont know much comp stuff, and ive tried WMP, but doesnt work excuse my ignorance in this regard, lol

I have also seen posted tracks, and never knew how to play them

JG54_Arnie
12-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Ah http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Ok, well in the game you can watch the tracks, they are ingame instructions. So you play back the ntrk with the game itself. The option "Play track" is in the main menu of the game.

When you save a track its adviced to use the ntrk version at all times as they can be played in all (at least) newer versions of the game, while normal trk files cannot be played by new versions.

If you want to watch a track of the forum, place it in the directory were the game saves all its other tracks. You can find it there again in the game when you go to "play track".

CrazyDonut
12-07-2004, 10:20 AM
im a zero dude....and actualy last night i saw this with a B-25 from my gunsight......i came down 3 high hit him in right wing and he made the fastest roll i have ever seen (and it saved him)...not sure its realistic....but he had a blast (was on coms with him) and i got the cry face cause i ran out of ammo on that pass...

Daiichidoku
12-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the ntrk info, Arnie...but is there something about removing the track from the folder, as the next flight will erase it, or replace it or something?

adlabs6
12-07-2004, 12:09 PM
No, each track recording has an individual filename, so they won't be overwritten. The ingame recordings are given serial filenames automatically. The only thing thats overwritten with each new game are screenshots in the root directory.

DangerForward
12-07-2004, 12:22 PM
I have a track of me in a B25 getting hit while the level stablizer is on. The plane does about a half roll. The roll freaked me out so much I thought my wing was gone and a I bailed out. I don't know if it's a bug, but it's kinda a cool effect. I could email the ntrk to anyone who wants it. I haven't found an easy way to host the file.

1.JaVA_Razer
12-07-2004, 02:06 PM
This is THE coolest thing I ever encounterd in a game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I knew it existed for a LOOOOOOOOOONNNGGGG time but if you do this to a low flying plane you don't even need to shoot a lot, no just a few pot shots and away he goes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lol

tip:
espesially do this if he's pulling high G' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Daiichidoku
12-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Danger Forward, you can email that to me at daiichidoku@yahoo.ca, ty

Maybe email it, if you will, to Oleg and/or 1C as well

and Razer, Im not sure this is the same thing as you already know...I havent had this happen until PF came out, never before, and its not cool, its ridiculous....if you ever fly a B 25 or a b 29 and it heppens, you will know its BS too

Actually, Danger Forward, plz email to Razer, too, so he knows what Im talking about, lol

DangerForward
12-07-2004, 07:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daiichidoku:
Danger Forward, you can email that to me at daiichidoku@yahoo.ca, ty

Maybe email it, if you will, to Oleg and/or 1C as well

and Razer, Im not sure this is the same thing as you already know...I havent had this happen until PF came out, never before, and its not cool, its ridiculous....if you ever fly a B 25 or a b 29 and it heppens, you will know its BS too

Actually, Danger Forward, plz email to Razer, too, so he knows what Im talking about, lol <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I emailed it to you.

JG54_Arnie
12-08-2004, 02:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by adlabs6:
No, each track recording has an individual filename, so they won't be overwritten. The ingame recordings are given serial filenames automatically. The only thing thats overwritten with each new game are screenshots in the root directory. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As the man says. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
But its a good idea to rename tracks manually afterwards if you want to save them. So you know what is in it. Otherwise you have a load of quick***.ntrk files of which you wonder what they are doing there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Daiichidoku
12-08-2004, 03:46 PM
bumpster

Daiichidoku
12-14-2004, 06:23 PM
re bump

Gibbage1
12-14-2004, 06:40 PM
All I have to say is this. WATCH GUNCAM FOOTAGE!

#1, you NEVER see an aircraft roll like in IL2 when hit by a 20MM in the wing. In fact, there is a popular clip going around of a 109 hitting a Spitfire in the wing. The Spitfire does not even FLINCH!!!!

#2, you NEVER see a bomber rolling like that in Guncam footage when hit by Mk-108's. EVER EVER! But I have been spun CONSTANTLY in a B-25. Its now VERY risky to fly a B-25 or A-20 low now. The enemy does not need to inflict critical damage. Just needs to flip you, and into the ground you go. There is also footage I have seen of a Bf-110 with twin Mk-108's filling a B-17. Lots into the wing and engine. About 20-30 hits scored. It did not flip.

Also, for the "shockwave" therie, your flying at 200-400MPH. The sockwave will only have a a fraction of a second to effect the wings air pressure before its behind the wing. Enough to rock the aircraft, yes. But not to ROLL the aircraft.

This effect is totally bogus.

Gib

LEXX_Luthor
12-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Does this happen only during online play? If so, tracing it there may help locate a problem, or isolating any problem from offline play. Were there much changes to online code in PF 3.0?

Daiichidoku
12-14-2004, 11:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gibbage1:
All I have to say is this. WATCH GUNCAM FOOTAGE!

#1, you NEVER see an aircraft roll like in IL2 when hit by a 20MM in the wing. In fact, there is a popular clip going around of a 109 hitting a Spitfire in the wing. The Spitfire does not even FLINCH!!!!

#2, you NEVER see a bomber rolling like that in Guncam footage when hit by Mk-108's. EVER EVER! But I have been spun CONSTANTLY in a B-25. Its now VERY risky to fly a B-25 or A-20 low now. The enemy does not need to inflict critical damage. Just needs to flip you, and into the ground you go. There is also footage I have seen of a Bf-110 with twin Mk-108's filling a B-17. Lots into the wing and engine. About 20-30 hits scored. It did not flip.

Also, for the "shockwave" therie, your flying at 200-400MPH. The sockwave will only have a a fraction of a second to effect the wings air pressure before its behind the wing. Enough to rock the aircraft, yes. But not to ROLL the aircraft.

This effect is totally bogus.

Gib <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you fo rposting, gib..i hope more ppl notice this and speak up...hehe its even happened to me ina B 29!!!

BTW, I have started flying the P 63 a lot now...niiiice ride...I also got the two RP-63 skins from il2 skins...very nice

Daiichidoku
12-14-2004, 11:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Does this happen only during online play? If so, tracing it there may help locate a problem, or isolating any problem from offline play. Were there much changes to online code in PF 3.0? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All I can tell you LEXXX is that it happens online since version 3.0

As for offline, I never ever play offline, I wouldnt know

Daiichidoku
12-14-2004, 11:48 PM
I should also reiterate that this has happened not only with a hit or hit on a wing, but in a B 25 I was flying, got hit in the FUSELAGE and it did the flip

Daiichidoku
12-15-2004, 11:40 AM
bump

Daiichidoku
12-25-2004, 04:18 PM
bump-...aint gonna let this one go...

Just installed 3.03 patch, yet to see if this cr@p still happens in this latest patch

Daiichidoku
12-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Happened tonight to me with 303 patch in a Beaufighter....hit by spitfire cannon, and did a 180 roll

Daiichidoku
12-27-2004, 01:57 PM
yes, yet another bump

Daiichidoku
01-06-2005, 02:06 PM
bump

Daiichidoku
01-14-2005, 02:06 PM
bump