PDA

View Full Version : Embers discussion (SPOILERS)

Azula2005
11-16-2011, 04:33 PM
I thought i would get more answers than that..

but it was Good i guess.

Here are some STORY questions

-What's in the box Ezio gave to Shao?

-Who's the guy in the end that's whining about the girls in Firenze?

Here are some RELATED questions

-Where exactly is Ezio buried?

You can't tell me Shao honestly traveled hundreds of miles just so Ezio could tell her about loving other people?

-What other reason did she have for coming?

-What would you say killed him?
.Heart attack?
.Old age?
.Random disease?
.Lung failure?

Man..... So that's it eh?

Bye Ezio, i love you.

reecethebest
11-16-2011, 04:54 PM
When I saw the kid sit next to Ezio I thought that he may be another assassin telling him it's his time

Or it was a templar who just poisoned him when they held hands orrr it was a templar who is happy the the great Ezio auditore is finally dying.

Maybe its the Altair memories in the box

Azula2005
11-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Hmm i didn't think about the dude being a templar, good thought!

BioPulse.ps3
11-16-2011, 05:06 PM
should i watch embers before or after playing acr ?

Azula2005
11-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by BioPulse.ps3:
should i watch embers before or after playing acr ?

It doesn't matter. all you need to know is who Ezios lover is {very minor spoiler} ..........................................Sofia

if you got that then nothing will be spoiled and it's safe to watch i guess.

NewBlade200
11-16-2011, 05:25 PM
@BioPulse.ps3: After ACR. There's nothing in it that you can't guess from playing the game half way, or even looking at some gameplay videos, but do it after just to be safe.

Could the guy be Death? He could be an apparition of a dying mind. I'd prefer that to it being some random guy who happens to kill him when he's not paying attention.

souNdwAve89
11-16-2011, 05:43 PM
I liked Embers and all, but I felt Ubisoft could have done a lot more. I was hoping to see Shao Jun to play a bigger role, but she didn't have too much character. I wished the video overall was at least an hour. In the end, we have even more questions because of Embers.

Silvrslide
11-16-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm so confused at that guy at the end of the video.

Bipolar Matt
11-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Clearly, the guy at the end was meant to be vague. I think I view him as supposed to be death. When he squeezed Ezio's hand and nodded, it was kind of like telling Ezio "it's your time" and and Ezio looked like he understood. Plus the comment he made about Roman courtesans. If he is death, he could have meant that he could take some of them due to the dangerous lifestyle they live (politics and violent clients, possibly diseases, etc).

It is a mystery.

Silvrslide
11-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Very interesting. I thought he may have poisoned him at first. If only I understood the Italian he was speaking. I tried my best yo google translate it and it was something old. It could've been an assassin who he hired to kill him as stupid as it sounds. His actions with the letter...he acted like he knew he was going to die that day. It's why he left when he usually doesn't, to spend more time with his family.

bballluva0710
11-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Silvrslide:
Very interesting. I thought he may have poisoned him at first. If only I understood the Italian he was speaking. I tried my best yo google translate it and it was something old. It could've been an assassin who he hired to kill him as stupid as it sounds. His actions with the letter...he acted like he knew he was going to die that day. It's why he left when he usually doesn't, to spend more time with his family.

He said, "Coraggio, vecchio. (Courage, old man.) Get some rest."

Berneri
11-17-2011, 03:31 AM
I come so sad when I read these and still I can't stop reading. XD

Yes, I have played ACR and I have watched Embers, so they aren't spoilers or anything. It was just so sad to see Ezio actually dying. And still I'm kinda pleased I saw it. From birth to his death..
We saw it all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyways. I really.. hope..? that this boy was some kind of death, who came to said that now Ezio can rest. Finally. ;u;

And I agree with Silvrslide that it looked just like it Ezio knew he was going to die in that day. He was so contented when he finally did finish the letter.
He tried really hard to write it(?) at the beginning of Embers too, but was not successful. I think he understood something at some point with Shao. Something from that he himself told to her, but didn't quite realize it before said it out loud to somebody else..? Idk.

