PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Trackir for externals

Kuoster
08-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Just getting back into PF/IL2 after flying extensively only LOMAC.

Trackir works fine in the cockpit, but I Hate having to use it for externals. I wan't to be able to relax my head when I look out like that. Where Can I disable it ONLY for externals?

Also, where can I adjust its sensitivity?

Kuoster
08-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Just getting back into PF/IL2 after flying extensively only LOMAC.

Trackir works fine in the cockpit, but I Hate having to use it for externals. I wan't to be able to relax my head when I look out like that. Where Can I disable it ONLY for externals?

Also, where can I adjust its sensitivity?

blakduk
08-09-2006, 08:27 PM
If you have left the default settings in place for your TrackIR then the 'F9' key will switch it off. You can then move your view with the mouse. I often do this when i am moving to an external view- when you turn the trackIR back on you may need to hit the 'F12' key to recenter it.
To adjust the sensitivity of the trackIR- open the TIR software and click on the 'View- Gauges' drop down menu. Adjust the curves as you need to.
Alternatively you can download other profiles- i use Charvel's with a deadzone added to the center.

Kuoster
08-10-2006, 02:22 AM
Yup, that's what I currently do, but it's pretty dang annoying.

Is there anything I could edit somewhere, anywhere, that would allow me to only have it in the cockpit?

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-10-2006, 05:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kuoster:
Yup, that's what I currently do, but it's pretty dang annoying.

Is there anything I could edit somewhere, anywhere, that would allow me to only have it in the cockpit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. The TIR software runs independantly from IL2 and doesn't know when you're in the cockpit or when you aren't. I've remapped the hot keys to my numpad and easily find them even in the dark. It WOULD be nice to have the option to tweak the controls to a "If this, then that", but currently it's not possible.

TB

Akronnick
08-10-2006, 02:09 PM
It CAN be done!!!
Been doing it with mine since I got into IL-2

But there are some prerequisites.

first, you need a joystick that you can program to hold a key down even when you are not pressing the key. This can be done with Saitek and CH programming software I know, and I assume it can be done with the Cougar as well, not sure about Logitech, but Logitech sucks anyway.

Second, uncheck the dot in the TrackIR software under toggle for your enable key(default F9), and be sure that trap key is checked.

Now, program your Joystick so that views that you want to use TrackIR with press the enable key, and leave it pressed. Because trap key is enabled, only the TrackIR software will see that the key is pressed. With views that you don't want to use TrakIR with, program the joystick to release the enable key.

Neat huh?

Vette_
08-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Very slick! I simply have F9 in Toggle mode and assigned to a JS button. Simple on simple off. I have my CH throttle Micro stick as a mouse. This works too.

llaneilian
08-12-2006, 11:06 AM
If you enter the Track IR software & go to edit profile/hotkeys page, you can press a button on your joystick to both toggle Track IR & also to centre the view. I find this a simple way to switch between track IR & mouse control for external views & to re-centralise the view when in the cockpit.