PDA

View Full Version : fps suddently drops in Burma MAP



kirk7312
12-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Recently, I started the mission on Buram map in ver 1946. I found if we take off from Tulahal airfield and fly toward Imphal airfield direction, the fps drops to only 20 quickly; if we change to another direction, fps is 60!
if we fly just above the Imphal airfield, the fps is 60; if we fly alway the Imphal airfield, and looking back the Imphal airfield, the fps drops to 20 again!

Is there any special thing in Imphal airfield?
Is it a BUG? why does I lost fps, when I look toward Imphal airfield??

Akronnick
12-27-2006, 11:00 PM
My guess would be that there are a greater number of objects in the vicinity of Imphal. More objects -> more work for your graphics card -> lower fps. If this is what is happening, it is completely normal.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

---Loose nut removed from cockpit, ship OK

kirk7312
12-27-2006, 11:35 PM
...

kirk7312
12-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by kirk7312:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Akronnick:
My guess would be that there are a greater number of objects in the vicinity of Imphal. More objects -> more work for your graphics card -> lower fps. If this is what is happening, it is completely normal.
I don't think it caused by number of objects .
the fps is normal when I land on or fly above Imphal airfield. fps drop just happens, when you are "near" the Imphal. Actually, I feel it should be caused by the bug of the new objects in 1946.
By the way, my computer has 3.2+cpu and 7800 vid card. I don't think the objects in Imphal airfield should be too more for my system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ianboys
12-28-2006, 02:24 AM
There are a huge number of invisible runway objects used to smooth the airbase at Imphal. These cause the slowdown.

Unfortunately the map tools don't use Perfect Mode so the effect wasn't foreseen.

A different solution has been used in the forthcoming Desert map.

DuxCorvan
12-28-2006, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by kirk7312:
I don't think it caused by number of objects .
the fps is normal when I land on or fly above Imphal airfield. fps drop just happens, when you are "near" the Imphal.

When you fly above or land in the base, you actually have less objects in view -most of them are below or behind you, out of screen. It's when you are near but not inside that you can have all of them in sight at the same time. Capisci?

PlusWave
12-28-2006, 02:29 AM
Forthcoming Desert Map???

Ian you're working on a desert map? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Beaufort-RAF
12-28-2006, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by PlusWave:
Forthcoming Desert Map???

Ian you're working on a desert map? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Info (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=006240;p=1)<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img197.exs.cx/img197/542/shipbustersicon1dv.jpg

Manos1
12-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by kirk7312:
Recently, I started the mission on Buram map in ver 1946. I found if we take off from Tulahal airfield and fly toward Imphal airfield direction, the fps drops to only 20 quickly; if we change to another direction, fps is 60!
if we fly just above the Imphal airfield, the fps is 60; if we fly alway the Imphal airfield, and looking back the Imphal airfield, the fps drops to 20 again!

Is there any special thing in Imphal airfield?
Is it a BUG? why does I lost fps, when I look toward Imphal airfield??


I can confirm the same experience with two different rigs and perfect mode, too !


~S~<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.e-335thgr.com/forum/style_images/335logo.gif
335th GR Dedicated Server Stats (http://www.e-335thgr.com/il2sc/)

Posted Feb 13, 7:47 AM http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/3351091114/p/1
"Why are you guys making stuff up? Nobody touched G2 in this patch or 2 patches ago. It is what it is. Once people saw "109 increased manueverability" and bang, all heads turned on G2 LOL. What`s up with that? I dont know if it`s right or wrong, but i do know that is the same as was in 402 in manueverabiliy department
V! Regards, VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST "

VMF-214_HaVoK
12-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Manos1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kirk7312:
Recently, I started the mission on Buram map in ver 1946. I found if we take off from Tulahal airfield and fly toward Imphal airfield direction, the fps drops to only 20 quickly; if we change to another direction, fps is 60!
if we fly just above the Imphal airfield, the fps is 60; if we fly alway the Imphal airfield, and looking back the Imphal airfield, the fps drops to 20 again!

Is there any special thing in Imphal airfield?
Is it a BUG? why does I lost fps, when I look toward Imphal airfield??


I can confirm the same experience with two different rigs and perfect mode, too !


~S~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Confimed as well and I also have done it on two different machines. One is a AMD 64 3500 with a 7950GT 512MB card and the other is a stout Core2Duo 6600 with a 8800GTS card. Both suffered huge FPS loss over the field.

Everything else in the sim runs extremely fast and smooth and even more so with 4.07 except for this one obvious bug.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/vmfhavok/theBlackSheep.jpg

VMF-214 The Original Black Sheep Squadron of the IL-2 series are currently recruiting dedicated and mature pilots. Visit us at http://vmf214blacksheep.com/