PDA

View Full Version : Den Defense

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm starting this thread for discussion of the den defense mini game. As of right now I'm not a big fan. The first time I played it (the first time when you are forced to) I enjoyed it. I did terrible, but I enjoyed it. Ever since I have completely hated it, basically because I loose every time.

I kill the first waves with ease but the fire seige thingy seems unbeatable. It takes down my completely reinforced baracades in less than 5 seconds and kills my den in like 20. I smash the thing with a ton of cannon fire, have like 20 riflemen shooting it and I'm shooting it myself though I have yet to bring it below half health. Also half the time it seems most of my troops aren't even attacking the damn thing.

So this thread is open for any discussion of the den defense mini game but really I was hoping to get some tips or even youtube videos from people who are good at it.

D173120T
11-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Easy,just dont let your Templar awareness meter fill up,bribe the Heralds at your earliest chance.Use them like the posters in ACB.This is my only gripe,no posters,

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I have been quite dilligent about not letting my meter fill up but it happens. Especially when renovating shops.

Anyway, does nobody have any tips?

Nightmare8767
11-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Have a lot of riflers on the roofs, and put barricades and use the canon accurately to easily destroy the damn thing.

I had that problem, but once I knew how to win it... hah! ;D

LightRey
11-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Use barricades and save some cannon shots for the siege weapon.

DannyStrong
11-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by amullins:
Easy,just dont let your Templar awareness meter fill up,bribe the Heralds at your earliest chance.Use them like the posters in ACB.This is my only gripe,no posters,

I'm glad theres no more postes. I hated it whne my minimap would become littered with poster icons. and it was just too easy to keep your notoriety down. You just play as normal and grab a poster when you walk by. Now when you need to manage your notoriety you actually have to spend some time to deal with it.

DTfunjumper
11-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Honestly, the waves are quite okay, but the tank like cannon beats the crap out of you!
It seems to be pure luck, as on some dens you can only build walls in certain places, lucky to be having 2. even if i keep upgrading, shooting it with cannons (wich tend to miss for some strange reason) and even with damn lof of riflers, that thing just walks through and blasts my fortress away.
sometimes it doesnt have to be damaged severely though to disappear, but sometimes you can shoot it as much yozu like and it may lose just maybe an eighth. I had about 17 riflers and shot a total of 4 shots at it and it didnt care less. PLEASE NERF THAT THING IN THE NEXT PATCH ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT!

Mr_Shade
11-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi all,

Can I ask you all continue this in the ongoing thread?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/5191034169 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5191034169)

Thanks in advance.