PDA

View Full Version : Farcry 2 Map editor requirements and (Cod) style multiplayer

bearpierro6
12-22-2011, 05:43 PM
FarCry predator instincts had it perfect.

- Multiplayer wasn't fantastic but it worked perfect with map editor. Multiplayer could have been more fine tuned but what they had was different from other games. Copying Cod ruined the multiplayer in farcry 2.

- Map editor for farcry 1, you could literally do whatever you wanted to do. Almost no requirements, no boundries, weapon placement, unfair advantages you could work through. It was unlimited freedom. You had it perfect but you changed it in farcry 2 and made it almost impossible to create something, in turn ruining it for alot of people.

People made incredible maps, like "Skyrace" now they cant put down an object without a hundred evil notifications.

Thoughts on what they should do for farcry 3?

DapperHayden007
12-22-2011, 06:55 PM
First off, Far Cry 2 had barely any similarities to COD, what is it now? Every shooter game looks like Call Of Duty?, Medal Of Honour airborne was one of the most similar gameplay's to COD MW and that came out first. - Anyway, That aside.
I thought the map editor worked great with FC2. Also if they kept the editor tools from FC2 the same for FC3 I would be happy with different objects.

The map editor in my opinion is great. it takes a little time to get used to but when you do you experience the Great functionality of the editor.

o0Kman0o
12-23-2011, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by DapperHayden:
First off, Far Cry 2 had barely any similarities to COD, what is it now? Every shooter game looks like Call Of Duty?,

Because CoD is a Good game made badly!

Negrumir
12-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by bearpierro6:
FarCry predator instincts had it perfect.

- Multiplayer wasn't fantastic but it worked perfect with map editor. Multiplayer could have been more fine tuned but what they had was different from other games. Copying Cod ruined the multiplayer in farcry 2.

- Map editor for farcry 1, you could literally do whatever you wanted to do. Almost no requirements, no boundries, weapon placement, unfair advantages you could work through. It was unlimited freedom. You had it perfect but you changed it in farcry 2 and made it almost impossible to create something, in turn ruining it for alot of people.

People made incredible maps, like "Skyrace" now they cant put down an object without a hundred evil notifications.

Thoughts on what they should do for farcry 3?

First off, I'm gonna say that I completely disagree with everything you said. What causes you think that way, I'll never know.

FC:IP had nothing perfect. Even drenched in nostalgia, it has many flaws in every area.

The multiplayer gameplay wasn't entirely unique. In controls and feel, it had many similarities to Halo. It certainly needed more polish though, controls were clunky and the netcode was just bad.

Copying CoD was not the issue with FC2. Copying it poorly was. The controls were still clunky and the gameplay was unresponsive at best. Had it been a direct copy, it would have been excellent. Note, I'm not a CoD fan, but the game plays very well. Even if I don't particularly like the style.

I'm lost on how you came to the conclusion that FC:IP is unlimited freedom. Weapon placement is great yes, and FC2 had the annoying "hollow objects" but otherwise, FC2 was superior.

Rather than the different environments and object sets; FC2 allowed you to use any item at any time. The terrain editing was much better and the ability to rotate and flip objects allowed many more options for creativity. Whatever you're talking about with boundaries makes no sense, both games had boundaries with the overall map size. But FC2 allowed you to place limits on the play area, which kept people in the map much more easily. Instead of on FC:IP where the dozens of glitches allowed you to get out of almost any map with ease.

Getting "a hundred evil notifications" is an exaggeration of massive proportions. It's obviously not just me, hundreds of people made (and still make) amazing maps on FC2. The sheer variety of styles and looks in incredible, especially given that the editor was designed with an "African" item set.

Not to say that FC2 was perfect or even close to it. No, just like FC:IP, it was riddled with flaws and poor design choices. Both game had unresponsive and clunky gameplay and controls, even though they were entirely different.

But to say that FC:IP was near perfect, and that FC2 was inferior is just ludicrous. Maybe you liked FC:IP more, but that doesn't make it any better.

bartje356
12-23-2011, 02:41 PM
*sigh* and again some CoD guy here -.-

ubisoft makes mulitplayer in their own style , and why do poeple say CoD multiplayer is perfect and fantastic ??? i play CoD my self but jeez its not a good multiplayer :|

Brenden2468
12-23-2011, 03:54 PM
They should allow more vehicles and explosives and should also make better landscaping tools.

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
12-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Some interesting posts here guys, but per the Please Read before posting sticky (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1131043829/m/7141059759) please post your opinions or wishes for a map editor or MP in the dedicated threads