I really was hoping to see what was in that box. But then it ended. XD Grr!

Oh I really didn't answers any of those questions but I would really love to hear if someone has more information about those things. I am just so happy there is place I can share my feelings and thoughts. :')

Gil_217
11-17-2011, 10:42 AM
I think there's more to it than we can imagine. Now, the guy at the end is undoubtedly the mystery here but what really bugs me here is that the guy looked like he knew who Ezio was, and by the look on Ezio's face, he appeared he knew him too.

The first thing I thought is that Ubisoft will release a DLC explaining the history between the two. But that's very unlikely.

Or, the guy is Vieri de' Pazzi. LOL

Bdub2305
11-17-2011, 10:18 PM
i must say to me for some reason the guy at the end of the bench looked like cesare borgia to me...idk why but he had that same evil look on his face. maybe he was a descendent of the borgia. the look that ezio had on his face when he saw him was not good, like he was shocked and lost his breath. but the idea that he was either a templar or death is a good idea also....i think somewhere down the line Ubisoft will release information on the box with shao and maybe that will be how they connect the games to feudal japan which alot of people have been asking for. i llked the ending to ezio and altairs life it felt like i was at peace and i was happy that both of desmonds ancestors could say goodbye(so to speak) and know some relative time of peace in their lives.

Bdub2305
11-17-2011, 10:22 PM
i would also have to say that ezio probably ided from a heart attack, being all the stress he put on his body while he was attacked when shao was there. also when he was on the bench you could see him grabbing his chest near his left side where his heart is supposed to be. so i would defintely say heart attack.

ABedardo
11-18-2011, 05:33 PM
The guy poisoned him. The guy is suspicious off the get-go to just sit down beside an old dude and go off about nothing like that.He has one empty sleeve to his shirt, but his right arm has an armband (ie. [poison] dagger).

Ezio tells him he doesn't think Flornce is the problem. At which point Ezio winces as if pricked by something, and starts breathing heavily. Just before, it appears this guy's arm (which has the armband on it) is behind Ezio.

After Ezio insults him, the man says "Prego...*grabs Ezio's hand*...corrach a vecchio" and shows his scar and deep stare/creepy smile face. Vecchio means "old/former". Corrach means "coach". Seems to me that's it right there

rileypoole1234
11-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ABedardo:
The guy poisoned him. The guy is suspicious off the get-go to just sit down beside an old dude and go off about nothing like that.He has one empty sleeve to his shirt, but his right arm has an armband (ie. [poison] dagger).

Ezio tells him he doesn't think Flornce is the problem. At which point Ezio winces as if pricked by something, and starts breathing heavily. Just before, it appears this guy's arm (which has the armband on it) is behind Ezio.

After Ezio insults him, the man says "Prego...*grabs Ezio's hand*...corrach a vecchio" and shows his scar and deep stare/creepy smile face. Vecchio means "old/former". Corrach means "coach". Seems to me that's it right there

He wasn't poisoned. He winces because it bloody hurts to have a heart attack. I think that man was just a random man to be honest. Nothing more to it. Ezio wanted to get one last insult in before he died. I sort of chuckled at that part. Very sad, but peaceful ending though. I quite liked it. Can't wait for AC3

dylanfrim
11-18-2011, 09:12 PM
i asked UbiGabe who the dude was at the end of Embers, on a live stream today

he said "he's actually no one at all"
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6746/embers33.jpg

SteelCity999
11-20-2011, 12:41 PM
I think one thing that nobody seems to mention is that Ezio was evidently writing that letter to Sofia for quite a while - many versions. Which makes you believe he knew he was dying - he was coughing all the way through the film. He left the final version on his desk sealed.

I think there isn't too much to really read into embers other than seeing his final days. I don't see us going to China or thereabouts either although we might see what was in the box at some point in a future game.