PDA

View Full Version : Once again, WHEN IS THE UPDATE GOING TO BE AVAILABLE FOR DIAL UP USERS?! Ubi Razz??

FISTofHATE
12-14-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm getting tired of asking this question, because it never gets answered. UbiRazz said he was in the process of finding out, but it's been weeks and NOTHING. A simple yes or no answer is all I'm looking for. SONY can make their 118.9mb PS3 updates available to dial up users via PC, so wouldn't it make sense that Ubi Soft could do the same with a 25mb patch? Look, I really want to buy this game but not if Ubi Soft isn't going to take care of EVERYONE THAT BUYS THE GAME. So again, does anyone know anything yet or is that too much to expect for $65?

nisforstupid
12-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Have you tried this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/9251047516) yet?

FISTofHATE
12-14-2007, 01:43 PM
My computer only has a 56k modem, so that's not an option for me.

BTOG46
12-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by FISTofHATE:
My computer only has a 56k modem, so that's not an option for me.
I don't understand, someone posts a solution for 56k dial up and you say it's not an option, it'll just take a lot longer to download that's all, what do you think we all did before broadband?
Or do you mean your computer hasn't got a network card?
If you don't want to try that, the only other thing is to find a friend with broadband and use their connection.

FISTofHATE
12-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I have no network card. Sorry for the confusion.

nisforstupid
12-15-2007, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by FISTofHATE:
I have no network card. Sorry for the confusion.

Man that really sucks. Ubi needs to get their freaking act together.

Raide
12-15-2007, 07:57 AM
The 360, PS3 and Wii all update via various online services. With 360 updates, you can download and put some of them onto CD's. With more and more consoles online now, most updates are via online or not much at all. I am unsure if Sony provides a similar service.

Update patches are also certified via Microsoft and Sony, so it is up to them to provide alternative means to download patches. Via 56k modem, most things are going to be very slow, but more and more people have Broadband now and Publishers and Developers are moving with this trend more and more.

I am currently unaware of a system being put in place for the Assassin's Creed PS3 patch to be downloaded outisde of the PSN, but I will check into the matter for you all.

FISTofHATE
12-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Thank you very much. If the patch isn't going to be available for dial up, could you check to see if future copies of AC will have the patch already implemented?

FISTofHATE
12-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Bump>>>>Gotta make sure everyone that has the game will be taken care of...right Ubi??

s0hel
12-23-2007, 11:01 AM
I created an account just so I can reply. Quit living in the stone ages and get a network card. Who doesnt have one these days?? If you can, get rid of dial up, pay $14/month for DSL, cheapass.

nisforstupid
12-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by s0hel:
I created an account just so I can reply. Quit living in the stone ages and get a network card. Who doesnt have one these days?? If you can, get rid of dial up, pay $14/month for DSL, cheapass.

Because it's not 14$ a month everywhere. The cheapest you can get DSL where I live is 40$ a month, it costs 15$ a month just for 200 hours of dialup. Do your research before opening your mouth and sounding like an arrogant *****.

digitalreaver
12-24-2007, 01:58 AM
...and we dont all live in countries where internet connections are cheap and easily accessible... the only way i can use the internet is at the office, 'coz it literally costs the same per month as a PS3 game - not to mention the costs involved in getting it all setup here... sony can release updates via the interweb, i dont see why Ubi cannot...

nisforstupid
12-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by digitalreaver:
...and we dont all live in countries where internet connections are cheap and easily accessible... the only way i can use the internet is at the office, 'coz it literally costs the same per month as a PS3 game - not to mention the costs involved in getting it all setup here... sony can release updates via the interweb, i dont see why Ubi cannot...

I know what you mean, they finally dropped the price last year here, it was 65$ a month before that. I'm sure he's just some spoiled 13 year old kid who's mommy pays for everything for them and probably bought the PS3 for them too.
It sucks when there isn't any competition around for these rip off companies....

s0hel
12-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by nisforstupid:
I know what you mean, they finally dropped the price last year here, it was 65$ a month before that. I'm sure he's just some spoiled 13 year old kid who's mommy pays for everything for them and probably bought the PS3 for them too.
It sucks when there isn't any competition around for these rip off companies....

The purpose of my reply was to say who gives a **** about your dial up problems. People like you probably make up less than 1% of the people who have this problem and it isnt worth the time and effort for the folks at UBI to alleviate. Get broadband, you ****ing dinosaur.

PS. I pay for my own ****, but thanks for assuming, you "arrogant *****"

s0hel
12-24-2007, 12:38 PM
and there are several creative ways to alleviate the costs of DSL. If you have neighbors who are willing to share the cost, then you should get DSL, buy a good wireless router, password protect it, and you pretty much just cut the monthly cost in half.

BTOG46
12-24-2007, 12:48 PM
and there are several creative ways to alleviate the costs of DSL. If you have neighbors who are willing to share the cost, then you should get DSL, buy a good wireless router, password protect it, and you pretty much just cut the monthly cost in half.
And that breaks your neighbours contract with his provider, leaving both him and you open to the repercussions.
The provider does not allow you to share a connection like that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

s0hel
12-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
And that breaks your neighbours contract with his provider, leaving both him and you open to the repercussions.
The provider does not allow you to share a connection like that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

maybe true, but they don't really have a way to detect it, do they? So many people have a wireless router and they somehow manage to forget to set a password allowing anyone to use their internet. Are they also breaking the contract with their ISP? Are the ISPs doing anything about it?

BTOG46
12-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Technically they are, and anyone else who uses that unsecured connection runs the risk of prosecution.
There have been a number of people caught and taken to court, some have even been sent to jail. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

nisforstupid
12-24-2007, 06:50 PM

The purpose of my reply was to say who gives a **** about your dial up problems. People like you probably make up less than 1% of the people who have this problem and it isnt worth the time and effort for the folks at UBI to alleviate. Get broadband, you ****ing dinosaur.

PS. I pay for my own ****, but thanks for assuming, you "arrogant *****"

How does it feel to be attacked for no reason? Think about that before you open your mouth next time. Someone has anger issues that need to be resolved. Swearing at people and using childish terms does not help your argument or make it valid in any way or form. And there are people that care, you dont so stay out of this thread. It's for people with dialup, not for someone like you to boast about your internet connection to the rest of us. I'm sure the number is higher than 1%. as a matter of fact:

taken from: here (http://www.birds-eye.net/directory/statistics/2007.htm)

Now, Sony seems to take the time to make their firmware available to dialup users.

And as mentioned before, Broadband is very expensive for some of us. We have bills, mortgages and rent to pay and cant afford and extra 40-60$ a month. Plus alot of countries (yes theres others in this world..) where it isnt even available.

[quote]and there are several creative ways to alleviate the costs of DSL. If you have neighbors who are willing to share the cost, then you should get DSL, buy a good wireless router, password protect it, and you pretty much just cut the monthly cost in half.

My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away and they don't even have a phone line connected. A good wireless router is quite the expense, and in my case you would need a antenna or tower of sorts to send a signal far enough to where I could use it. Remember not everyone lives in a city and is as privileged as you.